Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Predictions for 2015

4 posters

Go down

Predictions for 2015 Empty Predictions for 2015

Post by harharmahadev Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:14 am

I had posted these predictions at another site on 01/07/2015
--
Here are my predictions for 2015.

- S&P will fall to 1600 or lower. Most market participants will be taken by complete surprise, similar to the dramatic fall of oil prices in 2014.

- Euro will trade at parity or lower that USD

- INR will trade be tween Rs50-Rs60 to USD.

- Indian economy will grow despite a global slowdown. India will be one of the best performing asset class.

- Gold will rise and will end the year over 20% higher.

- Comodifies in general will end the year lower.

- Interest rates in the US will be range bound. Short term and long term rates will trend higher but won't have wild moves.

- US employment rate will rise. The economy will be resilient. The stock market fall will not have the same dramatic effect on employment as it did in 2007-08-09.

---

harharmahadev

http://www.desichatter.com

Back to top Go down

Predictions for 2015 Empty Re: Predictions for 2015

Post by harharmahadev Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:26 am

A few more predictions...

- There is going to be significant volatility this year.  There will be wild swings towards the mid of this year.  By wild, I mean double digit % points in stocks.

- Currency battles will continue to rage.  The Swiss have already initiated this by withdrawing a peg to the Euro. 

- Central Bankers will begin to withdraw their interventionalist policies.  They will allow the "free markets" to take control of market prices.  This transition is going to have a deflationary effect on the market.

harharmahadev

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:50 am

harharmahadev wrote:I had posted these predictions at another site on 01/07/2015
--
Here are my predictions for 2015.

- S&P will fall to 1600 or lower. Most market participants will be taken by complete surprise, similar to the dramatic fall of oil prices in 2014.

- Euro will trade at parity or lower that USD

- INR will trade be tween Rs50-Rs60 to USD.

- Indian economy will grow despite a global slowdown. India will be one of the best performing asset class.

- Gold will rise and will end the year over 20% higher.

- Comodifies in general will end the year lower.

- Interest rates in the US will be range bound. Short term and long term rates will trend higher but won't have wild moves.

- US employment rate will rise. The economy will be resilient. The stock market fall will not have the same dramatic effect on employment as it did in 2007-08-09.

---
a) At what point do you think the Market will start going down and what do you think will be trigger & other factors that influence volatility ? Most punters seem to think it will touch 2200-300 before it starts going down.

b) In Commodities are you also including Oil ?  Due you think Oil will end the year lower.

c) Since China influences commodities, are you assuming
    that China will continue its slowdown throughout 2015 ?

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by harharmahadev Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:21 am

a.  A number of factors could trigger a market collapse.  The energy sector capex reductions, drop in second or third quarter earning, fed hinting at reducing market intervention .. it could be a variety of reasons.  Most importantly, it is me posting my predictions which sets the events in motion.

b.  Oil has already taken a considerable hit.  It is possible for oil to go lower / significantly lower.  It is also possible for oil to go higher.  Economically speaking, geopolitics would play a key role.  But since I have to make a prediction, I'll say, Oil will end the year between $45 - $55.

c.  There will definitely be a slowdown in China.

harharmahadev

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:44 am

Clairvoyant of Wall Street!
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:11 am

harharmahadev wrote:a.  A number of factors could trigger a market collapse.  The energy sector capex reductions, drop in second or third quarter earning, fed hinting at reducing market intervention .. it could be a variety of reasons.  Most importantly, it is me posting my predictions which sets the events in motion.

b.  Oil has already taken a considerable hit.  It is possible for oil to go lower / significantly lower.  It is also possible for oil to go higher.  Economically speaking, geopolitics would play a key role.  But since I have to make a prediction, I'll say, Oil will end the year between $45 - $55.

c.  There will definitely be a slowdown in China.

awesome.

wft@c...you are becoming more circumspect and playing it safe

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down