Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stop connecting and start acting

2 posters

Go down

Stop connecting and start acting Empty Stop connecting and start acting

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:18 pm

Four lakh ITI students will get an SMS from Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday cheering their choice of picking up vocational education as a sign the government is serious this time to correct the basic problem of lack of trained manpower to drive its ‘Make in India’ ambition.
“It is a perverse position. There are 11,500 ITIs whose number of seats is roughly the same as that for undergraduate engineering colleges across the country of about 16 lakh,” he said. 
http://indianexpress.com/article/business/business-others/pm-modi-to-connect-with-4-lakh-iti-students-declare-brand-ambassadors/#sthash.0DuKMq6R.dpuf

While I applaud him for turning his focus onto these guys, I would prefer he puts a stop to this connecting dramabazi nonsense and actually offer financial incentives like scholarships to encourage enrollment into these courses or think along the lines of incorporating these into secondary education curriculum.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Stop connecting and start acting Empty Re: Stop connecting and start acting

Post by truthbetold Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:50 pm

Just in case you are not aware, Education is a state subject in India. So far GOI has no role at the level of ITIs.  

Modi is just being a smart politician.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:57 pm

truthbetold wrote:Just in case you are not aware, Education is a state subject in India. So far GOI has no role at the level of ITIs.  

Thanks for the edumacation, but didn't Modiji's budget had crores of rupees allocated to education i.e. from upgrading madrasas to IITs?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:06 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
truthbetold wrote:Just in case you are not aware, Education is a state subject in India. So far GOI has no role at the level of ITIs.  

Thanks for the edumacation, but didn't Modiji's budget had crores of rupees allocated to education i.e. from upgrading madrasas to IITs?
We all know modi has a soft spot for madarasa education and he is probably breaking the constitution. But he is no match to the likes of YSR, Jyoti Basu,  Sonia, and 'I could not sleep that night' MMS.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down