Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A brief history of Sulekha CH part 2

2 posters

Go down

A brief history of Sulekha CH part 2 Empty A brief history of Sulekha CH part 2

Post by Guest Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:36 am

http://sulekha.forumotion.com/t5-a-brief-history-of-sulekha-ch-part-2

Back to top Go down

A brief history of Sulekha CH part 2 Empty Re: A brief history of Sulekha CH part 2

Post by Rekz Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:54 am

1998 to 2011-half ur lifetime wasted
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

A brief history of Sulekha CH part 2 Empty Re: A brief history of Sulekha CH part 2

Post by Guest Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:31 am

great post count! really enjoyed reading it. lol, i remember narendra and yes, he was the emperor of comedy. he was just too funny. i miss him. i remember anuradha too. i don't think she left for when i did use to "peak in" from time to time, after i had left, i did see her in ch and sometimes bantering with bittu. the reason i mention bittu is 'cos after a point, something i had said had majorly pissed her off. i posted a rather wordy apology after that and stopped interacting with her. another poster i remember is alka. she spoke broken english and was from allahabad or lucknow or kanpur and used to literally stalk me. she was very funny though. at first i thought she was a troll. but then she sent me emails and i understood that perhaps she was real -- namely a married woman in allahabad etc. who knew broken english and found a friend in me. i also remember sushma. we followed up the friendship over email but with time everything went "gone with the wind." reeta too. i haven't replied to her email (she sent it 3 yrs. ago). i am not sure if i should now. she sent my kids gifts too every time she visited india. i am an ingrate. i think i'll email reeta hoping that her email address has not changed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:34 am

sushma - that one was a village bicycle. or so i was told by one of the ppl mentioned in your post.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:38 am

alka... where have I heard that name? Your first hunch was correct. Based on the history of the person who told me about her, I think she was a MAJOR multiple id troll.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:47 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:great post count! really enjoyed reading it. lol, i remember narendra and yes, he was the emperor of comedy. he was just too funny. i miss him. i remember anuradha too. i don't think she left for when i did use to "peak in" from time to time, after i had left, i did see her in ch and sometimes bantering with bittu. the reason i mention bittu is 'cos after a point, something i had said had majorly pissed her off. i posted a rather wordy apology after that and stopped interacting with her. another poster i remember is alka. she spoke broken english and was from allahabad or lucknow or kanpur and used to literally stalk me. she was very funny though. at first i thought she was a troll. but then she sent me emails and i understood that perhaps she was real -- namely a married woman in allahabad etc. who knew broken english and found a friend in me. i also remember sushma. we followed up the friendship over email but with time everything went "gone with the wind." reeta too. i haven't replied to her email (she sent it 3 yrs. ago). i am not sure if i should now. she sent my kids gifts too every time she visited india. i am an ingrate. i think i'll email reeta hoping that her email address has not changed.

--> Anuradha was nice but somewhat sensitive. I remember Alka. I do not think she was a troll. And i remember your blog 'Alka smokes weed'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:00 pm

k I remember now... Alka was from Lucknow, but lived in DC.. was not married and worked in a restaurant... Bittu would insult her all the time...

oh man, making complete sense now.... that's when all the troubles began.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:01 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:great post count! really enjoyed reading it. lol, i remember narendra and yes, he was the emperor of comedy. he was just too funny. i miss him. i remember anuradha too. i don't think she left for when i did use to "peak in" from time to time, after i had left, i did see her in ch and sometimes bantering with bittu. the reason i mention bittu is 'cos after a point, something i had said had majorly pissed her off. i posted a rather wordy apology after that and stopped interacting with her. another poster i remember is alka. she spoke broken english and was from allahabad or lucknow or kanpur and used to literally stalk me. she was very funny though. at first i thought she was a troll. but then she sent me emails and i understood that perhaps she was real -- namely a married woman in allahabad etc. who knew broken english and found a friend in me. i also remember sushma. we followed up the friendship over email but with time everything went "gone with the wind." reeta too. i haven't replied to her email (she sent it 3 yrs. ago). i am not sure if i should now. she sent my kids gifts too every time she visited india. i am an ingrate. i think i'll email reeta hoping that her email address has not changed.

--> was 'Alka smokes weed' an autobiographical or semi autobiographical piece? personally i think one of your best efforts was 'Togofogo Nights'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:03 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:k I remember now... Alka was from Lucknow, but lived in DC.. was not married and worked in a restaurant... Bittu would insult her all the time...

oh man, making complete sense now.... that's when all the troubles began.

bittusingh was a elitist wannabe dickweed smokeran that thought he was a superstar billionaire type. who cares where ppl worked?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:12 pm

no.. that's the info i remember I was told about her.. got nothing to do with the rest of the post.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:06 pm

Rashmun wrote:--> was 'Alka smokes weed' an autobiographical or semi autobiographical piece? personally i think one of your best efforts was 'Togofogo Nights'.

lol, yes i agree togofogo nights was the best thing i ever wrote. unfortunately i do not have a record of that piece.

yes, "alka smokes was weed" was autobiographical. i was reminiscing a night i had experienced on lsd (and i've had it more than once).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:30 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Rashmun wrote:--> was 'Alka smokes weed' an autobiographical or semi autobiographical piece? personally i think one of your best efforts was 'Togofogo Nights'.

lol, yes i agree togofogo nights was the best thing i ever wrote. unfortunately i do not have a record of that piece.

yes, "alka smokes was weed" was autobiographical. i was reminiscing a night i had experienced on lsd (and i've had it more than once).

i also recall two other pieces by you--one on Kafka, and the other on Lord Shiva. If you have a record of them please consider putting them up as a blog. i think sulekha must be having all the old posts in their records; i wonder if they would agree to try searching for 'Togofogo Nights' and mailing it to you if they find it, if you request them to do so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:55 pm

Rashmun wrote: i wonder if they would agree to try searching for 'Togofogo Nights' and mailing it to you if they find it, if you request them to do so.

i see. but i won't bother 'cos the search words are insufficient and the piece was a forum post.

i also recall two other pieces by you--one on Kafka, and the other on Lord Shiva. If you have a record of them please consider putting them up as a blog.

i do not have a record of my post on kafka but i do have a record of my post on shiva. i will try post it here now that shiva is centre stage, what with me and .|Sublime|. reading a trilogy on shiva.

Last edited by Huzefa Kapasi on Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:57 pm

Rashmun wrote:If you have a record of them please consider putting them up as a blog.

i'm afraid there is no blogging feature as such in forumotion.com (as we understand blogging). i'll have to make a forum post.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:57 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Rashmun wrote:If you have a record of them please consider putting them up as a blog.

i'm afraid there is no blogging feature as such in forumotion.com (as we understand blogging). i'll have to make a forum post.

please do so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down