Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obama greets Modi : “Kem Chho?”

+5
Propagandhi711
Kayalvizhi
confuzzled dude
MaxEntropy_Man
FluteHolder
9 posters

Go down

Obama greets Modi : “Kem Chho?”  Empty Obama greets Modi : “Kem Chho?”

Post by FluteHolder Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:38 pm

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/obama-hosts-dinner-for-modi/article6459780.ece?homepage=true

President Barack Obama on Monday hosted a private dinner for Prime Minister Narendra Modi at the White House, ahead of their summit level talks.
Mr. Modi was welcomed by Obama who greeted him in Gujarati, “Kem Chho?” (How are you?), the mother tongue of the Prime Minister.
Set in an informal ambience, the dinner is the first opportunity for both leaders to interact with each other.
First Lady Michelle Obama, however, gave the dinner a miss.
Both the leaders were joined by 20 attendees at the dinner. The President was joined by Vice President Joe Biden, Secretary of State John Kerry and National Security Advisor Susan Rice among others.
Mr. Modi was accompanied by External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj, National Security Advisor Ajit Doval and Indian Ambassador to the US, S. Jaishankar among others.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Obama greets Modi : “Kem Chho?”  Empty Re: Obama greets Modi : “Kem Chho?”

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:41 pm

I'm glad he made an overture in Gujarathi and not Hindi.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:41 pm

FluteHolder wrote:http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/obama-hosts-dinner-for-modi/article6459780.ece?homepage=true

President Barack Obama on Monday hosted a private dinner for Prime Minister Narendra Modi at the White House, ahead of their summit level talks.
Mr. Modi was welcomed by Obama who greeted him in Gujarati, “Kem Chho?” (How are you?), the mother tongue of the Prime Minister.
Set in an informal ambience, the dinner is the first opportunity for both leaders to interact with each other.
Both the leaders were joined by 20 attendees at the dinner. The President was joined by Vice President Joe Biden, Secretary of State John Kerry and National Security Advisor Susan Rice among others.
Mr. Modi was accompanied by External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj, National Security Advisor Ajit Doval and Indian Ambassador to the US, S. Jaishankar among others.
Hopefully this puts some sense into Modiji w.r.t his Hindi nonsense, but I doubt it he appears not very sharp to identify such subtle sarcasm.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:52 pm

FluteHolder wrote:http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/obama-hosts-dinner-for-modi/article6459780.ece?homepage=true

Hmmm.. wonder if she is aware Modiji's marital fiasco!

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:06 pm

May be US state department officials were reading the outcry in TN against Modi's Hindi fanaticism and were sending a subtle message to non-Hindians, "I am with you".

Or, sending message to Modi to cut out his Hindi fanaticism.

The former is more likely.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:41 am

“Kem Cho,” Mr. Obama asked when he welcomed Mr. Modi, who replied, “Thank you very much, President.”
----
Is that a right response? Kind of odd...

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:49 am

No it is not. I am well, thank you. How are you, Mr. President?
Modi must learn etiquette.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:04 am

confuzzled dude wrote:

Hopefully this puts some sense into Modiji w.r.t his Hindi nonsense, but I doubt it he appears not very sharp to identify such subtle sarcasm.

yeah modi's not sharp but a couple of internet douchebags are.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:08 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

No need to take it personally. Your standards might vary from mine.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:12 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

for someone that cant figure out where to use question mark and where not to, your standards for calling someone who's never lost in his life "not very sharp" are very high indeed.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:21 am

There is a joke about a meeting between the U.S. president and the Soviet premier long ago. The Pres. asked the premier during the initial handshake,"how do you do?" 
The premier responded, "what?"
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:37 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

for someone that cant figure out where to use question mark and where not to, your standards for calling someone who's never lost in his life "not very sharp" are very high indeed.
I'm so sorry that my comment hit you where it hurts the most, please don't take it personally.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:09 am

Hey DUT, leave our Comrade alone. Obama is a personal friend of his who told him that he was being sarcastic when he said Khem Cho.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:33 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

I'm so sorry that my comment hit you where it hurts the most, please don't take it personally.

chill with the self aggrandizement...regardless of the tizzy you work yourself into by scouring for articles incessantly on the internets and x-posting them here, you're still a poorly educated y2k carpet bagger with laughable pretensions of being an intellectual. newsflash: x-posting articles that other ppl wrote doesnt make you a great thinker

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:45 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote: you're still a poorly educated y2k carpet bagger with laughable pretensions of being an intellectual. newsflash: x-posting articles that other ppl wrote doesnt make you a great thinker[/size]
That I am, I'll be the first one to admit and I never pretended nor posed as a superior to other desis in the US. Once again, please don't take it personally

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:01 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote: you're still a poorly educated y2k carpet bagger with laughable pretensions of being an intellectual. newsflash: x-posting articles that other ppl wrote doesnt make you a great thinker[/size]
That I am, I'll be the first one to admit and I never pretended nor posed as a superior to other desis in the US. Once again, please don't take it personally

yeah you dont...except when you call them NRI chaddis etc, you just imply it like you have access to some superior form of intelligence that allows you to see beyond what those NRIs see. such a passive aggressive convert.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:12 am

Shhhhhh

KV, CD are in Obama's inner circle.... of court jesters.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:24 am

southindian wrote:Shhhhhh

KV, CD are in Obama's inner circle.... of court jesters.

mulla reddy must be in the inner circle to get obama's sarcasm (one that modi was not smart enough to get)

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:43 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

chill with the self aggrandizement...regardless of the tizzy you work yourself into by scouring for articles incessantly on the internets and x-posting them here, you're still a poorly educated y2k carpet bagger with laughable pretensions of being an intellectual. newsflash: x-posting articles that other ppl wrote doesnt make you a great thinker
hmm...this coming from one who revels in looking down his texass at the NRI women of SUCH...clearly needs big time help, I say Sad

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:12 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

yeah you dont...except when you call them NRI chaddis etc, you just imply it like you have access to some superior form of intelligence that allows you to see beyond what those NRIs see. such a passive aggressive convert.
Calling names (Chaddis, patriots, sikulars, mulla, mian, newconvert) during heated arguments is not same as being perpetually narcissistic wannabe twid who is itchy to let the people of his tribe know that he is better than them, at every opportunity. Yet again, please don't take it personally.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down