Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can Arab spring sustain?

4 posters

Go down

Can Arab spring sustain? Empty Can Arab spring sustain?

Post by indophile Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:53 pm

Interesting read by Farid Zakaria.

http://globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn.com/2011/09/12/a-decade-after-911-enduring-lessons-for-the-arab-world/?hpt=hp_t2

indophile

Back to top Go down

Can Arab spring sustain? Empty Re: Can Arab spring sustain?

Post by truthbetold Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:11 pm

"The Arab spring is a first step for those countries that it has touched, but it needs to be a springboard for 300 million Arabs to look deep within and address the fundamentals that their leaders have neglected for decades - education, women's rights, economic reforms, jobs and real freedom." Fareed Z.

Very well said.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:18 pm

I the same segment (aired last sunday), they showed an interview of him with Donald Rumsfeld. Boy! I was impressed by his guts. The questions he posed to Rumsfeld were brutal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:19 pm

indophile wrote:Interesting read by Farid Zakaria.

http://globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn.com/2011/09/12/a-decade-after-911-enduring-lessons-for-the-arab-world/?hpt=hp_t2

>>>> It is going to be a tall order to change the underlying stats that FZ refers to in this part of the world. It is going to be one repressive regime to the next, sadly.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:23 pm

indophile wrote:Interesting read by Farid Zakaria.

What's the point he is trying to make? Do we need to remind them yet again that perpetrators of 9/11 are highly educated.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:15 pm

I do not share the pessimism of some of you. Few years ago when I posted that arabs will find their own way of protest and throw the despotic regimes, some anti muslim thinkers among sulekha posters said Impossible. Well History has spoken. One set of despots bit the desert sands. Some of the new regines will fail but some will survive. Arab people's path to democracy is going to be different from europe and asia but they will find their way soon.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down