Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rahul dravid take a bow

+3
nevada
truthbetold
MaxEntropy_Man
7 posters

Go down

rahul dravid take a bow Empty rahul dravid take a bow

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:29 am

that is all.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

rahul dravid take a bow Empty Re: rahul dravid take a bow

Post by truthbetold Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:37 am

That is a gem of an Inning. Test cricket as it should be played. What a pleasure watching him bat.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:17 am

Outstanding innings from Dravid. I hope it has inspired his mates to bat well enough to draw this game.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:24 pm

nevada wrote:Outstanding innings from Dravid. I hope it has inspired his mates to bat well enough to draw this game.

64/2 Sehwag back in the pavilion

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:32 pm

After playing a marathon innings a tired Dravid had to come in as makeshift opener yet again. Why doesn't Sachin open the innings in tests?

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:59 pm

excellent innings by dravid and he did not get out. he could have carried on for longer had he got the support from others. and he scored that as a makeshift opener. and poor guy had to come back to bat after 10 mins. three centuries in four matches is phenominal.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:10 pm

Time to give Swann some treatment. It is always dangerous against a spinner bolwling with 4 close-in fielders. either spinner wins or the batsman wins... time for VVSL and sRT to put swann in place or else they will be caught off an edge - soon.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:13 pm

and laxman's middle stump goes walkies. this is the end. nice 4-0 whitewash.

sorry that was off.

Last edited by MaxEntropy_Man on Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:13 pm

still not sure why dravid was given out in the second innings.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:21 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:still not sure why dravid was given out in the second innings.

I think they goofed. The replay shows the ball missing the bat and hitting only the pad.

Go Sachin. he will score 100. for sure.... come on Sachin.. no pressure at all now that we are assured of a 4-0. Give the mafia and the media something to gloat and cheer about.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:22 pm

what's mystifying is that he was given not out by the on field umpire and the third umpire overruled when there was no evidence.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:27 pm

they call them the genius, the builder, and the artiste. as much as i am in awe of tendulkar and love laxman's gorgeous artistry, i've always been a sucker for battening down the hatches. so RD has always been my man.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:40 pm

Kaushik writes: "Question after the series is over: "Well MS, are there any positives you can take out of this series?" Answer: "Wall, of course.""
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:34 pm

Immediately after Dravid's dismissal, Gavaskar and Shastri were going on and on about the unreliability of technology and how right BCCI is in not accepting it when the real issue was the suspicious decision made by the third umpire based on insufficient evidence. The third umpire is the one to be slammed and not technology.

They are both shameless mouthpieces of BCCI.

Of course, the fact that Dravid admitted to a nick later is irrelevant to all this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:36 pm

blabberwock wrote:Immediately after Dravid's dismissal, Gavaskar and Shastri were going on and on about the unreliability of technology and how right BCCI is in not accepting it when the real issue was the suspicious decision made by the third umpire based on insufficient evidence. The third umpire is the one to be slammed and not technology.

They are both shameless mouthpieces of BCCI.

Of course, the fact that Dravid admitted to a nick later is irrelevant to all this.

They are loyal to their employers. They should not have been hired as commentators in the first place.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:47 pm

blabberwock wrote:

bhogle i thought got it just right. his point was even if you "know" that a man committed murder you can't convict him if there isn't conclusive evidence to do so. yes dravid admitted to the nick, but i'd like to know how the third umpire arrived at his decision. the only tool available legitimately to him was hotspot which showed nothing. he wasn't supposed to use things like snicko even if they are available. something smells rotten in the state of denmark.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:46 pm

nice tribute in the guardian: http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2011/aug/21/rahul-dravid-india-england

loved this:
How much do the entrepreneurs designing the future of Indian cricket
recognise Dravid's worth? Do they look with wonder upon the fact that
all summer he has risen above the shame of India's shambolic
performance? Or do they just watch him resist subtly and methodically,
hour after hour, and wonder if they could slip in an extra ad break
between all the dot balls?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:02 pm

blabberwock wrote:

I think it is very relevant from judging technology/3rd umpire perspective, what conclusive evidence did he see to over turn on-field umpire decision?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:17 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
blabberwock wrote:

I think it is very relevant from judging technology/3rd umpire perspective, what conclusive evidence did he see to over turn on-field umpire decision?

The only thing the umpire could have gone by is the possible deflection off the bat but that wasn't clear or conclusive to my eyes.

It was a dodgy decision and my point was the fact that Rahul was really out makes no difference.

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:29 am

blabberwock wrote:Of course, the fact that Dravid admitted to a nick later is irrelevant to all this.

right. the third umpire should not have given that one out. they have stolen dravid's wicket which could (most likely) change the result of the match. it looks like not just ENG's 11, but others (third umpires, ENG media, ex-cricketers and commentators) want to somehow humiliate IND.

on a related note, i did not understand it when Dravid said that his instinct in the last match was right (when he did not ask for the review). what does he mean? he hit the shoe lace and not the ball. i believe every batsman knows whether he has hit it or not. or is it his rubber gloves which don't give him an idea whether he has feathered it or not?

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down