Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wiki schooling war over pichai

Go down

wiki schooling war over pichai Empty wiki schooling war over pichai

Post by Guest Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:38 pm

http://thenextweb.com/shareables/2015/08/12/pichai-is-from-chennai-everyone-chill/

The typical life cycle of any breaking news about a public figure goes like this: the internet flips out, discusses it on Twitter or Facebook, the news shoots up to the top of Reddit or Hacker News and a portion of the Web goes on Wikipedia to update the developing story.
Such was the case when it was announced that Sundar Pichai would be taking the role of Google CEO. But it wasn’t his job change that got Wikipedians in an editing frenzy – it was his alma mater.
As the seventh largest country in the world, India’s got quite the hometown pride for Pichai. When Alphabet news broke, the community rejoiced by updating Pichai’s Wikipedia page with a slew of various background information, from where he grew up to where he went to school. It appears everyone wanted to claim their pride and joy and, well, get some free PR.

Back to top Go down

wiki schooling war over pichai Empty Re: wiki schooling war over pichai

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:28 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:http://thenextweb.com/shareables/2015/08/12/pichai-is-from-chennai-everyone-chill/

The typical life cycle of any breaking news about a public figure goes like this: the internet flips out, discusses it on Twitter or Facebook, the news shoots up to the top of Reddit or Hacker News and a portion of the Web goes on Wikipedia to update the developing story.
Such was the case when it was announced that Sundar Pichai would be taking the role of Google CEO. But it wasn’t his job change that got Wikipedians in an editing frenzy – it was his alma mater.
As the seventh largest country in the world, India’s got quite the hometown pride for Pichai. When Alphabet news broke, the community rejoiced by updating Pichai’s Wikipedia page with a slew of various background information, from where he grew up to where he went to school. It appears everyone wanted to claim their pride and joy and, well, get some free PR.

I was reading one of the twitter comments by a Madrasi: who was so sure that Pichai MUST have received his BTech from IIT-Madras bcz IIT-KGP was formed only in 2003.

And, I thought....no wonder 85% of Indian engineering graduates are too dumb to be employable.

In the mean time, his Vanavani School (where he did XI and XII standards) could not trace any record of him while his previous Jawahar vidyalaya something could trace only his TC but not other records...

So much for meticulous record keeping - and that too at educational institutions.

Reminds me of a funny episode at a place where I worked...I was told they had no record of me while everyone at my division and some even at the HR remembered me very well. one guy even proudly said he still kept my memos...(he always thought disaster was round the corner). So much for institutional record keeping.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down