Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modi has GUTS.......

+5
Hellsangel
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
southindian
truthbetold
Vakavaka Pakapaka
9 posters

Go down

Modi has GUTS....... Empty Modi has GUTS.......

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:56 am

Usually, no politician in India has the guts to question a Dalit. Decades of CON rule has created this fear psychosis. Corrupt Dalit leaders like ugly Maya have been taking advantage of this fear psychosis.

Sujatha Singh is a Dalit. Modi felt that she is not doing her job satisfactorily. So, he summarily dismissed her and brought in Subrahmaniam Jayashankar as the principal secretary in External Affairs ministry. 

In doing so, Modi has sent the signal that merit and efficiency are important in India.

If India were to compete with China, reservations and vote-bank politics must be discarded. Hopefully, the youth of India will support Modi in the important task of developing India into a prosperous country.

I am sure, our extremely brilliant Sikular SuCh scholars, DKheads, Laloo, Mulayam, Jagan, etc., disagree with this Chaddish thinking.

Garibi Hatao..... my foot.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Modi has GUTS....... Empty Re: Modi has GUTS.......

Post by truthbetold Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:03 am

Why is Dalit angle relevant here? Modi is not happy with her and he got rid of her. You are suggesting Dalit's are incompetent. Competency is not a cultural trait. People can overcome difficult backgrounds. Making a blanket statement like that reflects our prejudices.
If modi did this to send a signal to dalit's, then he is sending a wrong signal. He is also digging his own grave.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:54 pm

I stand by what I wrote. It wasn't a statement against Dalits. It was against Sikular politics that have been destroying India. Communist China ("dictatorship of proletariat") is following a merit based system and is moving ahead.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:23 pm

Reason galore...

Here are they

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Why-PM-Narendra-Modi-was-unhappy-with-former-foreign-secretary-Sujatha-Singh/articleshow/46059940.cms
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:59 pm

SI

Thanks for posting that new item.  This reconfirms why VP is wrong in evoking dalit in his reasoning. 

Earlier I thought Modi fired her for incompetency.  But all the listed items, inclusion of isreal in bricks, statement, voting against international forums, not following up on japan's discussions, and not inviting danish PM, are all policy decisions.  

Sujatha singh reports to Sushma swaraj.  She did not pull up or discipline sujatha after any of these actions. Sushma also did not support the firing by clearly indicating it was PM's decision.

This article clearly indicates Modi is annoyed at Brahmin Sushma's policies and her backstabbng his policies due to internal BJP politics.  Modi by firing the dalit sujata is showing his weakness at controlling his ministers from higher castes. 

I am not sure if Sujatha's incompetency has any role in this episode.  

VP is wrong. It is modi who is playing politics by firing a dalit (as dalits are weak in NDA politics) instead of managing his bramin colleague. shame on modi.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:03 pm

truthbetold wrote:Why is Dalit angle relevant here? Modi is not happy with her and he got rid of her. You are suggesting Dalit's are incompetent. Competency is not a cultural trait. People can overcome difficult backgrounds. Making a blanket statement like that reflects our prejudices.
If modi did this to send a signal to dalit's, then he is sending a wrong signal. He is also digging his own grave.

It was the UPA and COng(i) that was making a point on Dalitism constantly by filling positions with inefficient, lying, corrupt people making them model Dalits (Sujatha Singh and Khabragade, for ex).

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:26 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
truthbetold wrote:Why is Dalit angle relevant here? Modi is not happy with her and he got rid of her. You are suggesting Dalit's are incompetent. Competency is not a cultural trait. People can overcome difficult backgrounds. Making a blanket statement like that reflects our prejudices.

It was the UPA and COng(i) that was making a point on Dalitism constantly by filling positions with inefficient, lying, corrupt people making them model Dalits (Sujatha Singh and Khabragade, for ex).
Uppili,

What exactly does your post mean?  

Why are you bringing in the word dalit with SUjatha singh's name?  What is proof of her incompetence?  Just the fact that she is dalit? or just the fact that she is appointed by UPA?  Have you read the article posted by SI? What did you get out of it?  Why is SUshma not punished for all those things? Is it because she is from competent brahmin class? 

Modi has no guts if throws a dalit under the bus because he did not have balls to take on powerful brahmin class of BJP and RSS.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:56 pm

truthbetold wrote:

Uppili,

What exactly does your post mean?  

Why are you bringing in the word dalit with SUjatha singh's name?  What is proof of her incompetence?  Just the fact that she is dalit? or just the fact that she is appointed by UPA?  Have you read the article posted by SI? What did you get out of it?  Why is SUshma not punished for all those things? Is it because she is from competent brahmin class? 

Modi has no guts if throws a dalit under the bus because he did not have balls to take on powerful brahmin class of BJP and RSS.

Perhaps, you have nit been reading the news and articles on this episide carefully (or read all the posts on this topic here).

1. Manmohan singh himself wanted Jaishankar instead of Sujatha Singh. But, Sonia overruled him and "imposed" Sujatha Singh.
2. Sujatha Singh father was T. V. Rajeswar - former Intelligence Bureau Chief, who might be privy to everything (and everything) about the Gandhy family's affairs.
3. Rajeswar himself was close to Sonia Gandhi family - duh...why am I not suprised?
4. at the time of her appointment, Cong(i) high command made it a point to cite her dalit caste as a big factor. Previous women were pretty good and highly qualified and came up on their own.

Sujatha did goof up big time and that was why She was replaced by Jaishankar as Ambassador to US in the middle of Kobragade episode by MMS himself.

Finally, Jaishankar had only 2 days of service left and he has to be appointed IMMEDIATELY or else let this "universally" accepted skilled guy to retire and out of service (notice that not a single comment has been made against Jaishankar in any manner).

I do agree, this could have been handled in a better, softer manner. I would have asked her to step down from the post due to family reasons and the need to minimize her travels, and get her shifted to a "Foreign Policy Advisor" post within the PMO - giving it an appearance as a step up. But, then Modi is not SaamiYaar.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:08 pm

Uppili

your long answer has some information about her background but no information about her incompetency.  Your list of facts again prove my point your argument is she is incompetent because she is dalit.  Therefore modi has removed an incompetent person.  

As I said above, secretaries do not decide policies. Ministers do. Sushma is responsible. Modi has no guts to tackle her brahmin colleague, hence he made a dalit a scapegoat. 

Modi has no balls.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:15 pm

truthbetold wrote:Uppili

your long answer has some information about her background but no information about her incompetency.  Your list of facts again prove my point your argument is she is incompetent because she is dalit.  Therefore modi has removed an incompetent person.  

As I said above, secretaries do not decide policies. Ministers do. Sushma is responsible. Modi has no guts to tackle her brahmin colleague, hence he made a dalit a scapegoat. 

Modi has no balls.

You said it. Secretaries do not make policies but IMPLEMENT them efficiently and effectively. I cited a couple of instances pointing out to her inefficiencies and if you dont think they are relevant, then dig up the news items which listed her "incompetencies" over the last 5 years and decide.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:55 pm

Uppili saru vadu,

This is what you wrote:

"1. Manmohan singh himself wanted Jaishankar instead of Sujatha Singh. But, Sonia overruled him and "imposed" Sujatha Singh."

That is old story. If sujata was incompetent, why did modi not replace her with all other secretaries that were changed at the time of new govt?  Why suddenly on Jan 27? does not make sense. That shows incompetence on modi's hands.

"2. Sujatha Singh father was T. V. Rajeswar - former Intelligence Bureau Chief, who might be privy to everything (and everything) about the Gandhy family's affairs. 
3. Rajeswar himself was close to Sonia Gandhi family - duh...why am I not suprised?
4. at the time of her appointment, Cong(i) high command made it a point to cite her dalit caste as a big factor. Previous women were pretty good and highly qualified and came up on their own."

None of the three are in any way relevant to the facts related to her competency.

"Sujatha did goof up big time and that was why She was replaced by Jaishankar as Ambassador to US in the middle of Kobragade episode by MMS himself. "

Again this information was available to modi at the begining of his govt and it is not remark in a file but very well publicized event .  Only an incompetent PM would bring it up fire her after 9 months into his govt. 

Even though I credited you with giving some facts, none of them stand up to serious scrutiny.  

Your only criteria was dalit and upa appointed. 

Again Modi has no guts. 

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:09 pm

truthbetold wrote:Uppili saru vadu,

This is what you wrote:

"1. Manmohan singh himself wanted Jaishankar instead of Sujatha Singh. But, Sonia overruled him and "imposed" Sujatha Singh."

That is old story. If sujata was incompetent, why did modi not replace her with all other secretaries that were changed at the time of new govt?  Why suddenly on Jan 27? does not make sense. That shows incompetence on modi's hands.

"2. Sujatha Singh father was T. V. Rajeswar - former Intelligence Bureau Chief, who might be privy to everything (and everything) about the Gandhy family's affairs. 
4. at the time of her appointment, Cong(i) high command made it a point to cite her dalit caste as a big factor. Previous women were pretty good and highly qualified and came up on their own."

None of the three are in any way relevant to the facts related to her competency.

"Sujatha did goof up big time and that was why She was replaced by Jaishankar as Ambassador to US in the middle of Kobragade episode by MMS himself. "

Again this information was available to modi at the begining of his govt and it is not remark in a file but very well publicized event .  Only an incompetent PM would bring it up fire her after 9 months into his govt. 

Even though I credited you with giving some facts, none of them stand up to serious scrutiny.  

Again Modi has no guts. 
Modi actually gave Sujatha time. He asked her on three occasions and offered different options. She decided not to accept what was offered. 

Know your facts before blaming someone. Your approach had been unsuccessfully tried by CONartists. Both you and CONmen should learn to accept the changing reality.

I re-iterate - Corrupt Sikular leaders like Maya (she happened to be a Dalit) and Jagan (he is not a Dalit) will be put in their place as the youth see reality for what it is and decide to call a pig a pig.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:20 pm

VP

Modi gave sujata time? why? for what?  

The discussion is not about modi has the right to fire her or specific niceties about treating her?

The question was sujata's competence to do the job.  You have shown no examples of her incompetence. Neither did any one else.

You brought the dalit into discussion and implied all dalits are incompetent by railing against reservation.  AGain when challenged you did not provide any backing for your arguments but invoked conartists or some shit. Is that supposed to scare me or others from offering our opinion or challenging you for introducing dalit/reservation into the discussion.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:05 pm

truthbetold wrote:Uppili saru vadu,

Again Modi has no guts. 

I am sure you are aware ofthe near impossibility of firing an IAS officer - least of all one who is at the senior most level. They can be shuffled around as today's news about moving 6 secretaries. But, these do not happen at the highest level unless one retires - that too in Foreign service. Besides, there has been one foreign visit after another either by Modi or foreign leader. She was given other options as she herself stated that she knew she was going to be replaced. The many visits only showed her missteps at several instances. Read about the goof ups in join statements in Washington and about the Japan visit. Of course, you think Sushma should be doing everything...guess what...fire all bureaucrats and let the ministers so all the work. The ministers are politicians and not professionals as in corporations.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:54 am

http://www.timesofindia.com/india/Jaishankar-was-Manmohans-first-choice-but-Sujata-was-appointed-by-Sonia/articleshow/46050458.cms wrote:It is learnt that Jaishankar was frontrunner to become foreign secretary in 2013, and was a personal choice of former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh. However, Manmohan could not have his way as Sonia Gandhi had the last word with Sujatha Singh's appointment.

Sujatha Singh's father was former IB chief T V Rajeshwar, an old Congress party loyalist.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:50 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:Usually, no politician in India has the guts to question a Dalit. Decades of CON rule has created this fear psychosis. Corrupt Dalit leaders like ugly Maya have been taking advantage of this fear psychosis.

Sujatha Singh is a Dalit. Modi felt that she is not doing her job satisfactorily. So, he summarily dismissed her and brought in Subrahmaniam Jayashankar as the principal secretary in External Affairs ministry. 

In doing so, Modi has sent the signal that merit and efficiency are important in India.

If India were to compete with China, reservations and vote-bank politics must be discarded. Hopefully, the youth of India will support Modi in the important task of developing India into a prosperous country.

I am sure, our extremely brilliant Sikular SuCh scholars, DKheads, Laloo, Mulayam, Jagan, etc., disagree with this Chaddish thinking.

Garibi Hatao..... my foot.
If anything, Subramaniam Jaishankar thus far has proved that he is a seasoned travel agent, sure he can get a diplomatic ticket to our dear PM even in the eleventh hour but can't do jack when it comes to dealing matters, pertaining to foreign relations.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:07 pm

After Indian Foreign Secretary S Jaishankar's unsuccessful foray to Kathmandu, such have been the levels of distrust that India has come up with three stern official statements criticising the developments in Nepal, but to no avail. Except for the Madhesi leaders, the Nepalese leadership across the political spectrum is united against what they perceive as Indian pressure.

Survival makes politicians develop notoriously short memories. India's quick response to the devastating earthquake in Nepal and the Rs. 400 crore spent on Operation Maitri for rescue, relief and rehabilitation clearly haven't bought India friendship.

Nor has Lord Shiva helped.
-> Yet another blunder by this administration. Can we conclude that this meritorious (per erudite suCHers) Jaishankar is not so bright.

http://www.catchnews.com/india-news/india-s-spectacular-policy-failure-in-nepal-1443031577.html

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:11 pm

Modi's propaganda machine, never far behind Goebbels', swung into action when Modi visited Nepal in August 2014, proclaiming that Modi had visited neighbouring Nepal within weeks of becoming PM whereas Dr. Manmohan Singh had failed in ten years to go to Nepal even once.

Modi has thus done our vital interests in Nepal irreversible damage, confirming everything the worst anti-Indian baiters in that country have maintained for years. We have vital security interests in Nepal. China is Nepal's neighbour on the other side of the Himalayas. In the course of the last few days, Modi has inflicted more harm to India's standing in Nepal vis-a-vis China than all our past mistakes put together. While Modi's India has insulted the sovereign, secular Republic of Nepal by merely "noting", not "welcoming" its new Constitution, while subtly snubbing Nepal's Constituent Assembly by calling it "a" Constitution, not "the" Constitution, and conveying - none too subtly - India's "concern" at continuing violence in the plains, China has upstaged us by declaring that "as a friendly neighbor, Chinese side notes with pleasure that Nepal's Constituent Assembly has endorsed the new Constitution." In one fell blow, the Chinese have ingratiated themselves with the Constitutionally-authorized establishment in Nepal, while India has self-certified itself as a regional bully. The mess Modi has made of our relations with Islamic Pakistan has now been replicated with Hindu (albeit secular) Nepal. Alienating the Nepalese, who are truly the 'pasban' of our northern borders, is the silliest self-goal we could score.
http://www.ndtv.com/opinion/after-pakistan-modi-isolates-another-neighbour-1223237

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:31 pm

Aaha! Mani Shankar Aiyer! Smile

I thought some smart unbiased reporter wrote something worth reading.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:07 pm

southindian wrote:Aaha! Mani Shankar Aiyer! Smile

I thought some smart unbiased reporter wrote something worth reading.

I saw this "peace" written by the Sonia Chamcha....what ELSE can we expect from him and Confused Dude ?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:12 pm

Did you Namotards make the journey to SAP Center to ogle at those 56 inches heave while belting out those slogans and clever one-liners? Did you scream and throw your wet panties at him and ask for his babies?
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:28 pm

Bharat mata ki - jai!
Bhagat Singh - Amar rahe! Amar rahe!

He gave us a report of the work he's done. I liked him n the enthusiasm people of Silicon Valley showed today. 

What's retarded in your opinion?

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:44 pm

seven wrote:Bharat mata ki - jai!
Bhagat Singh - Amar rahe! Amar rahe!

He gave us a report of the work he's done. I liked him n the enthusiasm people of Silicon Valley showed today. 

What's retarded in your opinion?

By definition, it is really hard to educate a retard on why (s)he's a retard.

Here's a live report "on the work he's done":

08:53(IST)
PM Modi hardsells government's achievements
"Isn't corruption gone or not?" "Yes," shouts the crowd.
"Won't it go for the poor?""Yes," they shout again.
And just like that the PM's done talking about JAM.
The Prime Minister is now talking about skill development. And then the Beti Bachao Andolan. And then the soil cards. The audience politely claps. He then spoke of urea and how the government had neem coated it. It can't be used anywhere else, he pointed out. It's not entirely a new concept though the Modi government has been pushing its cause harder (Read more here)
But that's good enough for the audience. Finally something they can clap enough.
If I talk about everything we've done it could take 2 hours, he said, adding he was just showing the audience a trailer of what was to come.

'Nuf said.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:54 pm

The translation script was hilarious to say the least. When he explained how he's getting rid of middlemen and what he did about LPG scam. He says something to the effect of is tarah Chala gaya na middleman. Chala gaya na corruption. As in this is how corruption can be made to go away. The tone tells you that. 

He didn't mean corruption is eradicated. Anyone who takes it that way must be a retard. PM doesn't think n didn't announce on stage corruption is gone.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:58 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Here's a live report "on the work he's done":

08:53(IST)
PM Modi hardsells government's achievements
"Isn't corruption gone or not?" "Yes," shouts the crowd.
"Won't it go for the poor?""Yes," they shout again.
And just like that the PM's done talking about JAM.
The Prime Minister is now talking about skill development. And then the Beti Bachao Andolan. And then the soil cards. The audience politely claps. He then spoke of urea and how the government had neem coated it. It can't be used anywhere else, he pointed out. It's not entirely a new concept though the Modi government has been pushing its cause harder (Read more here)
But that's good enough for the audience. Finally something they can clap enough.
If I talk about everything we've done it could take 2 hours, he said, adding he was just showing the audience a trailer of what was to come.  

'Nuf said.
Did he really say all that! What a buffoon!

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:02 am

Here say your honor. 

It's difficult to help you understand his speech. At least for me. 
Lost in translation.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:10 am

seven wrote:Here say your honor. 

It's difficult to help you understand his speech. At least for me. 
Lost in translation.
Modiji is full of exaggerations and hyperboles. He aint called 'feku' for nothing. He reminds me of that good old saying "Cheel udi tho bhains udi"

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:12 am

seven wrote:The translation script was hilarious to say the least. When he explained how he's getting rid of middlemen and what he did about LPG scam. He says something to the effect of is tarah Chala gaya na middleman. Chala gaya na corruption. As in this is how corruption can be made to go away. The tone tells you that. 

He didn't mean corruption is eradicated. Anyone who takes it that way must be a retard. PM doesn't think n didn't announce on stage corruption is gone.

Good grief. He's tomtomming using UID for DBT as "his" achievement now? As a politician, he is expected to take credit for everything under the sun. But the clueless audience which laps it all up - no excuse for them. Hence "namotard". QED.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:29 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
seven wrote:The translation script was hilarious to say the least. When he explained how he's getting rid of middlemen and what he did about LPG scam. He says something to the effect of is tarah Chala gaya na middleman. Chala gaya na corruption. As in this is how corruption can be made to go away. The tone tells you that. 

Good grief. He's tomtomming using UID for DBT as "his" achievement now? As a politician, he is expected to take credit for everything under the sun. But the clueless audience which laps it all up - no excuse for them. Hence "namotard". QED.

Yeah, it is time that CONmen neutralized Modi's nonsense with highly exciting and smart speech by ............ Pappu........!

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:30 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

Yeah, it is time that CONmen neutralized Modi's nonsense with highly exciting and smart speech by ............ Pappu........!

Unkil, every time your Supreme Leader God is ridiculed, you can't lessen your hurt in any way by dragging in some other equally ridiculous figure.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:46 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

Unkil, every time your Supreme Leader God is ridiculed, you can't lessen your hurt in any way by dragging in some other equally ridiculous figure.

Looks like all Indian morons became NRIs who attend Modi's speeches and extremely brilliant ones stay back in Bihar and applaud when Laloo and Nitish open their Sikular mouth..

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:07 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Looks like all Indian morons became NRIs who attend Modi's speeches and extremely brilliant ones stay back in Bihar and applaud when Laloo and Nitish open their Sikular mouth..

Well, there is now a record of NRIs chanting "Modi, Modi" and flocking in their tens of thousands to cheer NaMo. There is no such record of extremely brilliant people doing any such thing for the Bihari leaders you admire so much.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:43 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:

Well, there is now a record of NRIs chanting "Modi, Modi" and flocking in their tens of thousands to cheer NaMo. There is no such record of extremely brilliant people doing any such thing for the Bihari leaders you admire so much.

Laloo knows that his party will be defeated in the coming election. He is just cashing in on giving tickets to the suckers who are still hopeful. Apparently, assembly tickets in Bihar are going for at least one crore each. Laloo will have the last laugh in the night - he can sponsor candidates in elections to make money and get together with Rabri without the risk of having any more kids!

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:04 pm

Yes, Vakavaka, he does have guts, bulging as they are.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:11 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:

I listened to his speech n he carefully worded it to report success/progress n not take credit for things his govt didn't do. I can go back n listen to it again but I don't think you have an open mind about Modi. 

Who do you want to see as PM of India?

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:17 pm

goodcitizn wrote:Yes, Vakavaka, he does have guts, bulging as they are.
56-inch guts?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:40 pm

New Delhi’s approach to its neighbours has increasingly been marked by muscularity, evident in its recent attempts to browbeat Nepal into carrying out amendments to its Constitution. What South Asia needs is a friendly India, not a powerful big brother India has been involved in Nepal’s Constitution-making process since the beginning. So, it is unlikely that the passage of the Constitution would have come as a surprise
India’s failure to deliver on the Teesta water-sharing treaty has left trusted ally Bangladesh and its Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina uncertain. The land boundary agreement did help lift her spirits and Mr. Modi was seen as delivering on promises made, but unless the Teesta deal goes through, Ms. Hasina will never be able to convince her countrymen (and women) that India is a worthy friend.
Mindless chest-thumping over hitting rebels “deep inside Myanmar” has already cost India. Despite the subsequent damage control that has led to important state visits, Myanmar has refused to hand over the National Socialist Council of Nagalim–Khaplang (NSCN-K)’s leader, S.S. Khaplang, and three of his confidantes, who India wants to put on trial for attacks on its security forces. Myanmar peacemakers have actually held formal negotiations with Khaplang’s representatives on a national ceasefire agreement that the Thein Sein government is planning to sign with its ethnic rebel armies, ahead of the November parliament elections.
Both in Nepal and Myanmar, the Modi administration seems to have displayed a lack of sensitivity towards the aspirations of people of these smaller sovereign nations. Whether this is because the security establishment has started to overshadow the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), or because domestic considerations have started to shape the Indian response, is a matter of speculation. However, a muscular neighbourhood policy, especially with smaller neighbours, will not work for India. It will not only help drive them into the Chinese fold, but will also provide traction to Pakistan’s sustained campaign against ‘Indian domination’ in the region.
http://www.thehindu.com/opinion/lead/india-needs-no-monroe-doctrine/article7716226.ece?homepage=true

Looks like this administration is hellbent on helping China & Pakistan with its immature politics.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:54 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Looks like this administration is hellbent on helping China & Pakistan with its immature politics.

You and the UPA believe in achieve "success" by sucking up. That is what leads to small piddly countries taking advantage of India. By your logic China should be sucking up to India fearing India could go with US.

Remember every country needs the other. It can always live without but will be hard. Nepal could play the China and Paki card. But it might solve the problem short term, but it is not a long term solution. Not (at all) feasible. Why ? here..

Nepal has some 18 transit points with India. It has 2 road connections with China. two roads with a 2000 mile long connection to the Pacific ocean will never replace the 18 road connections with a 400 mile link to Bay of Bengal. The cost will be enormous and a poor country can at best SURVIVE for a few months.

So Nepal needs India much more and India needs Nepal ONLY for its cultural connection. I can go on with Chinese military (ir)relevance here but will stop.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:48 am

Has Narendra Modi's foreign policy bubble burst?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-34409361

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:29 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:Has Narendra Modi's foreign policy bubble burst?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-34409361

This is old news...filed 1 week ago.

Remember Rajiv Gandhi (your secular ex-PM) blocked 20 out of 22 transit points in the 80s for 15 months. If that did not break relations with India , this will not either.

In fact, India played the card very well and has long-term influence in Nepal - You will not understand this but will explain anyway.

The hill people - with chinese blood and whitER skin (30%) have discriminated the darker, Indian-origin Nepalis (40%) despite bigger contribution to the Nepali economy. If India does not stand behind the protesting Madhesis who else the 40% of the Nepali population depend on? They would have been CRUSHED by now had it not been for Indian support to them. So 40% of the Nepalis will be indebted to India and be forceful in Nepali givernment. This will serve as a warning to the Nepalis that Madhesis can always seek separation (2 of the provinces) from Nepal with Indian help unless Nepal plays ball with India.

So that is that. India has now a strong backing in Nepal through 40% of its population who will be at loggerhead with the Whiter Chinkuized Nepalis.

P.S. these views are the result of discussion with many many Nepalis of different age group on the situation.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:44 pm

....On Sunday, the Nepal government will table two bills to amend the 14-day-old Constitution to ensure proportional representation of marginalised communities in the state organs, and population-based delineation of electoral constituencies – key demands of the Madheshi political parties. Here in New Delhi, there is a sense that the actions of the political parties in Parliament could be the inflection point in the current crisis. Sushil Koirala’s omission in announcing his resignation is seen as a political move to ensure that his expected successor KP Oli of the Communist Party of Nepal-Unified Marxist-Leninist (UML) supports the amendments. “If Oli is assured that he will be the next PM, there is no reason why the amendments are not passed,” said a source, observing the unfolding Nepal developments. The votes of UML and its 175 members is crucial to pass the constitutional amendments with a two-third majority in the 601-member Nepali Parliament If the amendments are not passed, there is expected to be even more intensification in the protests in Nepal’s Terai belts. Speaking to Express, Nepal’s ambassador to India, Deep Kumar Upadhyay said he met Indian National Security Advisor Ajit Doval on Friday, and apprised him of developments. “The dialogue process of political leaders with the Madheshi parties have led to acceptance of nine out of 10 demands. The tenth — drawing up borders of provinces, will be done by a federal commission,” he said.

Such swift action would not have happened but for Indian so-called foolish policies.

Modi not only haws guts he is also smart. Read my previous post and this amendment will surely doubly strength India's hands.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:33 pm

Such swift action would not have happened but for Indian so-called foolish policies.  

Modi not only haws guts he is also smart. Read my previous post and this amendment will surely doubly strength India's hands.

This tells what real Modi is, a wingnut; If he isn't, when is he firing that moron Doval?

Wouldn’t Jaishankar have grasped the kernel that Nepal’s Constitution is a ‘prestige issue’ for Modi who visited that country twice and was personally monitoring its transformation as a ‘Hindu Rashtra’? Wouldn’t the Foreign Secretary have sensed by now (after having been on the job for nearly nine months) that the hardliners in the Indian establishment (and the Rightwing Hindu nationalists) regard the Madhesi popu-lation of Indian origin in Nepal as our pocket borough in that country, whose commanding strength in the parliament could enable New Delhi to micromanage that country’s policies for decades to come?

Of course, Jaishankar knew all that. But then, the Foreign Secretary knew more. He also knew something that most people who berate him today wouldn’t know, namely, that India’s Nepal policies are driven by India’s intelligence czar —National Security Advisor Ajit Doval — and are the stuff of Smiley’s people. Unsurprisingly, Jaishankar did the wisest thing on earth — stay miles away from what was going on between the PMO and the spy agencies.
and petty-mined too
On top of it all, Modi shouldn’t look a petulant statesman as well by his reported refusal to meet his Nepali counterpart in New York on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly session.
http://www.mainstreamweekly.net/article5972.html

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:45 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

This tells what real Modi is, a wingnut; If he isn't, when is he firing that moron Doval?

Wouldn’t Jaishankar have grasped the kernel that Nepal’s Constitution is a ‘prestige issue’ for Modi who visited that country twice and was personally monitoring its transformation as a ‘Hindu Rashtra’? Wouldn’t the Foreign Secretary have sensed by now (after having been on the job for nearly nine months) that the hardliners in the Indian establishment (and the Rightwing Hindu nationalists) regard the Madhesi popu-lation of Indian origin in Nepal as our pocket borough in that country, whose commanding strength in the parliament could enable New Delhi to micromanage that country’s policies for decades to come?

Of course, Jaishankar knew all that. But then, the Foreign Secretary knew more. He also knew something that most people who berate him today wouldn’t know, namely, that India’s Nepal policies are driven by India’s intelligence czar —National Security Advisor Ajit Doval — and are the stuff of Smiley’s people. Unsurprisingly, Jaishankar did the wisest thing on earth — stay miles away from what was going on between the PMO and the spy agencies.
and petty-mined too
On top of it all, Modi shouldn’t look a petulant statesman as well by his reported refusal to meet his Nepali counterpart in New York on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly session.
http://www.mainstreamweekly.net/article5972.html

My foot... in diplomacy symbolism is a power language. Enough about India sucking up to every country fearing they would stab us. So typical of Secular, islamo-scared, UPA type people. Keep paying/bribing the street thug so that he would keep us from harming.

How many people did Obama shook hands with at UN or meet? Same goes to Xi and Putin. If piddly country wants to shake India's PM's hand, then they should know how to take into account India's interests - even in domestic matters. That is called Big Brother diplomacy. Yes India is a Big Brother and anyone who wants the Big Brother's help should treat him like one.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:05 pm

My foot... in diplomacy symbolism is a power language. Enough about India sucking up to every country fearing they would stab us. So typical of Secular, islamo-scared, UPA type people. Keep paying/bribing the street thug so that he would keep us from harming.

How many people did Obama shook hands with at UN or meet? Same goes to Xi and Putin.  If piddly country wants to shake India's PM's hand, then they should know how to take into account India's interests - even in domestic matters. That is called Big Brother diplomacy. Yes India is a Big Brother and anyone who wants the Big Brother's help should treat him like one.
Let me explain in a language you understand better - Your Lord's actions in NY, represent of insecure and jealous queen Kaikeyi than the statesman Lor Rama.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:38 pm

Modi has GUTS....... 916qheI4knL._SL1500_
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:12 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

How many people did Obama shook hands with at UN or meet? Same goes to Xi and Putin.  If piddly country wants to shake India's PM's hand, then they should know how to take into account India's interests - even in domestic matters. That is called Big Brother diplomacy. Yes India is a Big Brother and anyone who wants the Big Brother's help should treat him like one.
Let me explain in a language you understand better - Your Lord's actions in NY, represent of insecure and jealous queen Kaikeyi than the statesman Lor Rama.

when the whole world and NYT, Pst, LA times, CEOs of top 25 companies praise Modi and his methods you are the only one (along with your idols - Pappu and Doggy) who is finding fault wit Modi; that despite the highest FDI into in 2014.

Looks like you are competing with KV for obscurantism.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:52 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

when the whole world and NYT, Pst, LA times, CEOs of top 25 companies praise Modi and his methods you are the only one (along with your idols - Pappu and Doggy) who is finding fault wit Modi; that despite the highest FDI into in 2014.

Looks like you are competing with KV for obscurantism.

Typical NRI inferiority complex, forever looking for validation and praise from white people.

Upps Aunty, the only place where it matters - i.e. in India, full of a billion brown people - nobody's praising Modi and his methods any more, other than namotards.

He may still win elections by default simply because the opposition is useless, but don't for a moment think the rockstar adulation he receives amongst overseas sons of cows is any reflection of political capital.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down