Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

listen to this

4 posters

Go down

listen to this Empty listen to this

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:17 pm

even if you're not an indian classical music fan. i am sure you will find it deeply moving. no knowledge of any language or understanding of the grammar of the music required. someone uploaded this the day he died. i am speechless after listening to it.

MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

listen to this Empty Re: listen to this

Post by seven Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:20 pm

hey - how's ur back, neck  etc?

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:22 pm

seven wrote:hey - how's ur back, neck  etc?

i'm fine thanks.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:41 pm

i think srinivas had a special relationship with raga simhendra madhyamam. just half a note different from shanmukhapriya, but a lot broodier.

MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:12 am

[quote="MaxEntropy_Man"]i think srinivas had a special relationship with raga simhendra madhyamam.  just half a note different from shanmukhapriya, but a lot broodier.

Nice, and yeah - less imposing compared to shanmugapriya.

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:09 am

garam_kuta wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i think srinivas had a special relationship with raga simhendra madhyamam.  just half a note different from shanmukhapriya, but a lot broodier.

Nice, and yeah - less imposing compared to shanmugapriya.

i like shanmukhapriya just fine, but find simhendra madhyamam (SM) is more contemplative, more inward looking. i don't know how else to put it. the ragam thanam in SM in my original post is a stunning piece of music. there is all the technical virtuosity of his boyhood combined with a commanding grasp of the raga's character, and imbued with so much bhAva. i would have loved to listen to the pallavi too. unfortunately it's missing from the youtube upload.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:39 pm

can't wait to access this. Anyway, bunch of videos [from saregama, I think] was uploaded on the day he died. I noticed that as well. BTW, not sure if these two are visiting your side of the wood but if they do, please make sure you catch them in action.

Vijna Vasudevan and Renjith.

My daughter just finished her two week workshop on yoga and kalari with them.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:02 pm

Impedimenta wrote:can't wait to access this. Anyway, bunch of videos [from saregama, I think] was uploaded on the day he died. I noticed that as well. BTW, not sure if these two are visiting your side of the wood but if they do, please make sure you catch them in action.

will do. please do listen to that RT (no P) of simhendra madhyamam and let me know your thoughts. i loved everything about it -- the playing is really sharp and clean, and plenty of bhAvA. leaves you thirsting for more.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:18 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Impedimenta wrote:can't wait to access this. Anyway, bunch of videos [from saregama, I think] was uploaded on the day he died. I noticed that as well. BTW, not sure if these two are visiting your side of the wood but if they do, please make sure you catch them in action.

will do.  please do listen to that RT (no P) of simhendra madhyamam and let me know your thoughts. i loved everything about it -- the playing is really sharp and clean, and plenty of bhAvA. leaves you thirsting for more.

found the pallavi that goes with that RT of simhendra madhyamam! it was in a separate youtube video:

pure nectar.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down