Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prioya Pillai, Rediff, Indian express and greedom of speech

2 posters

Go down

Prioya Pillai, Rediff, Indian express and greedom of speech Empty Prioya Pillai, Rediff, Indian express and greedom of speech

Post by Kayalvizhi Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:00 am

Here is Rediff----- "The only category of persons who are prevented from criticising the policies of the government are public servants. No private citizen can be prevented from holding or propagating in India or abroad, a view contrary to that of the government of the day"

Indian Express also published criticism.

Where were these champions of freedom of speech when the freedom of speech of Tamil nationalists in Indian-occupied Tamil Nadu was violated routinely.

I was personally stopped from posting posters near Madurai railway station and central bus stop many times when I was a student.

Not only me. The editor and worker at the magazine Thenmozhi was harassed so many times. Copies of magazine taken away for examination. Small tea stalls and sundry stores that sold the magazine were threatened.

Poet Perunjsiththiranar was denied bail because he was writing a book on Thirukural and prosecutor thinks that it would contain anti-India thoughts. School headmasters who asked him to speak at the school were threatened with dismissal.

Where was Reddiff? Indian Express? and other champions of freedom of speech?

Last edited by Kayalvizhi on Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Prioya Pillai, Rediff, Indian express and greedom of speech Empty Re: Prioya Pillai, Rediff, Indian express and greedom of speech

Post by Hellsangel Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:03 am

Too much greedom in defending freedom, Trollus.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down