Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rajdeep Sardesai: I have never been anti-Modi

3 posters

Go down

Rajdeep Sardesai: I have never been anti-Modi Empty Rajdeep Sardesai: I have never been anti-Modi

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:40 am

Q. I understand, but even at your book launch, P Chidambaram and Arun Jaitley, such contrasting political leaders, are going to share the dais. This book seems like a journey of Rajdeep to now pacify himself and get into a centrist position.

I’ve always been centrist. You see, the problem is 2002 converted a centrist journalist in the eyes of some people into a raving anti-Modi figure. It is not true. I just happened to be in Gujarat covering the riots. If I had been a journalist in 1984, I would’ve covered the anti-Sikh riots with the same intensity of the television camera.

I have often said this, I covered the ’92-’93 Mumbai riots with the same intensity but I was in print so nobody noticed it in the same way as television. Sharad Pawar threw me out of a press conference after the ’92-’93 riots saying you are reporting against our government. He was the defence minister then. He threw me out of the press conference because I was questioning the role of the Mumbai police and Pawar was not bringing the army speedily enough into Mumbai. Nobody remembers that.

So if you are saying that Rajdeep is trying to recast his image as not being anti-Modi, I’ve never been anti-Modi. I have been a reporter reporting what I saw. I saw it in 2002. I saw something else in ’92-’93. I have reported both honestly. Why should I be in a cage? You are putting me in the cage of 2002.
http://www.rediff.com/news/interview/rajdeep-sardesai-i-have-never-been-anti-modi/20141105.htm

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Rajdeep Sardesai: I have never been anti-Modi Empty Re: Rajdeep Sardesai: I have never been anti-Modi

Post by truthbetold Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:22 pm

cd 
what do you think of rajdeep? is he selling off?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Rajdeep Sardesai: I have never been anti-Modi Empty Re: Rajdeep Sardesai: I have never been anti-Modi

Post by ashdoc Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:05 am

Who knows , the funds from congress might have stopped coming .

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down