Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New President

4 posters

Go down

A New President Empty A New President

Post by Hellsangel Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:41 pm

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/09/world/asia/sri-lanka-election-president-mahinda-rajapaksa.html
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

A New President Empty Re: A New President

Post by nevada Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:41 pm

I hope Mahinda and his brothers get investigated for war crimes against innocent Tamils.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:43 pm

nevada wrote:I hope Mahinda and his brothers get investigated for war crimes against innocent Tamils.

i haven't been following the news. is the new guy more or less sympathetic to tamil concerns?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:51 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
nevada wrote:I hope Mahinda and his brothers get investigated for war crimes against innocent Tamils.

i haven't been following the news. is the new guy more or less sympathetic to tamil concerns?

He doesn't appear to be, but I hope he does it for political gain at-least. Mahinda and his thugs acted dictatorially and need to be brought to justice.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:09 pm

The new president elect Sirisena had said during the campaign that he would not devolve power to Tamil Provinces and he would not reduce military presence in Tamil provinces and he would not agree to international war crimes investigation.

He would not have won if he said anything less. That is Sri Lanka.

In 1987 the then Sri Lanakan President Jayawaardene said, as Tamils were massacred in the hundreds (may be 1000s) by Sinhala thugs in Colombo, "I will get more votes if some more Tamil children die". It is true. Search for it on google.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:16 pm

Correction. That statement was during the 1982 riots. Please search for Sri Lanka 1982 riots and read the heart wrenching atrocities. This is what lead to the rise of LTTE and mass exodus of Tamils to Canada and some Euro countries.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down