Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sitting is bad for you: Dr. Sanjay Gupta

4 posters

Go down

Sitting is bad for you: Dr. Sanjay Gupta Empty Sitting is bad for you: Dr. Sanjay Gupta

Post by Seva Lamberdar Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:58 am

http://edition.cnn.com/videos/tv/2015/01/20/newday-gupta-sitting-is-bad-for-you.cnn
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Sitting is bad for you: Dr. Sanjay Gupta Empty Re: Sitting is bad for you: Dr. Sanjay Gupta

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:08 pm

Well, it is bad, especially, for the elderly. Standing position activates cardiovascular reflexes and releases some useful chemicals. One thing that Gupta didn't mention, but is highly important, is movement of muscles. Using as many muscles on the body (especially the limbs and digits) as possible leads to activation of the brain cells. That keeps the brain active. Movement of muscles also leads to breakdown of sugars and decreasing fat buildup. So, hata yoga can help the elderly live longer.

So, in India, the best approach is to re-discover what our ancestors did while wearing Chaddies - do yogaasanas regularly. Hope our extremely brilliant Sikular SuCh scholars are paying attention to old Indian discoveries. :-)

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Sitting is bad for you: Dr. Sanjay Gupta Empty Re: Sitting is bad for you: Dr. Sanjay Gupta

Post by pravalika nanda Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:24 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:http://edition.cnn.com/videos/tv/2015/01/20/newday-gupta-sitting-is-bad-for-you.cnn
that guy's a fucking bore. he belongs to that early generation of indian immigrants. some of them did everything they could to act, talk and live like americans. finally he got to marry a white woman, I think a blond. the same thing those those guys from the middle east - both muslims and jewish - aspire to: marry a blond.

I'm very indian though and I don't hide my indianness - it's hard to, i just look so indian. rarely do educated people mistake me for anything else. and also, indian women age really well and continue to look fresh and youthful because they have such excellent golden, glowing skin. I think indina women, especially south indian women tend to stay slim, and have fewer wrinkles and they'd easily come out in the top if one assessed women at age 50. indian women should be proud of their looks. no other group of women is better-looking or so effortlessly seductive.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:15 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:

I'm very indian though and I don't hide my indianness - it's hard to, i just look so indian. rarely do educated people mistake me for anything else. and also, indian women age really well and continue to look fresh and youthful because they have such excellent golden, glowing skin. I think indina women, especially south indian women tend to stay slim, and have fewer wrinkles and they'd easily come out in the top if one assessed women at age 50. indian women should be proud of their looks. no other group of women is better-looking or so effortlessly seductive.

I LMAOed

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:15 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:Well, it is bad, especially, for the elderly. Standing position activates cardiovascular reflexes and releases some useful chemicals. One thing that Gupta didn't mention, but is highly important, is movement of muscles. Using as many muscles on the body (especially the limbs and digits) as possible leads to activation of the brain cells. That keeps the brain active. Movement of muscles also leads to breakdown of sugars and decreasing fat buildup. So, hata yoga can help the elderly live longer.

So, in India, the best approach is to re-discover what our ancestors did while wearing Chaddies - do yogaasanas regularly. Hope our extremely brilliant Sikular SuCh scholars are paying attention to old Indian discoveries. :-)
Thanks for the input, Sandilya.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:16 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:
Seva Lamberdar wrote:http://edition.cnn.com/videos/tv/2015/01/20/newday-gupta-sitting-is-bad-for-you.cnn
that guy's a fucking bore. he belongs to that early generation of indian immigrants. some of them did everything they could to act, talk and live like americans. finally he got to marry a white woman, I think a blond. the same thing those those guys from the middle east - both muslims and jewish - aspire to: marry a blond.

Good for you .. being proud as an Indian.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down