Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

lawsuits of the rich and shameless

4 posters

Go down

lawsuits of the rich and shameless Empty lawsuits of the rich and shameless

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:38 am

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/we-bailed-you-out-and-now-you-want-what/2015/06/05/95ba1be0-0a27-11e5-95fd-d580f1c5d44e_story.html?tid=hpModule_79c38dfc-8691-11e2-9d71-f0feafdd1394&hpid=z14
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

lawsuits of the rich and shameless Empty Re: lawsuits of the rich and shameless

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:43 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/we-bailed-you-out-and-now-you-want-what/2015/06/05/95ba1be0-0a27-11e5-95fd-d580f1c5d44e_story.html?tid=hpModule_79c38dfc-8691-11e2-9d71-f0feafdd1394&hpid=z14

Will someone nominate me for Nobel Prize for Economics for coining the term

"Wall Street Looters"?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:19 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/we-bailed-you-out-and-now-you-want-what/2015/06/05/95ba1be0-0a27-11e5-95fd-d580f1c5d44e_story.html?tid=hpModule_79c38dfc-8691-11e2-9d71-f0feafdd1394&hpid=z14

"Wall Street Looters"?

you are just jealous saamiyarae. Pallu irukkiravan pakoda thunrAn!

Freemarket economy is accepted and embraced globally. and 'greed' is inbuilt in it.  Even otherwise, human history, as we learnt it, is saturated only with glory of wars, with violence and conquest, for which the guiding force is only greed; it's innate to us all, in one form or the other.  please, no more 'holier than thou', saar

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:55 am

garam_kuta wrote:

"Wall Street Looters"?

Freemarket economy is accepted and embraced globally. and 'greed' is inbuilt in it.  Even otherwise, human history, as we learnt it, is saturated only with glory of wars, with violence and conquest, for which the guiding force is only greed; it's innate to us all, in one form or the other.  please, no more 'holier than thou', saar

since i made the original post, let me ask you this. do you think the idea of a free market economy includes one where a large company is lent taxpayer money during a financial crisis in the amount that is 1000% of its fair market value, and after it turns a corner and comes back to good financial health, turns around and sues the very government that bailed it out in the first place because the terms of its loan were not as favorable as some other companies received?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:32 pm

garam_kuta wrote:

"Wall Street Looters"?

Just like Freedom of speech, Greed is good until it crosses the limit into the other peoples' basic needs. One can own a sword or a gun and can even swing and shoot, but not hurt others.

Can I sue my bank for not giving me the lower Mortgage rate that one of my friends got (irrespective of his loan size and years)?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:35 pm

garam_kuta wrote:

"Wall Street Looters"?

??? *Scratching my head* I don't get it.

If you get into trouble, about to lose your house and savings. I give you money to bail out from troubles and you do get back on feet.

Will you then sue me saying I didn't give you enough?!

What will you think about yourself if you behaved this way?
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:33 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:

"Wall Street Looters"?

since i made the original post, let me ask you this. do you think the idea of a free market economy includes one where a large company is lent taxpayer money during a financial crisis in the amount that is 1000% of its fair market value, and after it turns a corner and comes back to good financial health, turns around and sues the very government that bailed it out in the first place because the terms of its loan were not as favorable as some other companies received?

I cannot make any judgement; I was talking about greed and that nowadays it's innate to all, in modern existence- not just the rulers who make the decisions.
" We have not evolved to have the self control to have the abundance" In case you haven't already, please give it a listen  
http://thekojonnamdishow.org/audio/#/shows/2015-05-21/misbehaving/88513/@30:15

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:50 pm

garam_kuta wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:

"Wall Street Looters"?

I cannot make any judgement; I was talking about greed and that nowadays it's innate to all, in modern existence- not just the rulers who make the decisions.
" We have not evolved to have the self control to have the abundance" In case you haven't already, please give it a listen  
http://thekojonnamdishow.org/audio/#/shows/2015-05-21/misbehaving/88513/@30:15

Now you are digressing towards "Philosophy" Greed, Greed for all and we have not evoleved etc...

This one plain and simple strictly talking in terms of business and legal (forget the ethics): They were drowning and Tax payers bailed them out. Now they are coming back and sueing us for not helping "ethicallY' by giving them a bad deal.

Who asked them to sign on the dotted line? case closed. And Govt should take revenge against these guys driving them down to bankruptcy and legal violations.

Do a Barara on them.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down