Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

random thrill mission?

Go down

random thrill mission? Empty random thrill mission?

Post by Guest Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:32 pm

http://www.king5.com/story/news/local/2014/10/10/kirkland-home-invasion-victim-tortured-deep-rawat/17018743/

KIRKLAND, Wash. -- A teenager will face his attackers Friday when they are sentenced in a King County courtroom for torturing him in his parents' home.
The transition from high school to college was not what Deep Rawat imagined it would be.
"I would sleep with a weapon next me, a knife next to me," he said.
Rawat was just 18, almost exactly one year ago, when two men on a random thrill mission, police say, broke into his parents' Kirkland basement.
"They wanted to kill," he said. "That's it."
Rawat remembers Vincent Sisounong and Blessing Gainey waking him up with a machete. They pointed it at his throat and told him that they'd kill his entire family if he made any noise.
"It's hard to imagine he didn't scream because he didn't want us dying," said his mom, Leena.
From his bedroom, Rawat said, the men took him to the basement, and he knew there was only one reason why.
"He said he wanted to see me struggle for my life and eventually die," Rawat remembered.
A gruesome picture of Rawat in the hospital immediately after reflects the hour of torture that still haunts him.
"Just repeatedly hacking at my leg," said Rawat.
Eight gashes still scar his leg. Rawat remembers they stabbed him through his tissue to the bone as they tried to cut it off, along with his arm.
"I knew I was going to die. There was a point I knew I was going to die," he said.
His mother's regret to this day, their newly installed alarm system never woke them up.
"The hardest part is we slept through it," she said.
It's the reason they're now suing Comcast and their contractor, Pioneer Cable. The family claims they were promised a secure network with which both the stay and away functions would keep the basement motion detector active.
On this night, using the stay mode, they say the motion detector was not armed.
"If they want to be in the business of security, they really should be in the business of security," Leena said.
Rawat was able to set off their car alarm and run for help. He still has severe knee pain, nightmares, and paranoia. The 19-year-old also missed his first year of college.
But he's grateful to be alive, just like he told his attackers on that night.
"I said, 'I love my life, and I don't want to die,'" he remembers.

Back to top Go down