Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 minors in Assam found hanging from tree

3 posters

Go down

2 minors in Assam found hanging from tree Empty 2 minors in Assam found hanging from tree

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:33 pm

it was suspected that the girls had committed suicide after their family's opposition to their having affairs with two youths of the area.

I suspect "love Jehad" gone wrong. Or these are muslim girls hung by their families for falling in love with hindu boys (not likely).

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

2 minors in Assam found hanging from tree Empty Re: 2 minors in Assam found hanging from tree

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:00 pm

two questions:

why do indian newspapers describe post mortem tests in explicit clinical detail?

do indians use the word 'affair' in a different sense than in other english speaking countries?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

2 minors in Assam found hanging from tree Empty Re: 2 minors in Assam found hanging from tree

Post by Kris Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:04 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:two questions:

why do indian newspapers describe post mortem tests in explicit clinical detail?

do indians use the word 'affair' in a different sense than in other english speaking countries?

1) I once saw a graphic depiction of an elephant trounce a man to death on an Indian channel. I guess the public's 'right to know' is taken rather literally.

2) Yes.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:04 pm

An affair in Indian sense is just that - an incident, and affair is an incident between a boy and a girl. This encompasses everything from passing letters to screwing in bed. When two married people have an affair - the meaning is same as in the West.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:11 pm

Kris wrote:

1) I once saw a graphic depiction of an elephant trounce a man to death on an Indian channel. I guess the public's 'right to know' is taken rather literally.

2) Yes.

A lot about rape and minor girls death have been desensitized by the Delhi bus rape.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down