Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

madam president!

+9
Propagandhi711
Maria S
confuzzled dude
Kris
swapna
FluteHolder
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Appalamma
MaxEntropy_Man
13 posters

Go down

madam president! Empty madam president!

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:12 pm

MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

madam president! Empty Re: madam president!

Post by Appalamma Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:52 pm

My reaction is ayyoo!! I don't like this woman.

Appalamma

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:16 pm

She is another Ted Kennedy, Dukkakis, Al Gore....but not the Bill.

will be close...but no cigar.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:07 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

She is another Ted Kennedy, Dukkakis, Al Gore....but not the Bill.

will be close...but no cigar.

she is absolutely going to win. she's a formidable candidate.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:21 pm

why not Elizabeth Warren?

She will be too difficult for wall street and lobbyists?

http://crooksandliars.com/2015/04/bill-maher-fails-persuade-elizabeth-warren

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:24 pm

SUloCHana wrote:My reaction is ayyoo!! I don't like this woman.

ennaDee SUlo, given that you're not eligible to vote in a u.s. presidential election, your reaction is not exactly relevant, illaya?

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:35 am

>>Looks like I won't be voting again.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:21 am

Kris wrote:
>>Looks like I won't be voting again.
You don't like the Bushes?!

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:29 am

Madam Hillary, love her or hate her- you can't ignore her! 

As a politician, in one word- she is qualified.

As a person, I like her fierce and fiesty persona..her ability to take any fight head on, but also willing to compromise, be flexible, persevere and above all forgive and move on.

As a woman - her life has been on public display/scrutiny...her personal ambitions, while wanting to stay with her husband (who is well, Bill is Bill) and somehow keeping the family together.  

She brings huge baggage..from what I see.. standing by her men with love and loyalty..in personal and professional  life..and without her, there is no way the names Bill and Barack would have President in front of them.  They owe her, big time:)   It's not going to be easy..and she will also have all the foes and enemies of esp. those two Presidents come after her..

But she is Hillary- she has been through it all and can face that and more! 
One thing is for sure- it's going to be entertaining!

Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:35 am

Maria S wrote:Madam Hillary, love her or hate her- you can't ignore her! 
She is as qualified as Sonia or Rahul (or Rajiv for that matter)
Maria S wrote:
As a person, I like her fierce and fiesty persona..her ability to take any fight head on, but also willing to compromise, be flexible, persevere and above all forgive and move on.
Are we sure about that? About forgiving, if she didn't have political aspirations she probably wouldn't have. Oh, wait! is that what you mean by willing to compromise!

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:19 am

As a woman - her life has been on public display/scrutiny...her personal ambitions, while wanting to stay with her husband (who is well, Bill is Bill) and somehow keeping the family together.  

She brings huge baggage..from what I see.. standing by her men with love and loyalty..in personal and professional  life..and without her, there is no way the names Bill and Barack would have President in front of them.  They owe her, big time:)   It's not going to be easy..and she will also have all the foes and enemies of esp. those two Presidents come after her..

I see that you've given up your indian teenager's english. is that because you don't write exclusively for uppusaamy gowNDer anymore?

btw, it's "feisty," not "fiesty"; moreover, "foes and enemies" is unnecessary and inane; one of those words is sufficient.

I hope that hillary wins; I think barry and billy will make sure that she does.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:36 am

i am iffy on her so far. she falls in more hardliner/extremist category, who has had a history of being short tempered. So far she has shown an honest, direct, but rough side of her personality. In other words, she lacks the 'smoothness' and a 'moderate' persona that one needs to be a leader of a country like this.  Maybe she will brush up in time to showcase that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:59 am

politician: yes...leader: maybe...honest: no...polarizing: absolutely..revolting: 100%.

the stench of desperate ambition of this woman hits you in the face like a baseball bat. I bet even billyboy cant stand her

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:45 am

aGREE 100%. she IS AND will BE the smartest of them all. She will beat them all in debates, rake up enough controversies to counter some of the affairs that will crop up in many other young aspirants' lives. She will make perfect sense and will have sympathy from many quarters.

But, she will also galvanize the opponents, electrify the elections, but in the end it will be someone else winning it all. When she could not beat a first term, unknown senator Obama she will find it extremely hard to beat someone like Jeb Bush or Marc Rubio.

She will not be good towards India and the high handedness will be there if she became Prez and the coddling with the crazies will be back - not to mention the preaching and pontification towards the non-white countries.

I am for Jeb Bush. Supporting a republican for the first time.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:37 am

aGREE 100%.  she IS AND will BE the smartest of them all. She will beat them all in debates, rake up enough controversies to counter some of the affairs that will crop up in many other young aspirants' lives.  She will make perfect sense and will have sympathy from many quarters.

But, she will also galvanize the opponents, electrify the elections, but in the end it will be someone else winning it all. When she could not beat a first term, unknown senator Obama she will find it extremely hard to beat someone like Jeb Bush or Marc Rubio.

She will not be good towards India

** so what? is India or are Indians being good to you? do indinas care that nris love them and their country or do they think you're crazy? anyhow, remember it is the country that deprived you of opportunities and that's how you ended up here.

** how Hillary will be towards india is totally the most irrelevant thing in this election. you don't live there. this is your home and your country and your people now. what will affect you is the kind of health insurance you have, whether your wife or daughter will be compensated as the men are  for the work they do, and if they will be allowed to make decisions about their bodies.

and the high handedness will be there if she became Prez and the coddling with the crazies will be back - not to mention the preaching and pontification towards the non-white countries.

** if you're looking to do a first, vote for this woman.

Last edited by pravalika nanda on Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Appalamma Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:45 am

swapna wrote:

I see that you've given up your indian teenager's english. is that because you don't write exclusively for uppusaamy gowNDer anymore?

btw, it's "feisty," not "fiesty"; moreover, "foes and enemies" is unnecessary and inane; one of those words is sufficient.

I hope that hillary wins; I think barry and billy will make sure that she does.

Well, Billy tried to make sure to destroy her campaign last time.

Appalamma

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:50 am

the republican party is the definition of crazies-coddling. so don't know what saamiyar is talking about.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:53 am

pravalika nanda wrote:

aGREE 100%.  she IS AND will BE the smartest of them all. She will beat them all in debates, rake up enough controversies to counter some of the affairs that will crop up in many other young aspirants' lives.  She will make perfect sense and will have sympathy from many quarters.

She will not be good towards India

** so what? is India or are Indians being good to you? do indinas care that nris love them and their country or do they think you're crazy? anyhow, remember it is the country that deprived you of opportunities and that's how you ended up here.

** how Hillary will be towards india is totally the most irrelevant thing in this election. you don't live there. this is your home and your country and your people now. what will affect you is the kind of health insurance you have, whether your wife or daughter will be compensated as the men are  for the work they do, and if they will be allowed to make decisions about their bodies.

and the high handedness will be there if she became Prez and the coddling with the crazies will be back - not to mention the preaching and pontification towards the non-white countries.

IN Amrikaa, every constituent votes based on what is good for their own interests. Jews vote whoever is good for Israel - in addition to them. So do Mexicans/hispanics.

BTW, India did not deprive me of anything. I did not want to come here but could not put up with the nag of my parents and grandparents. Then the events and environment changed my choice.

And, enough of this bullshyt...first time woman, first time, hispanic, first time muslim, etc... It was wrong to discriminate women bcz they were women and by the same token it is wrong to select women just bcz they are women.

Why O why ? Aren't women good enough to fight it out with men and win on their own w/o playing their anatomical difference? Would you vote for someone if the vote was asked for a first time muslim president? Same way only...Razz

Besides Jeb Bush is a much better candidate - a moderate republican from Florida. He is no palin or that Canadian Crazy Cruz.

Hey he also went to Yale - but unlike his older Dubya Jeb is smart.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:01 am

now that hillary is in, should be fun to listen to the daily rants from the GOP HQ also known as the EIB network. can't wait to hear what the pompous and ponderous chief priest of that network will have to say every day from now until Nov 2016.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:15 am

pravalika nanda wrote:

i am not looking to do a first anything. i am looking to vote for the most qualified candidate who is also likely to continue and build on the progress that has been made in rescuing the country from the dark abyss created by eight years of misguided mismanagement under the last republican administration. i am also looking for a candidate who won't make undoing the ACA her top priority.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:26 am

She will not be good towards India and the high handedness will be there if she became Prez and the coddling with the crazies will be back - not to mention the preaching and pontification towards the non-white countries.

I agree. Things must be fine with the country... so we need another Bush to destroy..
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:29 am

Who's the best from the "NO Team" aka Republicans.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:30 am

southindian wrote:Who's the best from the "NO Team" aka Republicans.

jeb bush is likely to do the least harm.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:53 pm

personally, i would (probably) not vote :-( cannot even pick the lesser of the two evils,
she scares me.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:49 pm

Impedimenta wrote:personally, i would (probably) not vote :-( cannot even pick the lesser of the two evils,
she scares me.
>>>Same here. I will listen to Jeb, but if this is going to be a case of the lesser of the evils, it is getting tiring.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:40 pm

i don't agree with not voting. IMO it's abdicating one's responsibilities as a citizen. yes sometimes it does feel like picking the lesser of the two evils and that's ok, because the bigger evil may turn out to be ruinous.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:56 pm

No Hillary for me. She's a paki apologist, among other things.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:37 am

madam president! Ypkya
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:06 am

What fucking kick in the groin by Sexist America,
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:56 pm

Now perhaps the libbies can enjoy Homeland Season 7. It features a Madam President. Not quite The West Wing, but still...
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:44 pm

Hellsangel wrote:Now perhaps the libbies can enjoy Homeland Season 7. It features a Madam President. Not quite The West Wing, but still...
Seems like a predictable story line. Wellington's mysterious girlfriend is probably a Russian agent pulling his strings.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:31 am

Or, maybe...
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:43 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:Now perhaps the libbies can enjoy Homeland Season 7. It features a Madam President. Not quite The West Wing, but still...
Seems like a predictable story line. Wellington's mysterious girlfriend is probably a Russian agent pulling his strings.
And of course voilá! Costa Ronin. Having Russian actors play Russian spies a la The Americans.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:00 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
And of course voilá! Costa Ronin. Having Russian actors play Russian spies a la The Americans.
The 1980s called and Oleg Burov is back. And he is Yevgeny Gromov.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down