Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

With NDA at the helm, old nightmares have come back to haunt Chhattisgarh's villages.

Go down

With NDA at the helm, old nightmares have come back to haunt Chhattisgarh's villages. Empty With NDA at the helm, old nightmares have come back to haunt Chhattisgarh's villages.

Post by confuzzled dude Tue May 19, 2015 9:25 am

"He is a lafanga, a liar,” said Kumar, growing livid as he recalled the promises he heard Modi make in a meeting in April 2014 in the run-up to the national elections.

“He said I am standing on one foot [power in the state], give me two feet [power in both the state and the centre], and see what all I do. But instead he’s caused me a loss of Rs 22,000.”
“There is halla in the area,” said Sant Ram. "Jab se aaya Modi, band ho gaya godi." Since Modi has come to power, the digging has stopped. While people are yet to coin a similar rhyming slogan for the PDS, they are convinced even their food rations have been slashed because of the change of government at the centre.
"
“When the government announced Jan Dhan Yojana, everybody thought they would get Rs one lakh in the account," recounted Kusum, who lives near Dumarbhona. "People stuffed themselves in jeeps to travel to Prem Nagar, spending the whole day lined up outside banks, thirsty and hungry. Later, when it became clear that the money would be released only after a person's death, everyone was very angry."

He [Modi] is killing us anyway," laughed Mani Ram Kujur, as the application forms for more insurance schemes rolled into the village.

Added Sant Ram, "If my path crossed with him, I would tell him, don't look in the distance, watch your feet, else you would trip and fall."
http://scroll.in/article/727633/one-year-of-modi-government-has-washed-away-a-decade-of-rural-indias-gains

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down