Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

good thing we're not paying for this

4 posters

Go down

good thing we're not paying for this Empty good thing we're not paying for this

Post by pravalika nanda Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:04 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWXNcbxQ76w

I do wonder though why the british bothered to give us independence. if naturam had done away with MG prior to independence we would still be under colonial rule.

also, do indina pols have a drug habit? they're so old they probably don't. but i'm sure their kids do. one way to stop them from inherting their parents' posts. are you aware that good old congress has the most number of inherited posts?

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

good thing we're not paying for this Empty Re: good thing we're not paying for this

Post by pravalika nanda Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:09 am

independence day is also "Thank North Indians Day." no matter what people say the fact remains that North Indians contributed more in terms of men and suffered more during the Mughal invasions and british colonization.

if you're going to talk about kattabomman, i'd like to remind you his ancestors are from AP.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

good thing we're not paying for this Empty Re: good thing we're not paying for this

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:00 am

pravalika nanda wrote:independence day is also "Thank North Indians Day." no matter what people say the fact remains that North Indians contributed more in terms of men and suffered more during the Mughal invasions and british colonization.

if you're going to talk about kattabomman, i'd like to remind you his ancestors are from AP.

I would like to remind you that Telugu itself came from Tamil. And, before 1954 there was no AP.

And how are you sure he did not come from Telengana ?.....Razz

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:18 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:independence day is also "Thank North Indians Day." no matter what people say the fact remains that North Indians contributed more in terms of men and suffered more during the Mughal invasions and british colonization.

I would like to remind you that Telugu itself came from Tamil. And, before 1954 there was no AP.

And how are you sure he did not come from Telengana ?.....Razz

oh uppilli, have you thanked Northern Indians today?

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:23 am

And how are you sure he did not come from Telengana ?.....good thing we're not paying for this Icon_razz

uppili, you loser, kattabomman's people are from prakasam district in Andhra Pradesh. If you visit, Ongole, it's capital expect this majestic fellow you greet you at door:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ongole#/media/File:Bos_taurus_indicus.jpg

kattabomman is not even properly tamil. and tamilz have been celebrating him like crazy.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:40 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWXNcbxQ76w

I do wonder though why the british bothered to give us independence. if naturam had done away with MG prior to independence we would still be under colonial rule.

also, do indina pols have a drug habit? they're so old they probably don't. but i'm sure their kids do. one way to stop them from inherting their parents' posts. are you aware that good old congress has the most number of inherited posts?

eh? all imperial/colonial powers wouldn't have existed even as independent countries but for the us intervention in ww II which I m sure you are aware of..... so scratch

MG's quest was more of self realization via 'experiments with truth' and his involvement with the freedom movement was only a  means/mechanism/handle to it... ask baava to shed light on this as I am sure he's aware of naipauls's views on MG

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:23 pm

garam_kuta wrote:

all imperial/colonial powers wouldn't have existed even as independent countries but for the us intervention in ww II which I m sure you are aware of..... so scratch

MG's quest was more of self realization via 'experiments with truth' and his involvement with the freedom movement was only a  means/mechanism/handle to it... ask baava to shed light on this as I am sure he's aware of naipauls's views on MG
"all imperial powers wouldn't have existed..." admits the possibility that some imperial powers would have existed. is that what you meant?

or did you mean, "no imperial power would have existed after wwII if the u.s. hadn't intervened?"

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:16 am

swapna wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:

all imperial/colonial powers wouldn't have existed even as independent countries but for the us intervention in ww II which I m sure you are aware of..... so scratch

"all imperial powers wouldn't have existed..." admits the possibility that some imperial powers would have existed. is that what you meant?

or did you mean, "no imperial power would have existed after wwII if the u.s. hadn't intervened?"

that's correct; none of those imperial powers is what i meant.

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down