Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

amitabh bachchan...

+9
Kris
seven
garam-kuta
swapna
truthbetold
garam_kuta
confuzzled dude
Merlot Daruwala
ashdoc
13 posters

Go down

amitabh bachchan... Empty amitabh bachchan...

Post by Guest Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:59 am

.. gets the award for being the best actor of bollywood and best personality lifelong.

shahrukh khan is a very close second. but he he has to age as gracefully as big b to prove he is number 1. i trust he will.

Back to top Go down

amitabh bachchan... Empty Re: amitabh bachchan...

Post by southindian Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:06 pm

tingu wrote:.. gets the award for being the best actor of bollywood and best personality lifelong.

shahrukh khan is a very close second. but he he has to age as gracefully as big b to prove he is number 1. i trust he will.
best actor of Bollywood... fine

MGR is the best in southindia...
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:18 pm

tingu wrote:.. gets the award for being the best actor of bollywood and best personality lifelong.

someone I know in the industry worked a lot with these guys (north superstars, south...) and he says amitabh is the biggest superstar douche on the planet in how he treats the ppl working on the sets. he says guys like anr, chiru, balakrishna etc in the south are the same more or less. also says rajnikanth is probably the best when it comes to treating ppl like human beings, regardless of who they are. I dont give a give a shit eitherway, but fwiw perspective from those that worked with them

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:43 pm

probably the last hindu superstar....

future will be dominated by khans courtesy dawood ibrahim and his gang's hold on bollywood .

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:55 pm

ashdoc wrote:probably the last hindu superstar....

future will be dominated by khans courtesy dawood ibrahim and his gang's hold on bollywood .

Hahaha..not to mention how the women they romance and bang are Hindu and three decades younger!

Doc, eat more goat. Displace those Khans.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:06 pm

why do people treat women like objects?

*thoughts to consider*

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:23 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:

someone I know in the industry worked a lot with these guys (north superstars, south...) and he says amitabh is the biggest superstar douche on the planet in how he treats the ppl working on the sets. he says guys like anr, chiru, balakrishna etc in the south are the same more or less. also says rajnikanth is probably the best when it comes to treating ppl like human beings, regardless of who they are. I dont give a give a shit eitherway, but fwiw perspective from those that worked with them
Hmm.. I thought Amitabh is a decent person. They say Jackie Shroff is a nice guy too. Coming to south, how about our superstar Krishna?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:35 pm

Indeed AB is known for condescending, patronizing attributes.

Totally in contrast, the three guys I really like are Rajni, Rahman and Sachin for their consistent humility even at the height of their superstar status.

It never ceases to amaze me how Amitabh bachchan, a garden variety actor at best, (forget the awards that he got for shouting and screaming or with dense make-up, crying to/about mom in movies- that anyone can do) hardly good looking, and could never represent an average indian with his height in the outlier category, could convince young men to identify themselves with him;the voice is the only redeemable feature which for any other actor, could have been lip-syncd in re-recordings. It's mostly his UPite origin for mass impact that did the trick.

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:40 pm

Gk
It is amazing how prejudice color one view of talent. AB is one of the greatest talents of Indian cinema if not the best. Your UP bit in the pretty much sums up your analytical capabilities.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:52 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:why do people treat women like objects?

*thoughts to consider*

partly because these women - usually northindian, like you - are conditioned by their families, to believe that their primary role in society is to cook, clean, bear and raise children, and be OBJECTS of beauty to the men who seemed own them, not to develop themselves in every way that pleases them.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:24 pm

swapna wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:why do people treat women like objects?

*thoughts to consider*

partly because these women - usually northindian, like you - are conditioned by their families, to believe that their primary role in society is to cook, clean, bear and raise children, and be OBJECTS of beauty to the men who seemed own them, not to develop themselves in every way that pleases them.
Thomas, you mean Chennai is not part of southindia?

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/141224/nation-crime/article/girl-says-she-was-raped-police
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by garam-kuta Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:43 pm

most of these north indian actors are drunkards,chain smokers, womanizers and general lowlifes and those hindi people think that all actors are like that only. Their pea sized brains cannot understand that southern actors are much more decent people and they make fun of south people for electing the actors as CM's because they expect our actors also to be immoral people.

garam-kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:54 pm

Veeu wrote:most of these north indian actors are drunkards,chain smokers, womanizers and  general lowlifes and those hindi people think that all actors are like that only. Their pea sized brains cannot understand that southern actors are much more decent people and they make fun of south people for electing the actors as CM's because they expect our actors also to be immoral people.

NT Ramarao, Balakrishna, Mohanbabu are all saints. Why stop at electing them your CMs. You should totally build a temple for them and worship them.

Oh wait. You already do.

Cool :thumbsup

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:31 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:

>>The AB thing is a surprise. I don't know much about the industry, but I used to read his blogs sometimes. He came across as balanced in those. Rajnikanth seems to be more into spiritual stuff which likely makes him more respectful of others. Overall I am not surprised that many of these guys are jackasses, with the hysterical fan adulation going to their heads.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:59 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:

Hearsay? Audio/Video clips should help

This would have been all over twitter, newsfeeds, if this had ANY traction.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:33 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

Hmm.. I thought Amitabh is a decent person. They say Jackie Shroff  is a nice guy too. Coming to south, how about our superstar Krishna?

of the old guard, krishna, shobanbabu, murali mohan etc are well liked...krishnam raju's supposed to be generous but can be tempermental, cranky etc and mohan babu is universally reviled

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:35 am

southindian wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

Hearsay? Audio/Video clips should help

This would have been all over twitter, newsfeeds, if this had ANY traction.

I'm in the process of getting the audio/video clips certified by a lawyer and will post them as soon as that's done

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:43 am

garam_kuta wrote:Indeed AB is known for condescending, patronizing attributes.

Totally in contrast, the three guys I really like are Rajni, Rahman and Sachin for their consistent humility even at the height of their superstar status.

It never ceases to amaze me how Amitabh bachchan, a garden variety actor at best, (forget the awards that he got for shouting and screaming or with dense make-up, crying to/about mom in movies- that anyone can do) hardly good looking, and could never represent an average indian with his height in the outlier category, could convince young men to identify themselves with him;the voice is the only redeemable feature which for any other actor, could have been lip-syncd in re-recordings.  It's mostly his UPite origin for mass impact that did the trick.

I have heard the opposite about ARR. just saying...

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:45 pm

As far as I can tell, posters on this forum are just consumers of movies. None of us are involved in creating the product. So whether AB is an asshole or rajani is a saint does not make my movie experience any different. 
It is fun to hear about their behavior on sets or in other aspects of life. Why confuse that information with an actors ability to do his primary job I.e. Acting?
Rajani has a limited range of roles where he can do justice. Rest of the time he is just an overacting ugly actor.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by garam-kuta Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:02 pm

seven wrote:
Veeu wrote:most of these north indian actors are drunkards,chain smokers, womanizers and  general lowlifes and those hindi people think that all actors are like that only. Their pea sized brains cannot understand that southern actors are much more decent people and they make fun of south people for electing the actors as CM's because they expect our actors also to be immoral people.

NT Ramarao, Balakrishna, Mohanbabu are all saints. Why stop at electing them your CMs. You should totally build a temple for them and worship them.

Oh wait. You already do.

Cool :thumbsup

You are a north indian so your GK is limited to the name of Ranbeer Kappur's current gf. Otherwise you could have known that there is only one CM among the names that you mentioned and he is known for his disciplined life.
Also, there are no temples to any of them as far as I know.

garam-kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:23 pm

Proud to say that I've never watched an Amitabh film and never will.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:31 pm

Impedimenta wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:Indeed AB is known for condescending, patronizing attributes.

It never ceases to amaze me how Amitabh bachchan, a garden variety actor at best, (forget the awards that he got for shouting and screaming or with dense make-up, crying to/about mom in movies- that anyone can do) hardly good looking, and could never represent an average indian with his height in the outlier category, could convince young men to identify themselves with him;the voice is the only redeemable feature which for any other actor, could have been lip-syncd in re-recordings.  It's mostly his UPite origin for mass impact that did the trick.

I have heard the opposite about ARR. just saying...

yammAdi...embuttu nALAchu kOndhEyttEndu ethuvum kaettu..NallA keereengaLA ?

aside: summa thaLLaadheenga.. ungalukku andha raapichaikkaran recycle rAja than pidukkum..reference/citation please...or at least key words for google chuch Basketball

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2015 11:44 am

ooooooooooooooooooo. a troll. another handle of a regular. disappointed after wasting 30 mins reading veeu's past posts. this is a great forum for regulars who can troll. there are about 2 billion participants here from diverse countries and there is no way you can get caught.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down