Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The contrasts!

+2
truthbetold
MaxEntropy_Man
6 posters

Go down

The contrasts! Empty The contrasts!

Post by Guest Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:25 am

A satire on Hinduism can reward you with 300 crores...but a satire on Islam can land you in your grave.

When someone draws naked pix of hindu gods and godesses, it is claimed as freedom of expression. When someone draws satirical cartoons of a prophet, the very champions of freedom of expression justify the execution of the cartoonists coz they were wrong in 'hurting someone's religious sentiments'. 

The hypocrisy of it all!

Back to top Go down

The contrasts! Empty Re: The contrasts!

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:32 am

Kinnera wrote:A satire on Hinduism can reward you with 300 crores...but a satire on Islam can land you in your grave.

When someone draws naked pix of hindu gods and godesses, it is claimed as freedom of expression. When someone draws satirical cartoons of a prophet, the very champions of freedom of expression justify the execution of the cartoonists coz they were wrong in 'hurting someone's religious sentiments'. 

The hypocrisy of it all!

who did that?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:43 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:A satire on Hinduism can reward you with 300 crores...but a satire on Islam can land you in your grave.

The hypocrisy of it all!

who did that?
When you blame the dead victims for what they did (even calling them and others of the magazine names derogatorily (read your comment where you mentioned 'hippie'), you are indirectly justifying their killings. That's so shameful!

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:48 am

Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

The hypocrisy of it all!

who did that?
When you blame the dead victims for what they did (even calling them and others of the magazine names derogatorily (read your comment where you mentioned 'hippie'), you are indirectly justifying their killings. That's so shameful!

hippie is not a derogatory term, last i checked. i never called the dead any derogatory names. don't make up stuff. the newspaper article gave a history of the rather straightforward and simple type of satire that charlie hebdo engaged in and how it stands apart from the more serious political satire of american comedians like jon stewart and stephen colbert. like someone else said, we are entitled to our own opinions, but not our own facts.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:00 pm

hi kinns

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:11 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

The hypocrisy of it all!

who did that?

hippie is not a derogatory term, last i checked. i never called the dead any derogatory names. don't make up stuff. the newspaper article gave a history of the rather straightforward and simple type of satire that charlie hebdo engaged in and how it stands apart from the more serious political satire of american comedians like jon stewart and stephen colbert. like someone else said, we are entitled to our own opinions, but not our own facts.
Hippie is not a derogatory term, but the way you said it, it does point to sarcasm. Check your posts. You were trying to blame the victims and charlie hebdo.

For all the ppl trying to criticize the victims and charlie hebdo, wait patiently for some time pls. This is not the right time to do so, when the whole world is shocked at the executions. It would be so insensitive to do it now. Not fair to the victims. Do so when everything calms down.
 If you want to cease to be champions of free speech and expression, use the same standards for all the religions. Don't be hypocrites. Condemn hussain's paintings, PK, etc with the same fervor with which you do for charile hebdo, the danish cartoons, etc.

Last edited by Kinnera on Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:12 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:hi kinns
Hi! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:17 pm

Kinnera wrote:
Hippie is not a derogatory term, but the way you said it, it does point to sarcasm. Check your posts. You were trying to blame the victims and charlie hebdo.

For all the ppl trying to criticize the victims and charlie hebdo, wait patiently for some time pls. This is not the right time to do so, when the whole world is shocked at the executions. It would be so insensitive to do it now. Do so when everything calms down.
 If you want to cease to be champions of free speech and expression, use the same standards for all the religions. Don't be hypocrites. Condemn hussain's paintings, PK, etc with the same fervor with which you do for charile hebdo, the danish cartoons, etc.

i don't need to check my posts. i know what i said, and it certainly was not said in a sarcastic mode or in a blame the victim mode. it's absurd to suggest that i did. i was trying to understand what these charlie hebdo folks were actually about since i had never heard of them prior to the shootings. that newspaper article referred to the longstanding French tradition of making fun of authority dating back several centuries. earlier targets included the catholic church and Charles de gaulle. but the type of satire was seldom of any political nature and was rather simplistic. if anything, the article and my reposting of it was sympathetic that these guys are not even of the hard hitting acerbic type of satire that jon stewart and Colbert do on comedy central.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:22 pm

Kinnera wrote:
Hi! Smile

u on suchat vrit currently?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:24 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

For all the ppl trying to criticize the victims and charlie hebdo, wait patiently for some time pls. This is not the right time to do so, when the whole world is shocked at the executions. It would be so insensitive to do it now. Do so when everything calms down.

i don't need to check my posts. i know what i said, and it certainly was not said in a sarcastic mode or in a blame the victim mode. it's absurd to suggest that i did. i was trying to understand what these charlie hebdo folks were actually about since i had never heard of them prior to the shootings. that newspaper article referred to the longstanding French tradition of making fun of authority dating back several centuries. earlier targets included the catholic church and Charles de gaulle. but the type of satire was seldom of any political nature and was rather simplistic. if anything, the article and my reposting of it was sympathetic that these guys are not even of the hard hitting acerbic type of satire that jon stewart and Colbert do on comedy central.
If you didn't, then you don't have to feel uncomfortable or conscious abt what i said in my OP. You should know better. That doesn't apply to you then.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:25 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
Hi! Smile

Ya, on and off. Will go back to it again! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:36 pm

Kinnera wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
Hi! Smile

Ya, on and off. Will go back to it again! Smile

k... am working today and am on chat... come if you have time.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:42 pm

The hypocrisy of it all!
Kinnera

Those Indian origin pseudos who are predicting indian doom should note that PK is reported to have made 300 crores (600 crores according to another source) in backward intolerant chaddi hindu nation. 

What the pseudos do is equalize normal religious acrimony in India with terrorist actions of Islam. When you challenge them they will deny it.  Hinduism is not the same as islam.  Hindu fanatics are not the sane as islamic terrorists.  But such acceptance would deprive Indian pseudos of their illusionary  ignorant arrogance.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:23 pm

hi kinns
Hi! Smile

Ya, on and off. Will go back to it again! Smile

k... am working today and am on chat... come if you have time.
no no, busy today. sending the younger off to campus. yay! Smile

Ya@tbt. Now wait for the 'chaddi', 'modi', 'nri patriots', etc rhetoric to begin Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:28 pm

Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

If you didn't, then you don't have to feel uncomfortable or conscious abt what i said in my OP. You should know better. That doesn't apply to you then.

Kinny, you are being extremely dishonest. Let's do a quick recap.

This is what you wrote:...the very champions of freedom of expression justify the execution of the cartoonists...

Max asked you a simple question: who had justified the killings? And *you* specifically pointed to something he had posted, which turned out to be no justification by any stretch of imagination. So for you to now back out and pretend that Max was spontaneously discomfited by your OP just shows your lack of integrity. Shame on you.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:37 pm

The hypocrisy of it all!

Well said, Kinny. We should eliminate such hypocrisy. Let us shed this thin veneer of civilization and embrace our inner Togadia. Let us show those apostates that we Hindus are as tough as Muslims in defending our religion from insults. Sickulars should think a hundred times before they write a single word against our glorious religion. Je suis Owaisi! Death to MF Hussein! Death to Raju Hirani! A 100 lashes to Aamir Khan! Castrate all the love-jihadists!

Onward, brave Ramzaadon! Eat more goat. Kill those haramzaadon. NRI Patriots, send in your contributions. Every dollar you send buys us more goat! Jai Shri Ram! Bharat Mata ki Jai!
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:14 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:

The hypocrisy of it all!

Well said, Kinny. We should eliminate such hypocrisy. Let us shed this thin veneer of civilization and embrace our inner Togadia. Let us show those apostates that we Hindus are as tough as Muslims in defending our religion from insults. Sickulars should think a hundred times before they write a single word against our glorious religion. Je suis Owaisi! Death to MF Hussein! Death to Raju Hirani! A 100 lashes to Aamir Khan! Castrate all the love-jihadists!

Onward, brave Ramzaadon! Eat more goat. Kill those haramzaadon. NRI Patriots, send in your contributions. Every dollar you send buys us more goat! Jai Shri Ram! Bharat Mata ki Jai!

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by ashaNirasha Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:07 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

This is what you wrote:...the very champions of freedom of expression justify the execution of the cartoonists...

Max asked you a simple question: who had justified the killings? And *you* specifically pointed to something he had posted, which turned out to be no justification by any stretch of imagination. So for you to now back out and pretend that Max was spontaneously discomfited by your OP just shows your lack of integrity. Shame on you.
I always used to wonder how people get radicalized. Not so much these days after looking at this forum. The only consolation is that, this is made up of people with busy lives and families (hopefully) which prevents them from doing much else except post here. Imagine all this coming from hot blooded teens. I can see atleast one Chaddi version of Jihadi Jane, reciting some Advaita stuff while lobbing grenades at people, and then saying LOL and EOD.

Last edited by ashaNirasha on Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sp)

ashaNirasha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:12 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

Daru, I don't need to point out anything to him. Of course, my post made him uncomfortable. He has a conscience and he damn well knows what's in his mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:15 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:

The hypocrisy of it all!

Onward, brave Ramzaadon! Eat more goat. Kill those haramzaadon. NRI Patriots, send in your contributions. Every dollar you send buys us more goat! Jai Shri Ram! Bharat Mata ki Jpai!
I have been talking against the hypocrisy and double standards of pseudos like you, all along...from the time of hussain's paintings to pk. Go read my posts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:26 pm

ashaNirasha wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

I always used to wonder how people get radicalized. Not so much these days after looking at this forum. The only consolation is that, this is made up of people with busy lives and families (hopefully) which prevents them from doing much else except post here. Imagine all this coming from hot blooded teens. I can see atleast one Chaddi version of Jihadi Jane, reciting some Advaita stuff while lobbing grenades at people, and then saying LOL and EOD.
Mahatalli, i was all along talking against applying one standard to muslims and another to hindus by ppl such as merlot, max and all. I never justified the narrow mindedness of the muslims and encouraged hindus to become such. Grow some balls to say like it is about dangerous ideologies. Don't be wimpy appeasers. It's easy to criticize hindus because they don't retaliate much. I am glad they don't react much. That's actually good because they are pretty cool, mature and not overly sensitive like the muslims. But, even a little whimper from some of them is made out to be something huge while the despicable acts of the other are justified shamelessly. This is what i was talking about all along. Read my OP and understand what i've been saying.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:57 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

The contrasts! Empty by MaxEntropy_Man on Thu 8 Jan 2015 - 0:37
didn't realize these poor guys are some leftover relics from the flower child, hippie era:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/08/opinion/the-attack-on-charlie-hebdo-and-the-tradition-of-parisian-wit.html

https://such.forumotion.com/t29241p50-what-should-france-do#188282

You think this was in good tone?

Back to top Go down

Post by ashaNirasha Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:14 pm

It definitely isn't in a tone 'justifying the execution of the cartoonists', if you are talking about that one particular sentence. 

Honestly, when I looked at their picture, that's what crossed my mind, and a couple of them still had hairstyles from that period!

ashaNirasha

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:51 pm

Kinnera wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

The hypocrisy of it all!

Onward, brave Ramzaadon! Eat more goat. Kill those haramzaadon. NRI Patriots, send in your contributions. Every dollar you send buys us more goat! Jai Shri Ram! Bharat Mata ki Jpai!
I have been talking against the hypocrisy and double standards of pseudos like you, all along...from the time of hussain's paintings to pk. Go read my posts.

But Kinny, why are we arguing?? I'm agreeing wholeheartedly with you.

All those double standards and hypocrisies will disappear the moment we Hindus become as tough as Muslims (by eating more goat). Then those pseudos (aka sickular fukulars) won't dare criticize Hindus and Hinduism in the same way they are scared of saying anything bad about Islam or Muslims. Problem solved! Jai Shri Ram. Bharat Mata ki jai.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:53 pm

ashaNirasha wrote:

lol!
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:59 pm

ashaNirasha wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

Ask USA, UK, France, Russia, India, Germany, Vanada and their HQ in Saudi, Iraq, Iran, Somalia, Paki, Afghanistan.

You will get the answer how they get radicalized.

More than half the world bears the pain of their radicalization.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:11 pm

truthbetold wrote:

The hypocrisy of it all!
Kinnera

Those Indian origin pseudos who are predicting indian doom should note that PK is reported to have made 300 crores (600 crores according to another source) in backward intolerant chaddi hindu nation. 

What the pseudos do is equalize normal religious acrimony in India with terrorist actions of Islam. When you challenge them they will deny it.  Hinduism is not the same as islam.  Hindu fanatics are not the sane as islamic terrorists.  But such acceptance would deprive Indian pseudos of their illusionary  ignorant arrogance.

The few pseudo-iSlamis (that is more appropriate to call these anti-hindu fashionados) badger the usual timid hindus into submission making them feel guilty even when any terror act is against them. That is what happened to PK episode. As soon as there is any terrorism against hindus, these Pseudo-iSlamis will start blaming the hindus for "provoking" the peaceful into piecefuls. After a few posts/publications, the hindus even come to believe that. Anyone who dares to oppose will be branded radicalized Chaddis responsible for the terror act itself.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down