Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

another pistorius - martin's exciting story

Go down

another pistorius - martin's exciting story Empty another pistorius - martin's exciting story

Post by pravalika nanda Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:14 am

http://www.msn.com/en-us/video/news/man-was-trapped-in-his-own-body-for-12-years/vi-AA92oMk?ocid=UP97DHP

** martin developed an illness that first started off with a sore throat and flu-like symptoms, his illness went undiganosed and he was thought to be in a vegetative state for twelve long years. an amazing, courageous person.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

another pistorius - martin's exciting story Empty Re: another pistorius - martin's exciting story

Post by pravalika nanda Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:24 am

In his prologue, Pistorius writes that in the room where he was watching TV, the children were lying motionless on the floor or slumped in a seat.
A strap held him upright in his wheelchair. “My body, like theirs, is a prison I can’t escape. When I try to speak, I’m silent; when I will my arm to move, it stays still.”

He continues that there is one difference between him and those children: “My mind leaps and swoops, turns cartwheels, conjuring a lightning flash of glorious colour in a world of grey.

“But no one knows because I can’t tell them. They think I’m an empty shell, which is why I’ve been sitting here listening to Barney or The Lion King day in and day out for the past nine years, and just when I thought it couldn’t get worse, Teletubbies came along.”

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down