Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ebola

+2
Impedimenta
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
6 posters

Go down

Ebola  Empty Ebola

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:20 am

if you sneeze, cough, or even utter the word E B O L A in the airport you may get the special treatment that even an ISIS suspect may not get.

In Indian temples - say Tirupathi during the festival days - people stand with skin to skin contact, and dont wearing cheppals and water flows at the entrance cleansing your feet automatically...

Hard to believe India has escaped till now.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Ebola  Empty Re: Ebola

Post by Impedimenta Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:45 am

to be honest, I am freaking out :-(

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:51 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

if you sneeze, cough, or even utter the word E B O L A in the airport you may get the special treatment that even an ISIS suspect may not get.

In Indian temples - say Tirupathi during the festival days - people stand with skin to skin contact, and dont wearing cheppals and water flows at the entrance cleansing your feet automatically...

The more you come to know Ebola the more you realize, Ebola can create havoc in India. Temples, Train stations, buses, markets, most crowded places and most houses/buildings are breeding grounds for Ebola. Much like a bomb in Old city ghettos in ALL towns.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:19 am

southindian wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

The more you come to know Ebola the more you realize, Ebola can create havoc in India. Temples, Train stations, buses, markets, most crowded places and most houses/buildings are breeding grounds for Ebola. Much like a bomb in Old city ghettos in ALL towns.

Oh nothing to worry. As and when an Ebola patient is identified - all his friends and family will visit important temples and go on Yatra to pray for his cure - and at the same time spreading it to everyone everywhere.

Imagine how Indian health authorities will do the "tracing" in such cases. But, India has handled it before - the small Pox, Plague, etc... just leaving it to mother nature and God and fate.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:13 am

i had thought AIDS was the maximum (thus the last) havoc virus could create on mankind. what the fuck is this shit? is there no end?

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:26 am

madrasi_idiot wrote:i had thought AIDS was the maximum (thus the last) havoc virus could create on mankind. what the fuck is this shit? is there no end?

Yes..there is ...for the one who gets it.

I am waiting for CDC - the idiots - to drop the "bomb" some doctor gave his view that the nurse - with all her protection - must have gotten it through air. When the CDC confirms such airborne contamination of Ebola - it will be health care hydrogen bomb.

Now they are saying ebola can reside in the "droplets" due to sneezing/coughing by a patient, which can be intercepted by others. So, we are getting there.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:29 pm

the thought does cross your mind... like when I was brushing my teeth in the office restroom just now... was like, 'ok, I am touching the water tap, then rinsing my mouth with those hands. What if someone from the office travelled recently and showed up to work with very initial symptoms'. Then by the time I finish brushing my teeth, I think - 'jo hoga dekha jayega (will see whatever happens), there are survivors after all, why can't I be one of them'. Then while I am rinsing my mouth, I think, 'ok I may not die but what if people infected by me die, that's a big guilt to live with'. Then I tell myself that not everything is in my hands really, wipe my face and come back, drink green tea and clove water and hope something within all that will keep my immunity high.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:11 pm

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/09/12/opinion/what-were-afraid-to-say-about-ebola.html?_r=0&referrer=
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:41 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:the thought does cross your mind... like when I was brushing my teeth in the office restroom just now... was like, 'ok, I am touching the water tap, then rinsing my mouth with those hands. What if someone from the office travelled recently and showed up to work with very initial symptoms'. Then by the time I finish brushing my teeth, I think - 'jo hoga dekha jayega (will see whatever happens), there are survivors after all, why can't I be one of them'. Then while I am rinsing my mouth, I think, 'ok I may not die but what if people infected by me die, that's a big guilt to live with'. Then I tell myself that not everything is in my hands really, wipe my face and come back, drink green tea and clove water and hope something within all that will keep my immunity high.
Rolling Eyes . Only bk can have such thoughts. Lol!

I am more at risk, btw.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:06 pm

...Some myths and other USEFUL tips to follow...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:34 pm

....A very scary prospect, Ashish Jha said in an interview with The Hindu, ‘As long as the outbreak continues in West Africa, the chances that someone will end up in India and then, develop symptoms is very high.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:18 pm

Spanish Nurse Aide FREE of Ebola....Her treatment is pretty much the standard tx for a severe viral infection - with the exception of blood transfusion from an Ebola survivor. That is not at all bad...Something to try and hope for in case it spreads to poor mega cities.

....She has received two main treatments in her battle against Ebola, for which there is still no vaccine. The first was an IV drip with the antibodies of an Ebola survivor -- a Catholic nun who survived the disease in West Africa. And Romero also received an experimental anti-viral drug, favipiravir, Enjuanes said. Spain imported another experimental drug, ZMab, but could only get an older version -- not the newest version, whose stocks have run low globally -- and Romero's doctors decided not to use it on her, Enjuanes said. To fight her lung problems while also battling Ebola, the doctors administered anti-inflammatory drugs to ease her respiratory problems, even while unsure how that treatment might affect the anti-Ebola measures, Enjuanes said.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:43 pm

https://m.yahoo.com/w/legobpengine/frontpage/finance/news/york-citys-rats-carrying-viruses-130000460.html?.b=%2Findex&.intl=us&.lang=en
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:08 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/19/health/ebola-crisis/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

Ebola patient recovery. Spain.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:14 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:https://m.yahoo.com/w/legobpengine/frontpage/finance/news/york-citys-rats-carrying-viruses-130000460.html?.b=%2Findex&.intl=us&.lang=en

hey...isn't micro, nano, bio the darling of researchers? The rats are just way ahead of humans in dealing with even smaller viruses.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:16 pm

here we go again!
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/24/nyregion/craig-spencer-is-tested-for-ebola-virus-at-bellevue-hospital-in-new-york-city.html?hpw&rref=nyregion&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&version=HpHedThumbWell&module=well-region&region=bottom-well&WT.nav=bottom-well
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:20 pm

Hats off to all the health care workers who put themselves at risk.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:22 pm

omg, that's my neighbor!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:26 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:omg, that's my neighbor!
umm

the protective gear needs to be modified/improved, i guess. In spite of taking all the precautions, doctors and nurses are getting infected. Something needs to change. It's not working.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:58 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:here we go again!
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/24/nyregion/craig-spencer-is-tested-for-ebola-virus-at-bellevue-hospital-in-new-york-city.html?hpw&rref=nyregion&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&version=HpHedThumbWell&module=well-region&region=bottom-well&WT.nav=bottom-well

was hoping he'd test negative. no such luck.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2014/10/23/n-y-health-worker-who-recently-returned-from-west-africa-being-evaluated-for-ebola/?hpid=z1
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:59 pm

Poor guy he was with Doctors without Borders treating Ebola patients in Guinea till Oct 12 and flew into NYC via Europe on Oct 17.

So there you have it. A selfless guy who tried to help the most unfortunate.

NYC mayor speech "no need for any alarm" reminded me of routine MMS speech after each bombing.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:55 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:Poor guy he was with Doctors without Borders treating Ebola patients in Guinea till Oct 12 and flew into NYC via Europe on Oct 17.

So there you have it. A selfless guy who tried to help the most unfortunate.

NYC mayor speech "no need for any alarm" reminded me of routine MMS speech after each bombing.

What is the policy in such matters. From what I remember reading from old times, quarantines were enforced whether you were detected with something or not, until you had passed the safe zone. But in this case I think they allow you to self monitor until you get the symptoms. But then what if someone's first symptom comes in the middle of a 12-hour plane journey, or in a crowded subway ride and you sneeze hard.

Someone I know went to pick someone from one of the New York airport yesterday. My first thought was, what if they are picking Ebola too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:36 am

Unfortunately the CDC, WHO..no one was prepared for this crisis (or could have been fully prepared)..so the recommendations and guidelines continue to change..with updates.

What we know so far is there are "high risk" groups..basically if one is working/in close contact with patients during the contagious phase, exchanges bodily fluids..consumes bushmeat (esp. in Africa).

Precautions are important, paranoia is not necessary.

This parody may seem a bit silly..but, it's quite funny! 

"I don't have Cancer, I have Ebola".."You can't quarantine the heart"..Smile

Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:58 pm

...Now..onto Ebola Lynching

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content