Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The return of the Maharashtrian Brahmin

+2
truthbetold
confuzzled dude
6 posters

Go down

The return of the Maharashtrian Brahmin Empty The return of the Maharashtrian Brahmin

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:21 pm

But now, on the surface, recent political developments suggest that Maharashtrian Brahmins may be back in the reckoning. In the central cabinet, Maharashtrian Brahmins Nitin Gadkari, Suresh Prabhu and Prakash Javadekar hold important portfolios. Manohar Parrikar, a Brahmin from Goa, is of Maharashtrian origin, as is Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan, although she was elected from Indore. In the party too, they occupy important positions at the national level. BJP vice-president Vinay Sahasrabuddhe, joint general secretary (organization) Satish Velankar and secretary Poonam Mahajan are all Maharashtrian Brahmins.
http://www.livemint.com/Politics/n0bFVeeyxetAKsm4UI2LBI/The-return-of-the-Maharashtrian-Brahmin.html

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

The return of the Maharashtrian Brahmin Empty Re: The return of the Maharashtrian Brahmin

Post by truthbetold Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:32 pm

Nitin, suresh and prakash are well known politicians before 2014.  So their region and caste may not be of significant weight. However, they have to prove themselves in govt and deliver. 

As an aside, an RSS win means more brahmin influence.  By itself it does not tell you much. If Modi delivers, it will be a winning combination. if not,  Indian people will decide.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

The return of the Maharashtrian Brahmin Empty Re: The return of the Maharashtrian Brahmin

Post by rawemotions Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:56 pm

truthbetold wrote:Nitin, suresh and prakash are well known politicians before 2014.  So their region and caste may not be of significant weight. However, they have to prove themselves in govt and deliver. 

As an aside, an RSS win means more brahmin influence.  By itself it does not tell you much. If Modi delivers, it will be a winning combination. if not,  Indian people will decide.
Well, it is good to see a competent lower caste Hindu, being a role model for these people belonging to the so called Brahmin sub-culture, guiding them, and having the power to hire and fire them, based on their performance.

What else is expected, from the supporters of the allegedly incompetent congress party? Instead of working on improving the country, the only thing they know is to divide Hindus and somehow get Congress party and their pseudo-secular supporters back to power by hook or crook.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:14 pm

rawemotions wrote:
truthbetold wrote:Nitin, suresh and prakash are well known politicians before 2014.  So their region and caste may not be of significant weight. However, they have to prove themselves in govt and deliver. 

Well, it is good to see a competent lower caste Hindu, being a role model for these people belonging to the so called Brahmin sub-culture, guiding them, and having the power to hire and fire them, based on their performance.

What else is expected, from the supporters of the allegedly incompetent congress party? Instead of working on improving the country, the only thing they know is to divide Hindus and somehow get Congress party and their pseudo-secular supporters back to power by hook or crook.

+1000

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:08 pm

hail maharashtrian brahmins !! i am one myself .

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:48 pm

ashdoc wrote:hail maharashtrian brahmins !! i am one myself .

Deshastha, konkanastha, karhade, saraswat, or something else?

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:32 pm

deshastha

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:37 pm

ashdoc wrote:deshastha

not only are you a maharashtrian brahmin you are also at the very top of the hierarchy amongst maharashtrian brahmins. tell me something: do you guys look down upon saraswat brahmins as inferior?

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:45 pm

are they pro goat killing or anti goat killing?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:31 pm

Rashmun wrote:

not only are you a maharashtrian brahmin you are also at the very top of the hierarchy amongst maharashtrian brahmins. tell me something: do you guys look down upon saraswat brahmins as inferior?
saraswats eat nonveg and are therefore people whom i admire . anyway i am partially westernised and my views are totally apart from brahmins who actually practice brahminism---i simply dont dabble in religion .

anyway deshasthas and koknasthas look down upon saraswats for eating nonveg and therefore departing from the main principle of brahminism .

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:07 pm

here is my non evidence based comment on Maha brahmins.  Most of these Maha brahmins are heavily influenced by Jainism. In fact Marwaris of rajasthan and many castes in gujarat that are strict veg follow Jainism in the garb of hinduism. Now to extend it further, RSS is dominated by Jains, Maha brahmins, Gujjus and marwaris who follow jainism.  That is why RSS acts and looks different from southern/eastern Indian hindu culture.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down