Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how many people here have lied on their resume?

+2
Seva Lamberdar
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
6 posters

Go down

how many people here have lied on their resume? Empty how many people here have lied on their resume?

Post by Guest Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:25 pm

specially the ones in IT?

Back to top Go down

how many people here have lied on their resume? Empty Re: how many people here have lied on their resume?

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:00 pm

As you all know i never (ever) lie.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

how many people here have lied on their resume? Empty Re: how many people here have lied on their resume?

Post by Guest Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:08 pm

Never lied about anything in my resume. Hubby actually gets frustrated that I downplay and try to be very modest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:30 pm

An interesting article related to this topic,

http://www.thenewsminute.com/news_sections/1818#.VFYs0u0uqSI.twitter
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:55 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marilee_Jones
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:51 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marilee_Jones

oh wow. sometimes seems unfair too. she fabricated the degree, but her work over the years was real. having said that, looks like no matter how far ago it happened, this is a serious offense indeed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:05 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marilee_Jones

There was also a case of a "rising Star" biting dust at Yale and a Harvard Stalwart lying about her "pow-wow indianness"

Frankly these biggies walk along the edges of ethical lines and hence everyone "knows" they are lying but not sufficient enough to bust their asses.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:50 pm

A correct question would be, "Who doesn't?"

You expect to get 'a right answer' from people who don't post with their true name? Smile
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:00 pm

southindian wrote:A correct question would be, "Who doesn't?"

You expect to get 'a right answer' from people who don't post with their true name? Smile

most people i know.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:14 am

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:specially the ones in IT?

>>> Am not in IT. I changed lines of work once and so some of my early experiences were irrelevant at one point. So I used to leave that part out. My wife updated my resume recently to make it more focused on the skill sets rather than just a bare bones recap of dates and organization names. In this updated version all my experience is included. I have not had any reason to use it though. Come to think of it, with the exception of my first 3 jobs which happened within a space of 4 or 5 years, my jobs came through people I had worked with previously. So I don't think the resume made any difference.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:11 am

Kris wrote:

>>> Am not in IT. I changed lines of work once and so some of my early experiences were irrelevant at one point. So I used to leave that part out. My wife updated my resume recently to make it more focused on the skill sets rather than just a bare bones recap of dates and organization names. In this updated version all my experience is included. I have not had any reason to use it though. Come to think of it, with the exception of my first 3 jobs which happened within a space of 4 or 5 years, my jobs came through people I had worked with previously. So I don't think the resume made any difference.

I have been disappointed with many a candidate I have interviewed after reading his or her neatly composed resumes. Conversely I have interviewed some very capable candidates whose resumes didn't stand out. Nowadays I can easily spot a resume that went through a facelift with the help of skilled resume writers. With Ladders and other such sites networking has become far easier to change jobs.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:19 am

goodcitizn wrote:
Kris wrote:

I have been disappointed with many a candidate I have interviewed after reading their neatly composed resumes. Conversely I have interviewed some very capable candidates whose resumes didn't stand out. Nowadays I can easily spot a resume that went through a facelift with the help of skilled resume writers.
>>>Ditto for me. There are  gaps or something just doesn't make sense. Even with due diligence, I have been disappointed with hires or some direct reports I have inherited in the past. It has been a sad reminder of the dumbing down of America.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down