Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ajju bhai's son still in critical condition

5 posters

Go down

Ajju bhai's son still in critical condition Empty Ajju bhai's son still in critical condition

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:21 pm

http://www.thehindu.com/news/states/andhra-pradesh/article2446666.ece

Sad! Sad. Hope he recovers soon. Feel bad for his 16 yr old nephew (sis's son) who died. There should be more regulations for 1000cc sports bikes in India. Kota Venkateshwar Rao's son also died driving his new sports bike a few months ago.

Back to top Go down

Ajju bhai's son still in critical condition Empty Re: Ajju bhai's son still in critical condition

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:25 am

Sad. Whenever I hear of anyone being put in a ventilator, and coincidentally have heard only of such cases in india, it simply means that's it's only a matter of time before they pass away.

Back to top Go down

Ajju bhai's son still in critical condition Empty Re: Ajju bhai's son still in critical condition

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:33 am

There's something abt Muslims and bikes in India, similar to blacks and their pimped up wheels in the US.

Seeing these morons drive recklessly, weaving through the traffic, putting not themselves but all road users at risk, I feel zero pity when I read such news. Cleansing of the gene pool, I say.

Kinny aunty, regulations apply only to those who follow rules. These fellows get their thrills in flouting those rules. So what's the point making new rules when the existing ones are not enforced?
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:45 am

They removed his one kidney. even if he lives, his cricket career is over... at this point though, hope he just lives. News of ANYONE's teen dying doing ANYTHING is still grossly sad. It was mostly a youth thing, hope he listened to his elders when they warned him.

bff in school was a fast rider, and I went with her to school for 2 years... even if they were smaller vehicles at lesser speeds, we would still reach school zipping through a fairly dangerous portion of the national highway every day; and all this even after I would be sitting in the back telling her to watch out.

A couple of times, teachers would see us speeding on the way to school, and not only call both of us to scold us, but later also have the principle mention the speeding in the school assembly (w/o mentioning our names of course)...

At that age, we don't listen though (I did and I hardly sped myself, but I still went with these people). BF was the same... have had a couple of near heart-attacks when riding on (350) bike with him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:53 am

Cousin brother was gifted a new TVS Apache in India - it's not a superbike but, it's still pretty fast for Blore roadugalu.

I got him knee pads and other biker gear from here so that he "looks cool" while the motivation is to ensure that he's safe...

Point is - you can't expect youngsters to not drive fast in India. And Superbikes have no place on Indian roads - not even highways. Only closed courses, maybe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:08 am

Richard Hed wrote:Cousin brother was gifted a new TVS Apache in India - it's not a superbike but, it's still pretty fast for Blore roadugalu.

I got him knee pads and other biker gear from here so that he "looks cool" while the motivation is to ensure that he's safe...

Point is - you can't expect youngsters to not drive fast in India. And Superbikes have no place on Indian roads - not even highways. Only closed courses, maybe.

At those speeds, knee pads and other biker gear won't help. Plus in that heat, being fully suited up will kill you from heat exhaustion.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:19 am

Hellsangel wrote:
Richard Hed wrote:Cousin brother was gifted a new TVS Apache in India - it's not a superbike but, it's still pretty fast for Blore roadugalu.

At those speeds, knee pads and other biker gear won't help. Plus in that heat, being fully suited up will kill you from heat exhaustion.

Speeds yes - not superbike speeds. He's hitting 120 kmph in short stretches tops.
Biker gear, pads etc won't hurt and only help. Dude, these jackets are ventilated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:43 am

i think the minimum age for driving a bike in india should be 65. adults who bike should buy a nano instead. i don't let my older even drive a car (though all his friends, i notice, drive). forget youths, adults drink and drive here. it's just not done.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:58 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:There's something abt Muslims and bikes in India, similar to blacks and their pimped up wheels in the US.

Seeing these morons drive recklessly, weaving through the traffic, putting not themselves but all road users at risk, I feel zero pity when I read such news. Cleansing of the gene pool, I say.

Kinny aunty, regulations apply only to those who follow rules. These fellows get their thrills in flouting those rules. So what's the point making new rules when the existing ones are not enforced?

What's with this stereotyping? All guys, irrespective of religion, want bikes. It's the macho thingie or the adrenal rush...whatever! The rich can afford the sports bikes, the 1000 and 1200 cc ones which can speed upto 300m/hr. Can't drive at that speed in the city roads with all the traffic. The beautifully laid out outer ring roads and highways are the only ones where they can get their adrenal rush. Bikes are not allowed on highways. but who cares for rules india? They want to get their bikes' worth and so they drive there and meet with their fate. The kiddo wanted to break his own record of 235km/hr. Very irresposible not to have worn even a helmet when going at those speeds.

Kota's (the actor) 38 yr old son also died in the same way a few months ago: new sports bike, driving on the highway at high speeds without any protective gear. So it has nothing to do with age either. Need not be a teenager to be stupid.

Ring roads and highways should have toll gates and only four wheelers allowed in. Speed limits shld be strictly enforced. that can only prevent some of this madness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:46 am

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Azharuddin-s-son-Ayazuddin-dies-five-days-after-bike-crash/Article1-746332.aspx
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:52 am

Ayyo! This is so sad! Can't imagine how hard it must be for his parents. He was a budding cricketer known to have inherited the temperment and skill of his father. Fate....can't say what's in store for everyone. Really sad! Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:13 am

two young deaths in a family.... so sad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:07 am

very sad indeed. being the parent of two teens, i can relate to azhar's sense of loss. seeing a life you have nurtured for 19 years, with care and love, being suddenly snuffed out is tough. his sister also lost her son. he has another son, asad.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:48 pm

kinnera wrote:http://www.thehindu.com/news/states/andhra-pradesh/article2446666.ece

Sad! Sad. Hope he recovers soon. Feel bad for his 16 yr old nephew (sis's son) who died. There should be more regulations for 1000cc sports bikes in India. Kota Venkateshwar Rao's son also died driving his new sports bike a few months ago.

Very sad indeed. None of the posters wants to blame Azzu bhai for buying such powerful, sport bike to teenager son.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:52 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:There's something abt Muslims and bikes in India, similar to blacks and their pimped up wheels in the US.

Hmm!! Did Uppili do parakaya pravesha [into Merlot] to post this Rolling Eyes

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:32 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
kinnera wrote:http://www.thehindu.com/news/states/andhra-pradesh/article2446666.ece

Very sad indeed. None of the posters wants to blame Azzu bhai for buying such powerful, sport bike to teenager son.

From what I heard, Azhar didn't want to buy the bike for his son as one of his friends' son got into an accident and went into coma after an accident on a sports bike. But the kid kept pestering and pleading with him and so he finally relented. Gave it as a gift for eid.

I feel sorry for the kid, though. Father married someone and lives elsewhere, mother married someone and lives elsewhere. Azhar probably provided material things to him to compensate for his absence.

My 19 yr old also wanted a bike and pestered us for months. I didn't give in. He got a 50cc scooter instead to roam around his campus. He can't go more than 45 m/hr and can't ride on highways on it. We got all the neccessary protective gear for him on the day we got his scooter: a white helmet (he wanted black, but I read somewhere that white helmets are better because of their visibility to others. Hence he had to settle with white), a reflective jacket with shoulder and elbow protectors, gloves with knuckle protectors, etc. I made him promise me that he's going to wear his helmet every single time he's on the scooter and his reflective jacket at dawn.

If i lived in hyd and had all the money to buy a sports bike, I still wouldn't buy it for my son. Can't even think abt it. Hyd traffic is horrible. No one follows the rules there. Buying that powerful, heavy machine for a teenager and allowing him to drive on those roads is sheer insanity. Hopefully, this will open the eyes of other parents in hyd whose kids own bikes and sports bikes. At least, they'll start insisting on them wearing helmets.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:02 am

Sad.
for once i concur with merlot except for muslims and bikes part.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down