Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ramachandra Guha: Hindu communalism is the greater threat in India

Go down

Ramachandra Guha: Hindu communalism is the greater threat in India Empty Ramachandra Guha: Hindu communalism is the greater threat in India

Post by Guest Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:01 pm

Vikas: Hi Mr Guha. I am a big fan of yours. But I certainly fail to know why your published articles only bash 'Hindu' extremism when such extremism is not even peanut when compared to Islamic terrorism. Are you afraid of Islamists to speak the truth or such articles of yours do not get published in 'secular' newspapers?

Ramachandra Guha: I have attacked Islamic fundamentalists and even Christian bigots (among them those who currently run my old college St. Stephen's) several times in print. But as a Hindu myself living in a Hindu-majority country, I do feel that Hindu communalism is the greater threat in India, just as Islamic communalism is the greater threat in Pakistan or Saudi Arabia.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/freedom-chat-hindu-communalism-is-greater-threat-/46512-3.html

Back to top Go down