Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shocking! Police brutality in your...

4 posters

Go down

Shocking! Police brutality in your... Empty Shocking! Police brutality in your...

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:03 am

..backyard. Not in some third world country ten thousand miles, but right here, in your midst, outside your office window!

Peaceful protesters -80 of them - arrested for simply exercising their democratic right to protest. Two girls - maced for simply questioning the arrests.

And yet, not a peep about it here, in this bastion of moral outrage. Not one candle lit in solidarity. Faith in humanity is intact. What is with that? Gora victims of police brutality not worthy of any indignation? Police action against peaceful protesters is ok (and doesn't lead to loss of faith in humanity) if it takes place in the most democratic nation on earth? What?
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Shocking! Police brutality in your... Empty Re: Shocking! Police brutality in your...

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:18 am

those 4 girls can now reap the benefits of the 12 day protest

by sueing the NYC for a few millions - and join the wall - street looters this time around...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Shocking! Police brutality in your... Empty Re: Shocking! Police brutality in your...

Post by Guest Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:50 am

I see protesters every day 3-4 blocks from my office, on the way to PATH (not union square of course)... and lots of cops.. or maybe it was so just last 1-2 weeks. Our building entrace that side was closed, and only id'd people could co in.

Every day would be new posters. One day I even heard a lot of noises, and on Tuesday, I saw a lot of cameras focusing on one man, might be some celebrity.

All seem peaceful. this is a first.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:13 pm

one attempt at channelling rashmun detected.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:31 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:..backyard. Not in some third world country ten thousand miles, but right here, in your midst, outside your office window!

Peaceful protesters -80 of them - arrested for simply exercising their democratic right to protest. Two girls - maced for simply questioning the arrests.

And yet, not a peep about it here, in this bastion of moral outrage. Not one candle lit in solidarity. Faith in humanity is intact. What is with that? Gora victims of police brutality not worthy of any indignation? Police action against peaceful protesters is ok (and doesn't lead to loss of faith in humanity) if it takes place in the most democratic nation on earth? What?
This is an excellent opportunity to compare and contrast the reactions of the governments in the two cases. In one, the desi protestors were lathi-charged at midnight while their protest was in a separate maidan where public meetings and protests routinely occur. The lathi-charge was violent enough to result in injuries that required hospitalization. Your reaction: laughing at the victims.

In another case, gora protestors were allowed to carry out their protest without any lathi-charge over many days. The worst thing the police did? Pepper spray. Your reaction: comparing it to a lathi-charge where police assaulted a sleeping crowd of peaceful protestors!

Even as an attempt to channel Rashmun, I must say this is weak.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:28 am

charvaka wrote:This is an excellent opportunity to compare and contrast the reactions of the governments in the two cases...Your reaction: laughing at the victims.

1) Not that it matters to you, but let me repeat (for the 14th time): my bwahaha that evoked so much outrage in you was at the cross-dressing baba you so adore. For his gullible followers, I only had contempt - their stupidity is nothing to laugh at.

2) Instead of focusing on superficial differences in the nature of violence perpetrated on peaceful protesters, how about a word or two condemning Obama and his cabal for the undemocratic actions of the NYPD? How abt calling the Supreme Court to take haha... suo motu cognizance of this gross violation of executive power by Obama?? What's sauce for the third world goose should be sauce for the first world gander. Let's see atleast a semblance of symmetry and balance from those taking the high moral ground.

charvaka wrote:The worst thing the police did? Pepper spray. Your reaction: comparing it to a lathi-charge where police assaulted a sleeping crowd of peaceful protestors!

Oh pish-posh. Pepper spray:first world::lathi charge:third world. But sticking to point, it's your reaction - namely the moral outrage and indignation - or more precisely, the absence of it, that is truly puzzling. How abt some honest answers instead of your usual red herrings and dissembly?

charvaka wrote:Even as an attempt to channel Rashmun, I must say this is weak.

Again, the obsession with an absent Rashmun. Tsk, tsk.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:43 pm

Merlot, that's a lot of bluster but the two stories are notable for their contrasts, not similarities. If and when a peaceful crowd protesting alleged corruption by the Obama administration is beaten up by police at midnight, please do feel free to talk about symmetry and balance then. Until then, go easy on the bombast.

PS: Rashmun is not absent. He posted on the same day I mentioned him in my post.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:23 am

All this verbiage about my bluster and bombast but not one word of condemnation - leave alone any of the signature moral outrage - on the police action and widespread arrests of peaceful protesters? Double standards much.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down