Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Martin Crowe: Final could be the last match I watch

Go down

Martin Crowe: Final could be the last match I watch Empty Martin Crowe: Final could be the last match I watch

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:06 pm

My precarious life ahead may not afford me the luxury of many more games to watch and enjoy. So this is likely to be it. The last, maybe, and I can happily live with that. To see the two sons I never had, Ross Taylor and Marty Guptill, run out in black, in sync with their close comrades, drawing on all their resolve and resilience, will be mesmerically satisfying. I will hold back tears all day long. I will gasp for air on occasions. I will feel like a nervous parent.

I will, like so many Kiwis making the short trek across the Tasman, feel this, as McCullum has stated clearly, to be the greatest cricketing time of our lives. Four million dare to believe, while 11 (and back-up) dare to achieve. Whatever happens, March 29 at the MCG will be the most divine fun ever.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/856297.html

Martin, you're one of the modern greats and an absolute champion of a batsmen. Hope you will beat the odds and wil be around to watch a few more.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down