Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

unbelievable

+7
Kris
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
seven
swapna
bw
MaxEntropy_Man
pravalika nanda
11 posters

Go down

unbelievable Empty unbelievable

Post by pravalika nanda Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:26 pm

can you believe that my dad has been calling me, yelling at me, trying to humiliate me by calling me irresponsible while I'm in the middle of work cuz I did not do my taxes? I already gave him the damn w2 form mid-march so he can give it to his accountant cuz that guy does my taxes. now my dad is telling me that every time I have had to pay extra taxes it's coming out of his pocket. he could have told me this last year when it happened. oh no, he decided to pay and be noble and quiet about it. now he's 65 yr old senior citizen, driving back from work in the night and yelling at me at the top of his lungs while driving some 80mph. he could've also told me in march to submit all these other ER visit bills, copays in the clinic and pharmacies and all that fucking junk but no he's telling me right now. he has been giving me angst about this for the last 48hrs and it is making me sick and queasy. I'm getting a headache and feel nauseous. I cannot handle this kind of thing. I did not elope with my ex-boyfriend, I did not become a housewife, I have a job and I work and I'm independent. He better show me some respect. I'm not putting up with this kind of rubbish.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

unbelievable Empty Re: unbelievable

Post by pravalika nanda Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:27 pm

I've just had it with everybody.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:55 pm

omg you have to yell at them through their 30s... i feel exhausted at 16.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:58 pm

nanda most of us who came here as FOB grad students can't relate to this, because we've been responsible for filing our own tax returns since the time we were penurious 21 year old graduate students eating ramen noodles for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:07 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:can you believe that my dad has been calling me, yelling at me, trying to humiliate me by calling me irresponsible while I'm in the middle of work cuz I did not do my taxes? I already gave him the damn w2 form mid-march so he can give it to his accountant cuz that guy does my taxes. now my dad is telling me that every time I have had to pay extra taxes it's coming out of his pocket. he could have told me this last year when it happened. oh no, he decided to pay and be noble and quiet about it. now he's 65 yr old senior citizen, driving back from work in the night and yelling at me at the top of his lungs while driving some 80mph. he could've also told me in march to submit all these other ER visit bills, copays in the clinic and pharmacies and all that fucking junk but no he's telling me right now. he has been giving me angst about this for the last 48hrs and it is making me sick and queasy. I'm getting a headache and feel nauseous. I cannot handle this kind of thing. I did not elope with my ex-boyfriend, I did not become a housewife, I have a job and I work and I'm independent. He better show me some respect. I'm not putting up with this kind of rubbish.

awww, you pooh thing! you don't deserve this.

*hug*

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:09 pm

nanda, make up a more exciting story. we deserve better.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:34 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:can you believe that my dad has been calling me, yelling at me, trying to humiliate me by calling me irresponsible while I'm in the middle of work cuz I did not do my taxes? I already gave him the damn w2 form mid-march so he can give it to his accountant cuz that guy does my taxes. now my dad is telling me that every time I have had to pay extra taxes it's coming out of his pocket. he could have told me this last year when it happened. oh no, he decided to pay and be noble and quiet about it. now he's 65 yr old senior citizen, driving back from work in the night and yelling at me at the top of his lungs while driving some 80mph. he could've also told me in march to submit all these other ER visit bills, copays in the clinic and pharmacies and all that fucking junk but no he's telling me right now. he has been giving me angst about this for the last 48hrs and it is making me sick and queasy. I'm getting a headache and feel nauseous. I cannot handle this kind of thing. I did not elope with my ex-boyfriend, I did not become a housewife, I have a job and I work and I'm independent. He better show me some respect. I'm not putting up with this kind of rubbish.
LOL PN - you're so childish Smile)

i find you very cute sometimes Smile))) 

this reminded me of my sister growing up...she'd be like ek toh mujhe subah jaldi utha diya (@ 8AM when school started at 9) oopar se brush karne keh rahe ho...translation - first of all you woke me up early and now you want me to brush my teeth! --- like its totally incomprehensible that someone would wake you up at 8 so you're not late for school 

it's for your own good your dad wants you to file taxes on time...do it this wknd Smile

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:40 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:nanda most of us who came here as FOB grad students can't relate to this, because we've been responsible for filing our own tax returns since the time we were penurious 21 year old graduate students eating ramen noodles for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Damn...you were a rich grad student.

P.S. Did you have Ramen noodles at your time ? I thot it became available more in the late 90s.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:26 am

>>>Reminds me I need to work on mine and i think this year my older guy may need to do his too for his part time income.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:31 am

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:omg you have to yell at them through their 30s... i feel exhausted at 16.
>>>My dad yelled at me last week as to why I don't call him. He had forgotten him I had spoken to him three days earlier. 

(Wait, I figured you would be a yellee yourself Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:40 am

Get married. Your dear hubby will do all your taxes without yelling.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:46 am

Kris wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:omg you have to yell at them through their 30s... i feel exhausted at 16.
>>>My dad yelled at me last week as to why I don't call him. He had forgotten him I had spoken to him three days earlier. 

lol.. yeah I know.

Sometimes they compliment me and I tell them they are wrong and I am not all that, so I get yelled at that too, on why I am not proud of my looks or intelligence (more importantly their genes lol).

a few years ago, dad and mom wanted to sit me down and tell me about their will... I would not listen saying I don't like these talks. Got bashed. So anyway, they printed a copy of their wills and gave me one and told me to send another to sis. I did that, but to this date I have not read a single word from it, nor do I plan to. Every time they remember this, they pile up on me.

but my real horrid moment came this last trip. I was telling my niece how I never went to any parties with my parents because I wanted less and less people to know that I am their kid and then later recognize me on the streets doing something not too flattering (we lived in a small city and the area we moved in was even smaller). I said a lot more words and other reasons to explain why I avoided parties, coz I was a loner, liked the house to myself, chat with friends (read boyfriends) when alone. Told my niece how many of my parent's social contacts didn't even know they had a third kid, as they always saw only the older two with them ... Mom heard that and went ballistic about how I was 'ashamed to be their kid and didn't want to be seen with them in public'. Tried explaining, but got flicks on the forehead, and taunts over next 2 days, and then childish stuff like - 'I am not sharing my blanket with you coz you don't like to be my daughter'. Had to flatter her extra to pacify lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:55 am

Kinnera wrote:Get married. Your dear hubby will do all your taxes without yelling.

to think of it, I have never done my taxes either. in grad school, used up those pro bono accountants that come to school to do your taxes for you. then it was xh. the one year he couldn't do mine, I used HR block. Now I ask him to do it as if it's my birthright. But I am proactive about handing him all the papers, tax ids and charity proofs beforehand.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:05 am

my older yells back at me the same way whenever I or XH tell her to be more responsible - 'you got a GOOD kid who doesn't drink or smoke or do drugs. I have not even had a boyfriend. So stop yelling at me just because I didn't put my plate back in the sink ... and if you think I yell at you, listen to how my friends talk back to their parents.' Rolling Eyes For the record, I don't yell at her for the plates in the sink, I just text her a pic of her plate lying here and there. her friends think I am too controlling. I disagree. Or for things that really matter to me I simply say, 'If you wanna fight about this, it's gonna be a war', so she retreats.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:09 am

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
Kinnera wrote:Get married. Your dear hubby will do all your taxes without yelling.

to think of it, I have never done my taxes either. in grad school, used up those pro bono accountants that come to school to do your taxes for you. then it was xh. the one year he couldn't do mine, I used HR block. Now I ask him to do it as if it's my birthright. But I am proactive about handing him all the papers, tax ids and charity proofs beforehand.
Yeah, what are husbands and ex-husbands for!  tongue

Back to top Go down

Post by ashaNirasha Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:11 am

I guess some realshionship dynamics persist into adulthood for a lot of people. I met this 90 year old dad with his 60 year old daughter, and couldn't believe how controlling he was of her, not in a bad way, but still. She was very deferential and affectionate, but could not get in a word edgewise. He totally talked me down too, of course.

I fall into the incredibly irresponsible category, financially, in a lot of ways, so tax time is a reminder of all that. I usually go 'take all my money, leave me alone'.

ashaNirasha

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:11 am

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
Kris wrote:

lol.. yeah I know.

Sometimes they compliment me and I tell them they are wrong and I am not all that, so I get yelled at that too, on why I am not proud of my looks or intelligence (more importantly their genes lol).

a few years ago, dad and mom wanted to sit me down and tell me about their will... I would not listen saying I don't like these talks. Got bashed. So anyway, they printed a copy of their wills and gave me one and told me to send another to sis. I did that, but to this date I have not read a single word from it, nor do I plan to. Every time they remember this, they pile up on me.

but my real horrid moment came this last trip. I was telling my niece how I never went to any parties with my parents because I wanted less and less people to know that I am their kid and then later recognize me on the streets doing something not too flattering (we lived in a small city and the area we moved in was even smaller). I said a lot more words and other reasons to explain why I avoided parties, coz I was a loner, liked the house to myself, chat with friends (read boyfriends) when alone. Told my niece how many of my parent's social contacts didn't even know they had a third kid, as they always saw only the older two with them ... Mom heard that and went ballistic about how I was 'ashamed to be their kid and didn't want to be seen with them in public'. Tried explaining, but got flicks on the forehead, and taunts over next 2 days, and then childish stuff like - 'I am not sharing my blanket with you coz you don't like to be my daughter'. Had to flatter her extra to pacify lol.

what are "flicks on the forehead?" some kind of physical punishment?

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:19 am

ashaNirasha wrote:I guess some realshionship dynamics persist into adulthood for a lot of people. I met this 90 year old dad with his 60 year old daughter, and couldn't believe how controlling he was of her, not in a bad way, but still. She was very deferential and affectionate, but could not get in a word edgewise. He totally talked me down too, of course.

I fall into the incredibly irresponsible category, financially, in a lot of ways, so tax time is a reminder of all that. I usually go 'take all my money, leave me alone'.
from what part of india were the 90-year-old man and his daughter?

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:27 am

pravalika nanda wrote:can you believe that my dad has been calling me, yelling at me, trying to humiliate me by calling me irresponsible while I'm in the middle of work cuz I did not do my taxes? I already gave him the damn w2 form mid-march so he can give it to his accountant cuz that guy does my taxes. now my dad is telling me that every time I have had to pay extra taxes it's coming out of his pocket. he could have told me this last year when it happened. oh no, he decided to pay and be noble and quiet about it. now he's 65 yr old senior citizen, driving back from work in the night and yelling at me at the top of his lungs while driving some 80mph. he could've also told me in march to submit all these other ER visit bills, copays in the clinic and pharmacies and all that fucking junk but no he's telling me right now. he has been giving me angst about this for the last 48hrs and it is making me sick and queasy. I'm getting a headache and feel nauseous. I cannot handle this kind of thing. I did not elope with my ex-boyfriend, I did not become a housewife, I have a job and I work and I'm independent. He better snow me some respect. I'm not putting up with this kind of rubbish.

You wouldn't have to put up with that kind of rubbish if only you'd act your age and pay your own taxes. Daddy's just trying to remind his Lil girl that she's now an adult and should finally behave like one.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:29 am

Kinnera wrote:
Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

Yeah, what are husbands and ex-husbands for!  tongue

what are fake ex-husbands for? karmarkar seems like an awfully nice fella; basanthee ought to worship the ground he walks on.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:18 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:nanda most of us who came here as FOB grad students can't relate to this, because we've been responsible for filing our own tax returns since the time we were penurious 21 year old graduate students eating ramen noodles for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

P.S. Did you have Ramen noodles at your time ?  I thot it became available more in the late 90s.

outside of kansas they've been available for a long time.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:33 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

P.S. Did you have Ramen noodles at your time ?  I thot it became available more in the late 90s.

outside of kansas they've been available for a long time.
His Holiness must have gotten Ramen mixed up with Maggi which was available in India from 1982.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:03 pm

bw wrote:

*hug*

thank you for understanding me. kiss kiss.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:04 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:can you believe that my dad has been calling me, yelling at me, trying to humiliate me by calling me irresponsible while I'm in the middle of work cuz I did not do my taxes? I already gave him the damn w2 form mid-march so he can give it to his accountant cuz that guy does my taxes. now my dad is telling me that every time I have had to pay extra taxes it's coming out of his pocket. he could have told me this last year when it happened. oh no, he decided to pay and be noble and quiet about it. now he's 65 yr old senior citizen, driving back from work in the night and yelling at me at the top of his lungs while driving some 80mph. he could've also told me in march to submit all these other ER visit bills, copays in the clinic and pharmacies and all that fucking junk but no he's telling me right now. he has been giving me angst about this for the last 48hrs and it is making me sick and queasy. I'm getting a headache and feel nauseous. I cannot handle this kind of thing. I did not elope with my ex-boyfriend, I did not become a housewife, I have a job and I work and I'm independent. He better snow me some respect. I'm not putting up with this kind of rubbish.

You wouldn't have to put up with that kind of rubbish if only you'd act your age and pay your own taxes. Daddy's just trying to remind his Lil girl that she's now an adult and should finally behave like one.
loser.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:08 pm

Ms. Nanda - Calm down. Take control of your own life, and stop involving your dad to do your taxes. 

One day - your child will do the same to you. Advise them the same.

Best wishes,
TS.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:17 pm

exactly! whats with the bad temperament 8-|
grow up already independent person!

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:26 pm

Daddy's girl. How r U, dudette?

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:44 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:
bw wrote:

*hug*

thank you for understanding me. kiss kiss.

Congratulations...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down