Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the billionaire dropout

2 posters

Go down

the billionaire dropout Empty the billionaire dropout

Post by Guest Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:45 am

http://money.cnn.com/2014/10/16/technology/theranos-elizabeth-holmes/?cid=ob_articlesidebarall&iid=obnetwork

America's youngest self-made female billionaire is 30 years old and a college dropout. The company she founded has the potential to change health care for millions of Americans.

Elizabeth Holmes left Stanford University at 19 with a plan to start her own company. For money, she cashed out the funds her parents had saved for tuition. Now, she counts billionaire Larry Ellison as an investor and has former secretaries of state on her board.

"I think a lot of young people have incredible ideas and incredible insights, but sometimes they wait before they go give their life to something," she said. "What I did was just to start a little earlier."

Holmes, through her company Theranos, has taken on the $76 billion laboratory-diagnostic industry as her target. It's an industry that was just waiting to be disrupted, since blood testing has not changed since the modern clinical lab emerged in the 1960s.

the billionaire dropout 141015164936-blood-billionaire-620xa

Back to top Go down

the billionaire dropout Empty Re: the billionaire dropout

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:50 am

Yeah I read that yesterday..

But, one thing people forget is that Bill Gates, Zuckerberg and holmes are dropouts but were admitted to Harvard and Stanford.

So they are not dumb.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:58 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

Yeah I read that yesterday..

But, one thing people forget is that Bill Gates, Zuckerberg and holmes are dropouts but were admitted to Harvard and Stanford.

So they are not dumb.

Yup. Join an ivy league school and then drop out to get street cred.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down