Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a horrible habit of mine

4 posters

Go down

a horrible habit of mine Empty a horrible habit of mine

Post by pravalika nanda Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:35 pm

whenever it snows outside, i feel like tasting it in my mouth and i also have an overwhelming desire to eat ice cream. i eat ice cream only in the winter.
so anyhow i got myself some mochi: strawberry/green tea/mango. i ate almost 6 mochi then i went out to my car (I've driving for the past three weeks) and i saw the pressure was low, so i was out in the cold checking my pressures and i don't think my tpg is that great, anyway i had to go get some air and was again in the cold for about ten minutes. i came back home and i was like, "it's impossible for me to get sick" and i continued to eat mochi. a dozen mochis and a claritin and three hours of sleep later i'm still super congested in my sinuses and have wasted all day. it was my day off!

how do you waste your off-days?

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

a horrible habit of mine Empty Re: a horrible habit of mine

Post by Guest Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:07 pm

I woke up around 9.30. Rolled in the bed until 10-10.30. Got an excuse not to work out today. Had a big bowl of lentil soup and sunrise instant coffee for bf. Watched Simi Garewal's Shekar kapur's interview on youtube. Read 'into the wild' for some time. Watched half of naram garam (I am on a movie watching marathon of watching all Hrishikesh Mukherjee's films. Going to watch all Bapu's movies next). Chatted with Vidya. Had lunch cum dinner 5.30-6. (3 boiled eggs, quinoa and black rice mix with yogurt and lemon pickle). Cooked a curry and dal for dinner for hubby (no, i didn't eat. I had my lunch/dinner before i cooked.) Watched the dances and posted them here. Now posting this while hubby is grumbling from the side. That was my lazy day.

gn!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:17 am

I don't really get off days, except weekends.

Wasted last evening watching a couple of episodes from kofee with karan season 4. Got my Bollywood fix.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:19 am

PS

I don't think I've had mochi before. Googled it to be Japanese rice cakes. Cool.

What is tpg?

Get well soon!

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:45 am

Tyre Pressure Gauge?
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:12 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:Tyre Pressure Gauge?

Ah ok. I just call it 'that thing'.

Had the same issue recently. Two tyres were flagged as low. Happens to me (I mean my car) in winter all the time. 2-3 years ago my car had got misaligned. So XH was like, fill them up every month, why do you wait for the warnings, it's sorta late by then anyway.

I have set up a reminder on my calendar, but I slip. Anyway, went to one gas station that day and luckily they had free air. I was paying 1-2 dollars at the one two blocks away for nothing (Couldn't go there that day as it was blocked by snow there).

Usually I fill up all four tyres. But it was bitter cold that day. Filled up the front tyre. But when I began filling up the back one, it wouldn't work. I could hear air hissing, but whenever I released the lever or the hook or whatever you call it, it would not show any pressure. Tried 2-3 times. Fingers began burning from cold by now (inspite of the gloves I had on). So I gave up and came home. Was a Friday. Asked XH to fill it for me over the weekend.

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:18 am

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

Ah ok. I just call it 'that thing'.

Had the same issue recently. Two tyres were flagged as low. Happens to me (I mean my car) in winter all the time. 2-3 years ago my car had got misaligned. So XH was like, fill them up every month, why do you wait for the warnings, it's sorta late by then anyway.

I have set up a reminder on my calendar, but I slip. Anyway, went to one gas station that day and luckily they had free air. I was paying 1-2 dollars at the one two blocks away for nothing (Couldn't go there that day as it was blocked by snow there).

Usually I fill up all four tyres. But it was bitter cold that day. Filled up the front tyre. But when I began filling up the back one, it wouldn't work. I could hear air hissing, but whenever I released the lever or the hook or whatever you call it, it would not show any pressure. Tried 2-3 times. Fingers began burning from cold by now (inspite of the gloves I had on). So I gave up and came home. Was a Friday. Asked XH to fill it for me over the weekend.

i was told that this is more common in the winter. but yes you're supposed to check every month, just do it the first saturday every month so you don't have to think about it. the tire pressures for the front and the back are different and the information label is inside your front door/driver's side. my first car! can't wait to get to know my car better. toodles.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:19 am

yes, but when was the last time you did it yourself?

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:22 am

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:PS

I don't think I've had mochi before. Googled it to be Japanese rice cakes. Cool.

** no, you know how these guys like to wrap all there food items in small glutinous sacs? they do the same with ice cream also. it's not a rice cake, it's ice cream in a starchy sac. not worth trying. I jut had it cuz the cold stone is too far away and I don't like haagen daz/dove etc. and they have some other fancy ones but I don't care for them.

What is tpg?

Get well soon!
** thanks, I'm doing super!

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:13 am

pravalika nanda wrote:

That was back in 2008.

In India, every petrol pump offers free air - it's usually some very elderly employee assigned to that station. He usually starts off on the co-passenger side and then the rear tyres and finally the driver-side tyre, so he pick up a tip, usually 5 or 10 bucks.

Pravu, you'll be happy to know that you also have the option of driving off without tipping. That fellow is not going to hurl abuses at you or spit on your face the next time you pull in.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:55 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:

That was back in 2008.

In India, every petrol pump offers free air - it's usually some very elderly employee assigned to that station. He usually starts off on the co-passenger side and then the rear tyres and finally the driver-side tyre, so he can pick up a tip, usually 5 or 10 bucks.

** why don't you learn to do it yourself, Merlot? That way you could save up that 10 bucks for something else, like a chai tea latte. if I can do it, you can too!

Pravu, you'll be happy to know that you also have the option of driving off without tipping. That fellow is not going to hurl abuses at you or spit on your face the next time you pull in.

** nope, the world has become a difficult place for the middle class (what would you know?): iphone cameras everywhere capturing just one side or one part of the story, guns, legal pot, illegal people, income inequality. the best thing to do is give them two bucks in normal weather and three when it is inclement. they're happy, they think you're a sweetie, the food just becomes more aromatic. win-win!

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:42 am

pravalika nanda wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:

That was back in 2008.

In India, every petrol pump offers free air - it's usually some very elderly employee assigned to that station. He usually starts off on the co-passenger side and then the rear tyres and finally the driver-side tyre, so he can pick up a tip, usually 5 or 10 bucks.

** why don't you learn to do it yourself, Merlot? That way you could save up that 10 bucks for something else, like a chai tea latte. if I can do it, you can too!

As I already mentioned, I used to fill my own tyres back in the US, so there's nothing to learn in that basic activity. Here if some poor man can earn 10 bucks doing me that service, I think he should be allowed that modest livelihood. I'm not going to get any richer saving those 10 bucks. For reference, a cup of tea from a roadside stall costs Rs 20.

Pravu wrote:the best thing to do is give them two bucks in normal weather and three when it is inclement. they're happy, they think you're a sweetie, the food just becomes more aromatic. win-win!
Ah..wisdom is dawning. Finally.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:09 am

pravalika nanda wrote:whenever it snows outside, i feel like tasting it in my mouth and i also have an overwhelming desire to eat ice cream. i eat ice cream only in the winter.
so anyhow i got myself some mochi: strawberry/green tea/mango. i ate almost 6 mochi then i went out to my car (I've driving for the past three weeks) and i saw the pressure was low, so i was out in the cold checking my pressures and i don't think my tpg is that great, anyway i had to go get some air and was again in the cold for about ten minutes. i came back home and i was like, "it's impossible for me to get sick" and i continued to eat mochi. a dozen mochis and a claritin and three hours of sleep later i'm still super congested in my sinuses and have wasted all day. it was my day off!

how do you waste your off-days?
I go around from one forum to another asking posters what they had for breakfast, lunch and dinner. And then when they start to sorta avoid my question, i start talking randomly about BN and CM. anyway, i not only love tasting snow, i do eat it as well.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by ashaNirasha Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:15 pm

Candy crush. Good thing it only lets me play for 10-15 mins at a time, because I can't do anything that needs focus for any length of time.

ashaNirasha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down