Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i am not marriage material

+3
Kris
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
bw
7 posters

Go down

i am not marriage material Empty i am not marriage material

Post by bw Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:48 pm

When Indhuja Pillai’s parents posted a “groom wanted” advert on a matrimonial site, they thought they would find a nice husband for their only daughter. Instead they found she had become a poster girl for thousands of young Indian women who yearn to rebel against arranged marriages and make their own lives.

She posted her own advertisement – which has since gone viral – in which she described herself as a “speccy dork” and tomboy searching for a beardy macho man who does not like children and is not close to his family.

Her advert was seen as a war cry on behalf of young Indian women, most of whom are still expected to marry a man their parents choose and be a housewife with no ambition of their own. Most are expected to live with their husband’s family, be dutiful to his mother and bear him sons.

It emerged amid the outcry over the comments of one of the men sentenced to death for the 2013 gang rape and murder of a Delhi student who said she was to blame for her own death.

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/india/11447501/Im-not-marriage-material-Bangalore-womans-rebellious-matrimonial-CV-goes-viral.html

bw

Back to top Go down

i am not marriage material Empty Re: i am not marriage material

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:56 pm

bw wrote:When Indhuja Pillai’s parents posted a “groom wanted” advert on a matrimonial site, they thought they would find a nice husband for their only daughter. Instead they found she had become a poster girl for thousands of young Indian women who yearn to rebel against arranged marriages and make their own lives.

She posted her own advertisement – which has since gone viral – in which she described herself as a “speccy dork” and tomboy searching for a beardy macho man who does not like children and is not close to his family.

Her advert was seen as a war cry on behalf of young Indian women, most of whom are still expected to marry a man their parents choose and be a housewife with no ambition of their own. Most are expected to live with their husband’s family, be dutiful to his mother and bear him sons.

It emerged amid the outcry over the comments of one of the men sentenced to death for the 2013 gang rape and murder of a Delhi student who said she was to blame for her own death.

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/india/11447501/Im-not-marriage-material-Bangalore-womans-rebellious-matrimonial-CV-goes-viral.html

What a load of "crap" Those who advertise on the net are likely to be middle class - low, or high. Young couple from these categories stopped living with their parents - automatically after marriage - long long ago. many of thse youngsters get loan and a flat and a car - if not more. In most cases both work and have own goals and ambition...

Oh wait... it came from a newspaper from a WHITE country. So, it MUST be true.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:02 am

bw wrote:When Indhuja Pillai’s parents posted a “groom wanted” advert on a matrimonial site, they thought they would find a nice husband for their only daughter. Instead they found she had become a poster girl for thousands of young Indian women who yearn to rebel against arranged marriages and make their own lives.

>>>>  More power to the women if they are asserting themselves in whom they want to tie the knot with (or not at all). However, this narrative seems to be a bit of a stretch. If she has a degree in engineering, she is presumably from an educated, middle class background. The expectations of no ambition and living with husband's family don't seem to add up for this demographic.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:14 am

-- "I am not marriage material"

I  have been saying this for years... but these women just keep running after me.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:57 pm

southindian wrote:-- "I am not marriage material"

I  have been saying this for years... but these women just keep running after me.
Smile

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:58 pm

oh good lord, the smiley. i thought the colon and the parantheses would show. i promise it won't happen again.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:26 pm

You are NOT marriage material. Those women are nurses from the asylum you keep running away from.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:17 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:

You are NOT marriage material. Those women are nurses from the asylum you keep running away from.

LOLOLOL! dementia patient here fancies himself a casanova! haha!
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down