Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GOP & ISIL

2 posters

Go down

GOP & ISIL Empty GOP & ISIL

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:17 pm

If I were president, I would call a joint session of Congress," Paul told the AP. "I would lay out the reasoning of why ISIS is a threat to our national security and seek congressional authorization to destroy ISIS militarily."

The quote didn't really make the rounds and was buried deep in the AP story, but it's a pretty telling little nugget.

Why? Because, to date, it's one of the most hawkish things that any potential 2016 presidential contender has said about the Islamic State. And Paul is supposed to be the non-interventionist in the bunch.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2014/09/03/rand-paul-just-said-something-very-important-and-almost-nobody-noticed/

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

GOP & ISIL Empty Re: GOP & ISIL

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:27 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
If I were president, I would call a joint session of Congress," Paul told the AP. "I would lay out the reasoning of why ISIS is a threat to our national security and seek congressional authorization to destroy ISIS militarily."

The quote didn't really make the rounds and was buried deep in the AP story, but it's a pretty telling little nugget.

Why? Because, to date, it's one of the most hawkish things that any potential 2016 presidential contender has said about the Islamic State. And Paul is supposed to be the non-interventionist in the bunch.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2014/09/03/rand-paul-just-said-something-very-important-and-almost-nobody-noticed/

Goes to prove Principles and politicians dont go together. They will say what people/voters like to hear to make them feel good, and do what the power/moneyed people feel good about.

So how will Rand Paul "implement" the military solution and how will he END it. Easy to get the congressional approval in the name of national security, terrorism and patriotism. but carrying it out is a whole new story. It has to be Iran+Turkey+Saudi+Egypt that needs to put ISIL out of business - FOR THEIR OWN GOOD.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down