Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

nebraska

3 posters

Go down

nebraska Empty nebraska

Post by bw Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:16 pm

watched this movie yesterday - a poignant tale. very good acting accompanied by some subtle humour made it very enjoyable.

bw

Back to top Go down

nebraska Empty Re: nebraska

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:21 pm

great movie, austere cinematography, and wonderful performances all around especially the old codger.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:46 pm

Thanks. Really good..

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:47 pm

i was recently chatting with an american friend of mine about this movie and was curious to know how realistic the characters were - he told me that some of his wife's extended family who live in montana, wisconsin etc. are just like the ones in the movie.

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:00 pm

there are always difficult to like old people like that. not sure if it's particular to montanans or wiconsinians. i'm sure we all know that assholey, drunk old mAmA or athimbEr who didn't do the right thing by his family but whose kids still care for him in his dotage. the younger son character was also very well acted; easy to empathize with.   

what really got me in the gut was how bleak the landscape is in the plains states and how it mirrors some of the hopeless lives portrayed in the movie. i have seen a bit of montana, it's majestic. but the movie didn't focus on that but the bleakness of the plains states.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:22 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:there are always difficult to like old people like that. not sure if it's particular to montanans or wiconsinians. i'm sure we all know that assholey, drunk old mAmA or athimbEr who didn't do the right thing by his family but whose kids still care for him in his dotage. the younger son character was also very well acted; easy to empathize with.   

what really got me in the gut was how bleak the landscape is in the plains states and how it mirrors some of the hopeless lives portrayed in the movie. i have seen a bit of montana, it's majestic. but the movie didn't focus on that but the bleakness of the plains states.

not the old man but the other characters - i found those two fat cousins extremely funny- also the aunt and the uncle and their interaction. my favourite character of the movie was the wife.

oh, i can't get enough of the yellowstone national park, been there several times.(guess it is mostly in wyoming).

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:27 pm

bw wrote:

oh, i can't get enough of the yellowstone national park, been there several times.(guess it is mostly in wyoming).

i love yellowstone too. you should get up to glacier national park some day. it's stunning. i adore the natural beauty of the US. it's endlessly fascinating to me.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:53 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
bw wrote:

i love yellowstone too. you should get up to glacier national park some day. it's stunning. i adore the natural beauty of the US. it's endlessly fascinating to me.

is there on the list. did the olympic national park and mount rainier last time. US national parks and their physical beauty is simply breathtaking. grand teton is another favourite - we did a 20km hike there a couple of years ago and it is the best hike i have done in my life in terms of sheer beauty. of course, had to be on the alert for bears!

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down