Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D/L Method

2 posters

Go down

D/L Method Empty D/L Method

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:09 am

Can someone explain?

SA scored 281/5 in a reduced 43 over match. Buy, it required NJ to score 299 in 43 overs...

What if NZ had scored 294 runs in 43 overs and "lost?" That would have been the biggest scandal?

I wished NJ had lost scoring 294 and that way someone would have taken a second look at this stupid D/L method.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

D/L Method Empty Re: D/L Method

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:28 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

Can someone explain?

SA scored 281/5 in a reduced 43 over match. Buy, it required NJ to score 299 in 43 overs...

What if NZ had scored 294 runs in 43 overs and "lost?"  That would have been the biggest scandal?

I wished NJ had lost scoring 294 and that way someone would have taken a second look at this stupid D/L method.
They're saying rain actually worked in favor of NZ, as SA looked like they were going to set a target upwards of 330 before the interruption. Nonetheless I think it's not fair to either team, especially in a match of this significance i.e. at this stage of the WC. Poor scheduling and poor planning by ICC.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down