Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 billion people are expected to tune into India vs. Pakistan World Cup cricket match

5 posters

Go down

1 billion people are expected to tune into India vs. Pakistan World Cup cricket match Empty 1 billion people are expected to tune into India vs. Pakistan World Cup cricket match

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:44 am

It might be the biggest rivalry of all time: India vs. Pakistan. And this has nothing to do with politics; it’s all about cricket. The two rival nations are set to face off at the ICC World Cup in Adelaide, Australia, on Sunday and viewership is expected to approach 1 billion people. To put that in perspective, an estimated 114.4 million people tuned into Super Bowl XLIX on Feb. 2. To be fair, 114.4 million people accounts for just about 9 percent of India’s population.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2015/02/13/1-billion-people-are-expected-to-tune-into-india-vs-pakistan-world-cup-cricket-match/

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

1 billion people are expected to tune into India vs. Pakistan World Cup cricket match Empty Re: 1 billion people are expected to tune into India vs. Pakistan World Cup cricket match

Post by nevada Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:26 pm

I hope Dhobi&co keep alive the winning streak. The team sucks and is ill suited to these conditions so a win against the old enemy is all I expect from them.

nevada

Back to top Go down

1 billion people are expected to tune into India vs. Pakistan World Cup cricket match Empty Re: 1 billion people are expected to tune into India vs. Pakistan World Cup cricket match

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:03 pm

They have been announcing all along that WC matches will be available on Willow and looks like it changed in the last minute. Apparently, ESPN has the rights for the US and is available on Dish as pay-per-view only for $99.99, they offered me for $69.99.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:29 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:They have been announcing all along that WC matches will be available on Willow and looks like it changed in the last minute. Apparently, ESPN has the rights for the US and is available on Dish as pay-per-view only for $99.99, they offered me for $69.99.

They should link the rate with scores and India's win....like ad revenues are linked to viewers.

Right now I am willing to pay $0.99 for this India-Pak match.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:32 pm

My first thought is what happened to the rest of people? Are they angry at Dhoni or Srinivasan or somebody else?
Why are they not watching?

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:41 pm

Does the match start at 10:30 PM EST/ 7:30 PST?

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:57 pm

nevada wrote:Does the match start at 10:30 PM EST/ 7:30 PST?
Yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:08 pm

truthbetold wrote:My first thought is what happened to the rest of people? Are they angry at Dhoni or Srinivasan or somebody else?

yes, i am boycotting indian cricket until the porker srinivasan is completely out of the picture. it's not like i am rooting for the opposition. i am just not watching games in which the indian team is involved until the porker is not associated with the game at the national and international level.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:29 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
truthbetold wrote:My first thought is what happened to the rest of people? Are they angry at Dhoni or Srinivasan or somebody else?

yes, i am boycotting indian cricket until the porker srinivasan is completely out of the picture. it's not like i am rooting for the opposition. i am just not watching games in which the indian team is involved until the porker is not associated with the game at the national and international level.

perhaps, there is a chance if you had said..."boycotting cricket until it stopped snowing"

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:23 pm

So India is going to bat first. I feel that the Pakis are better prepared and hungrier to win this time.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:29 pm

It started!

1 billion people are expected to tune into India vs. Pakistan World Cup cricket match 10959360_10206130966492917_5119191986695608898_n

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:57 pm

Haha Bhogle is such a wide eyed fanboy all the time.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:01 pm

Dhawan STILL not out.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:27 pm

What a zzz match. India trying to pull a SA level choke job here. Rohit brainfarts and then Kohli nearly does the same. Pakis looking more charged up and determined at this time. India is too timid and nervous.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:31 pm

nevada wrote:What a zzz match. India trying to pull a SA level choke job here. Rohit brainfarts and then Kohli nearly does the same. Pakis looking more charged up and determined at this time. India is too timid and nervous.

i hope the indian team eats more goat curry during lunch break.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:42 am

Kholi 100 (hopefully MaxE will not watch the match...)

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down