Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

synthu in texas

2 posters

Go down

synthu in texas Empty synthu in texas

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:49 pm

http://www.npr.org/2015/03/16/393367997/deep-in-the-heart-of-texas-muslim-music-blossoms
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

synthu in texas Empty Re: synthu in texas

Post by rawemotions Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:22 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:http://www.npr.org/2015/03/16/393367997/deep-in-the-heart-of-texas-muslim-music-blossoms
Why don't these so called busybodies also make qawwalis criticizing the Muslim social behaviour and contradictions in Islam (I am sure there are ton of them). Let me see what kind of welcome they get. They can start with the completely discriminatory Muslim personal law for starters, Forcible imposition of the veil and so on..

Let me see if they do that ? Rapes in India are done by people of all religions. Why bring Hindu faith into this ? Synthesis my foot! These folks have an agenda.

Off course criticizing Hindu religion is the sure shot way to popularize the songs among Political Islamist Muslims. These folks are purveying their agenda, under the guise of music.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:30 pm

rawemotions wrote:

Off course criticizing Hindu religion is the sure shot way to popularize the songs among Political Islamist Muslims. These folks are purveying their agenda, under the guise of music.

really? do you think political islamist muslims might further their agenda by singing songs like "Raghupati Raghav Raja Ram" and "Vaishnava Jan To"?
http://www.riyaazqawwali.com/kashti/

a nice reinterpretation of a song that was close to the mahatma's heart.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:41 pm

koi bolE rAm rAm:

MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by rawemotions Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:01 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
rawemotions wrote:

really? do you think political islamist muslims might further their agenda by singing songs like "Raghupati Raghav Raja Ram" and "Vaishnava Jan To"?
http://www.riyaazqawwali.com/kashti/

a nice reinterpretation of a song that was close to the mahatma's heart. Do yu

Do you even read the stuff you post? You can try these juvenile diversionary tactics on somebody else. Giving an example of one song does not mean they do not do the stuff I am referring to. It is in the very article that you quote. 

A Bhajan about Rape, and questioning Hindu religious practices? A person who portray such a song as synthesis is guilty of supporting the very agenda these folks are trying to purvey.

Folks who purvey an agenda being called as synthesis folks, my foot! So please properly read the very article you posted, and kindly do answer my question reproduced below. 

Why don't these so called busybodies also make qawwalis criticizing the Muslim social behaviour and contradictions in Islam (I am sure there are a ton of them). Let me see what kind of welcome they get. They can start with the completely discriminatory Muslim personal law for starters, Forcible imposition of the veil and so on..

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:08 pm

rawemotions wrote:
Do you even read the stuff you post?
sure i do. do you?

rawemotions wrote:You can try these juvenile diversionary tactics on somebody else. Giving an example of one song does not mean they do not do the stuff I am referring to. It is in the very article that you quote. 

A Bhajan about Rape, and questioning Hindu religious practices? A person who portray such a song as synthesis is guilty of supporting the very agenda these folks are trying to purvey.

i know about the rape song. i heard about this group on an NPR program today. i had never heard about them before today. they weren't "questioning" hindu religious practices. the song was asking why a society that worships the mother goddess and deifies the female, also has a rape problem.

rawemotions wrote:Folks who purvey an agenda being called as synthesis folks, my foot! So please properly read the very article you posted, and kindly do answer my question reproduced below. 

Why don't these so called busybodies also make qawwalis criticizing the Muslim social behaviour and contradictions in Islam (I am sure there are a ton of them). Let me see what kind of welcome they get. They can start with the completely discriminatory Muslim personal law for starters, Forcible imposition of the veil and so on..

this is their first album. they are comprised of hindus, muslims, sikhs, and atheists. i just like their music.

the qawwali itself is an affront to hardcore islam which proscribes all form of music.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down