Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bwaaahhhaaaa

3 posters

Go down

bwaaahhhaaaa Empty bwaaahhhaaaa

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 am

every armchair investor I know (present company excluded due to lack of funds) piled on into silver (SLV) thinking it's gonna go to 80 as that louise yamada broad predicted. "they" promptly raised the margin requirements on buying SLV presumably to dampen excessive speculation and it dropped like a motherfucker all the way from 48 to 36. hahahhaaa...like they say, bulls make money, bears make money but pigs get slaughtered.

PS: what's with the nitwitty female reporters/anchors having mini orgasms over that royal couple visiting US? mass communication degreed slags.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

bwaaahhhaaaa Empty Re: bwaaahhhaaaa

Post by harharmahadev Thu May 05, 2011 10:40 am

The summer months are usually bad for precious metals. Plus the technical picture was extremely bad. Gold might drop to around $1450 or even $1400...if that happens, I'm going to be a buyer.

I think silver could be accumulated as well...BUT NOT FOR TRADING PURPOSES.

harharmahadev

http://www.desichatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu May 05, 2011 10:43 am

desis with women at home usually have some (in some cases LOT) of exposure to the real metal gold. why buy more?

also silver suffers from oversupply. I dont get why ppl are buying it. it's like buying pets.com stock coz amazon.com is trading at 400/share.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by harharmahadev Thu May 05, 2011 10:49 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:desis with women at home usually have some (in some cases LOT) of exposure to the real metal gold. why buy more?

also silver suffers from oversupply. I dont get why ppl are buying it. it's like buying pets.com stock coz amazon.com is trading at 400/share.

I disagree with that analogy. I think Gold/silver are a hedge against paper money. By gold/silver, I mean solid assayed bars of gold/silver...not jewelry. I get them at www.apmex.com. I don't have any affiliation to the site other than being a happy customer.

Consider this. If oversupply is your argument, then help me reconcile it with the massive oversupply of fiat currency, which can be done with a click of a button.

Precious metals offer 0% interest. However, when you look around and find every investment asset offering NEGATIVE REAL RETURNS, then 0% sounds pretty lucrative.

harharmahadev

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu May 05, 2011 11:05 am

I dont agree but also dont disagree strongly abt oversupply of fiat currency, QE1, QE2 and proposed QE3 (japan?), norwegian cruise lines etc etc. all am saying is, you dont all pile into an overbought commodity when there's plenty of supply without much controls on production

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by harharmahadev Thu May 05, 2011 11:35 am

I would also like to point out that Gold has been an extremely good indicator to the direction of the stock market.

The fall of gold/silver indicates liquidity is tightening...most likely, due to central bank tightening in China / India. This is NOT good for the stock market.

My suggestion would be to liquidate all risky / frothy stocks and get into cash.

harharmahadev

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu May 05, 2011 11:40 am

oh I think stocks are gonna drop this year, any moment now.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by harharmahadev Thu May 05, 2011 11:50 am

Gold prices have always dropped 10% or more before intermediate market tops and rose sharply before market bottoms.

Basically, I feel at this point, the risks are to the downside. Not worthy playing long. I'm OUT!

harharmahadev

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Fri May 06, 2011 1:01 am

yeah, when i saw 75K for silver here, my eyes popped out. obviously, a bubble was building up and it had to burst. 25% drop in about two weeks. does this mean JP morgan makes a killing? hadn't they short sold silver?

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri May 06, 2011 1:11 am

that's a fast drop..they say the fastest in 4 yrs. it's surprising how a little margin requirement increase in silver caused a lot of leveraged positions in other commodities notably oil to unwind so fast. this is starting to look awful lot like early 2008...

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Fri May 06, 2011 1:24 am

i gather all my stock market knowledge from news items and articles and it is easy to influence my opinion. what do i know? but if what i have read recently is true, we are in a bear phase that will take months to reverse.

uppili, i offer you a coconut and rupees 101 in daskhina, but tell me if the dreaded R and D is just around the corner.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum