Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is your opinion on these stocks

+6
The Absolute Zero
Bittu
harharmahadev
Abdul
charvaka
CroMagnon
10 posters

Go down

What is your opinion on these stocks Empty What is your opinion on these stocks

Post by CroMagnon Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:43 am

Priceline
Amazon
Riverbed
Google
Salesforce
Netflix

What are good price points to get into some of these if you think they have a good future?

Is it a good idea to not buy anything and just sell on the upsides for a few months?
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

What is your opinion on these stocks Empty Re: What is your opinion on these stocks

Post by charvaka Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:47 am

I picked up GOOG at 500
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

What is your opinion on these stocks Empty Re: What is your opinion on these stocks

Post by Abdul Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:00 am

CroMagnon wrote:Priceline
Amazon
Riverbed
Google
Salesforce
Netflix

What are good price points to get into some of these if you think they have a good future?

Is it a good idea to not buy anything and just sell on the upsides for a few months?

What is your opinion of Apple's stock?

Abdul

Back to top Go down

Post by harharmahadev Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:28 am

CroMagnon wrote:Priceline
Amazon
Riverbed
Google
Salesforce
Netflix

EMC might be a good play.

harharmahadev

http://www.desichatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:33 am

BRK.A or nothing, IMHO

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:33 pm

Bittu wrote:BRK.A or nothing, IMHO

All eggs in one basket? I bought BRK.B when it was 3500 for one stock. It divided and remained the same so far (In total). It did not lose a lot like LMVTX or LMOPX.

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:40 pm

I'm going to buy a ton of BAC tomorrow.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:38 am

fuck. went to buy BAC and saw that it's jumped 22%. Wondering if I should buy anyway or hope for a dip...

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:02 am

Bittu wrote:fuck. went to buy BAC and saw that it's jumped 22%. Wondering if I should buy anyway or hope for a dip...

obama met buffet a few days ago and begged him to give america the vote of confidence by buying warrants on BOA so it doesnt go into bankruptcy. which is what he did.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:07 am

Bittu wrote:fuck. went to buy BAC and saw that it's jumped 22%. Wondering if I should buy anyway or hope for a dip...

that's 'cause buffett is just ploughing $5B into it. hopefully folks who already own BRKb will benefit from it.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:12 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

that's 'cause buffett is just ploughing $5B into it. hopefully folks who already own BRKb will benefit from it.

yes, only ppl that invest in BRK.b will benefit coz buffetan always makes sure he gets a sweetheart deal that's not available to regular investors.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:35 pm

http://www.forbes.com/sites/investor/2011/08/25/warning-why-you-shouldnt-follow-buffett-into-bofas-stock/
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:56 pm

prediction: BAC will slide to 5-6 over the next few, then clamber back up to double digits in a year or two.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:46 pm

May your prediction come true.

Do you have MT?

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:34 pm

kinnera wrote:May your prediction come true.

Do you have MT?

yes i do. had to get into my account to check what i bought it at. 20.44

may pick up some more.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:57 am

Cro,

Priceline
Amazon
Riverbed
Google
Salesforce
Netflix

That list suggests little bit of rear view driving. These are the group of stocks that pretty well recently. From an earnings point of view all of them are well poised. However all of them are high multiple P/E products. Who knows(which of) those high multiples are justified or not or whether you can get off the train before it derails.

It is a risk. One strategy could be you can buy them as a group to match your risk capital (the portion you allocated for risky investments). Your risk is reduced by multiple stocks and you may be able to do well on some of them even if the others disappoint.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:31 pm

truthbetold wrote:Cro,

Priceline
Amazon
Riverbed
Google
Salesforce
Netflix

That list suggests little bit of rear view driving. These are the group of stocks that pretty well recently. From an earnings point of view all of them are well poised. However all of them are high multiple P/E products. Who knows(which of) those high multiples are justified or not or whether you can get off the train before it derails.

It is a risk. One strategy could be you can buy them as a group to match your risk capital (the portion you allocated for risky investments). Your risk is reduced by multiple stocks and you may be able to do well on some of them even if the others disappoint.

What you say is true, they are risky. But I cannot buy them as a group because that would require investing a lot of capital. I think the market will go down another 10% or so from here and at that time I want to gamble some money in stocks that can provide more than average return. Some of these have already fallen quite a lot from their recent highs so the PEs don't look as bad.
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:33 pm

Namboodari wrote:What is your opinion of Apple's stock?

I think AAPL is fairly to overpriced. My rating on it is Hold. The emerging markets may drive its revenue and bottomline for a while, but eventually it will suffer from what every big company suffers from - baggage of its legacy - and that is what will bring it down.
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down