Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Impedimenta - do you know ..

2 posters

Go down

Impedimenta - do you know .. Empty Impedimenta - do you know ..

Post by indophile Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:09 am

if the dance program offered by these guys would be good? It's on Oct 25 at our local temple.

https://ci3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/EI1OSKlCq6BslEGmG1G8sugvwKUyDMih34wWfizBtkDJhx1UmmaLxfNZWzAKLiLObMNBF-u44WL_BD9BdxtAFKzMeYanXk87rnx36ntLWj_okSrrkWrhQaLCRVD7qwtCDaAvhjEcagwZbyaPtXrdo4Kz9v-6M_YBmH75Zcs=s0-d-e1-ft#http://staticapp.icpsc.com/icp/loadimage.php/mogile/1342054/61219507be016a3021d8b49f079ef0d6/image/jpeg

indophile

Back to top Go down

Impedimenta - do you know .. Empty Re: Impedimenta - do you know ..

Post by Impedimenta Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:41 am

Looks like they are following the Kalakshetra bani. I have not seen them perform nor have I heard anything about them. But, the choreography will have the basic aspects of the bani - movements look angular and geometric, more emphasis on the sringara rasa and fast paced Nritta.

Abhinayam totally depends on the theme, choreography and the dancer. But generally, the bani encourages dramatized emotions, Nritya is unrealistic.

Having said that, how the choreography is presented is a whole other discussion and that I cannot comment on obviously because I have not seen them perform.

I am not sure if you are personally interested in BN or you are trying to encourage your kid into taking up BN but either way, go for it. no harm, IMO. if it is for your kid then I would definitely encourage you to expose the kids to as many BN productions as possible, just to expose them to the concept of styles and bani[tradition] in BN.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:15 am

Impedimenta wrote:
I am not sure if you are personally interested in BN or you are trying to encourage your kid into taking up BN but either way, go for it. no harm, IMO. if it is for your kid then I would definitely encourage you to expose the kids to as many BN productions as possible, just to expose them to the concept of styles and bani[tradition] in BN.
I try to attend any cultural program if I can make it. No, not for the kid. Also, the ticket price for these folks is so low, just $10. Generally for troupes that come all the way from India tickets are not that inexpensive. I remember paying $50 to $100 for Dhanunjayans' and Chinna Satyams' troupes' programs in the past.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down