Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The idiocy of more than 50% caste based reservations

Go down

The idiocy of more than 50% caste based reservations Empty The idiocy of more than 50% caste based reservations

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:21 pm

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Education-quota-likely-to-breach-50-ceiling/articleshow/9606937.cms

A reader of this article comments:

PG (New York)
15 mins ago (05:29 AM)
This
is great suggestion. I wonder why we took so many years to remove this
ceiling. I think there should be a law that only SC/ST and OBCs can get
admission in good institutions like IITs etc and so called upper caste(
whether rich or poor) can only take admissions on BA(pass). Also we
should also force that all these ministers MPs etc should get themselves
operated by quota doctors. There is no need to fly to New York. Or
still better, all so called upper caste should be forced to purse as
their occupation and they should not allowed to work in government and
private sector. And upper caste should also be taxed 70% on the income
they earn from begging. Only then we can bring 'equality' in a funny
country called India. Thank you guys for helping me make a decision that
however strong is my love for India, I should NEVER return to India if I
hope for a fair treatment for myself and my kids. Congratulations
Western Countries who were worried about reverse brain drain. Our
brainless and boneless politicians will make sure that India gets no
benefit from brain drain and resulting foreign investments.

Back to top Go down

The idiocy of more than 50% caste based reservations Empty Re: The idiocy of more than 50% caste based reservations

Post by truthbetold Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:21 pm

This is where so called intelligensia mis state facts to support their personal quest for financial gains. It is a fact that all most all of us who came to US have opportunities in India and would have been reasonably successful in your field of work. WHo knows some of us may have made huge gains in the past 20 year economic boom. Lot of these Individuals who go to US and other places for personal gain try to find some other scape goat for their decision.

If you go to IITs, you will find the % of sc,sts is actually lower than reservation %s as you lose few of them due to rigors of education. If India needs to do a ROI analysis, it will be proven that India gained directly from SC/ST reservation in IITs because of many of them stay and work for the nation. Most of the Upper castes end up in lucrative jobs in other countries. I would like to hear what their contribution is to Indian growth?

I resent this constant whine about sc/st reservation which is a inconvenience but not the monster these people make it out to be.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

The idiocy of more than 50% caste based reservations Empty Re: The idiocy of more than 50% caste based reservations

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:24 pm

truthbetold wrote:This is where so called intelligensia mis state facts to support their personal quest for financial gains. It is a fact that all most all of us who came to US have opportunities in India and would have been reasonably successful in your field of work. WHo knows some of us may have made huge gains in the past 20 year economic boom. Lot of these Individuals who go to US and other places for personal gain try to find some other scape goat for their decision.

If you go to IITs, you will find the % of sc,sts is actually lower than reservation %s as you lose few of them due to rigors of education. If India needs to do a ROI analysis, it will be proven that India gained directly from SC/ST reservation in IITs because of many of them stay and work for the nation. Most of the Upper castes end up in lucrative jobs in other countries. I would like to hear what their contribution is to Indian growth?

I resent this constant whine about sc/st reservation which is a inconvenience but not the monster these people make it out to be.

--> Please share your views on caste based reservations for OBC's.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down