Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Owaisi - A rising star?

5 posters

Go down

Owaisi - A rising star? Empty Owaisi - A rising star?

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:44 pm

Owaisi, 46, is being hailed as a “superstar of the Muslim community,” a “truth-speaking angry young man” and “a ray of hope” among India’s Muslims. Muslims make up 14 percent of India’s 1.2 billion population but have historically had little political influence.

“I have never seen such a fearless leader before,” said Syed Jawad, a 22-year-old dairy shop owner who watched Owaisi here in this western city about 200 miles from Mumbai. “Owaisi is the new messiah for us.”
-> Sad but I guess this is direct reaction to the religious politics of Chaddies
“This is our country as much as it is yours. We are not renters, we are also owners of this land. We should get our rights,” Owaisi said.
-> He is 100% right and no one can deny them their right; one can only hope spineless chaddies and wannabe goat eaters come to grips with this sooner than later.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/why-a-rising-star-of-muslim-politics-in-india-stirs-hope-and-fear/2015/08/16/1a81275c-3d21-11e5-a312-1a6452ac77d2_story.html

Last edited by confuzzled dude on Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Owaisi - A rising star? Empty Re: Owaisi - A rising star?

Post by Hellsangel Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:47 pm

I was waiting to see how long before you posted this article, Tovarisch.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:08 pm

Hellsangel wrote:I was waiting to see how long before you posted this article, Tovarisch.
Thank me for putting an end to your wait.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:06 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:I was waiting to see how long before you posted this article, Tovarisch.
Thank me for putting an end to your wait.
You never disappoint with your whining, Tovarisch.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:35 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
“This is our country as much as it is yours. We are not renters, we are also owners of this land. We should get our rights,” Owaisi said.
-> He is 100% right and no one can deny them their right; one can only hope spineless chaddies and wannabe goat eaters come to grips with this sooner than later.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/why-a-rising-star-of-muslim-politics-in-india-stirs-hope-and-fear/2015/08/16/1a81275c-3d21-11e5-a312-1a6452ac77d2_story.html

completely agree with Owaisi. Just tell him to accept UCC and everything WILL be 100% equal.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:36 am

from the article---

“The most effective way of countering him is to expose his track record on development. Has he helped set up a factory to create jobs for Muslims? Has he built a road?”

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:34 pm

Cd,

Next step is to enlist rashmun to rewrite razakar history.
Owaisi's rise among Muslims is similar to the rise of isis in Middle East. It speaks about the cultural poverty of secular politics in India. A sensible person would not glorify the rise of a rank  communalist even if it is from an article of ignorant shallow western reporter.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:01 pm

truthbetold wrote:Cd,

Owaisi's rise among Muslims is similar to the rise of isis in Middle East. It speaks about the cultural poverty of secular politics in India. A sensible person would not glorify the rise of a rank  communalist even if it is from an article of ignorant shallow western reporter.

Repeat after me:

One has to be a HINDU to be communal

and x 100 times

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:06 pm

How is he any different from those Shivsena/BJP MPs? I am not sure what you meant by glorifying?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:29 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:

How is he any different from those Shivsena/BJP MPs? I am not sure what you meant by glorifying?
Excellent! This is the point i've been trying to make over the years on these forums. The Owaisis haven't come out of the blue. They have been the influencial communal muslim leaders over the past few decades. The grandpa Owaisi was involved in the Rajakar movement, started/reorganized the out and out communal party, MIM. As its leader, daddy Owaisi (Sultan Salahuddin Owaisi) served in the assembly and parliament for several decades. i doubt if he has ever lost an election coz all the hyd muslims would vote for him en masse. Of course, hyderabadis from that era know that he orchestrated several communal riots for his political gains. Now the sons have takes over.

The thing is, MIM is anything but a very communal party and hydi muslims vote enmasse for it while its leaders and the muslims, while supporting MIM and its communal leaders, talk about secularism and talk against the 'communal' BJP (which came into existance much later than MIM, btw. so don't talk as if MIM was borne out of hindu nationalism). And muslims like you also get all out of shape talking about BJP 24/7, but won't utter a word against MIM. See the hypocrisy of it all.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:50 pm

Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Excellent! This is the point i've been trying to make over the years on these forums. The Owaisis haven't come out of the blue. They have been the influencial communal muslim leaders over the past few decades. The grandpa Owaisi was involved in the Rajakar movement, started/reorganized the out and out communal party, MIM. As its leader, daddy Owaisi (Sultan Salahuddin Owaisi) served in the assembly and parliament for several decades. i doubt if he has ever lost an election coz all the hyd muslims would vote for him en masse. Of course, hyderabadis from that era know that he orchestrated several communal riots for his political gains. Now the sons have takes over.

The thing is, MIM is anything but a very communal party and hydi muslims vote enmasse for it while its leaders and the muslims, while supporting MIM and its communal leaders, talk about secularism and talk against the 'communal' BJP (which came into existance much later than MIM, btw. so don't talk as if MIM was borne out of hindu nationalism). And muslims like you also get all out of shape talking about BJP 24/7, but won't utter a word against MIM. See the hypocrisy of it all.
What are you trying to say? The overwhelming majority of blacks voted for Obama, Jeb Bush is counting on Hispanic votes; Indo-American candidates heavily rely on Indian American votes.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:29 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

What are you trying to say? The overwhelming majority of blacks voted for Obama, Jeb Bush is counting on Hispanic votes; Indo-American candidates heavily rely on Indian American votes.
I think we are talking about supporting/overlooking the blatantly communal party of one's own religion while talking about secularism and getting stressed about and being obsessed day in and day out over the one belonging to the other religion.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:53 pm

Kinnera wrote:
I think we are talking about supporting/overlooking the blatantly communal party of one's own religion while talking about secularism and getting stressed about and being obsessed day in and day out over the one belonging to the other religion.
Please be kind to our resident patriots. You don't want to shatter those dainty, fragile souls, with logical arguments, do you?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:03 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
Please be kind to our resident patriots. You don't want to shatter those dainty, fragile souls, with logical arguments, do you?
You are no less, Confugaru.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:44 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Kinnera wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

Huhhh....trying your diversionary tactic...that means you accept Kinny's points. Gracius

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:44 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Huhhh....trying your diversionary tactic...that means you accept Kinny's points.  Gracius
Diversionary tactic, really? I bet you don't have an answer.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:24 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Huhhh....trying your diversionary tactic...that means you accept Kinny's points.  Gracius
More blacks voted for Clinton than for Obama. So?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:33 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:
More blacks voted for Clinton than for Obama. So?
Shocked

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:58 am

Owaisi’s move has already begun polarising the Hindus well ahead of the elections. A clear hint of this was seen during the NDA rally addressed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Saharsa on August 18, held barely two days after Owaisi’s visit to Kishanganj. Media reports have said the crowd at the Saharsa rally was more than the other rallies addressed by the PM in Muzaffarpur, Gaya and Ara towns. It was significant to note that the the crowd registered its massive presence despite heavy rains in Saharsa. “This was clearly the Owaisi effect. By thronging the venue in huge numbers, the Hindus wanted to display their solidarity for Modi,” commented a local journalist who had covered the Saharsa rally.

Past records also show Owaisi’s presence in the electoral arena has hugely benefitted the BJP. The BJP-led alliance gained majority in Maharashtra assembly polls after Owaisi jumped into the poll arena although his party could win only two seats. The BJP lost badly in Delhi elections as Owaisi decided against contesting the elections. Now that he had planned to contest the Bihar elections, it has only brightened the BJP’s poll prospects as it evident from saffron camp’s mysterious silence over the issue. Unconfirmed reports say Owaisi allegedly has a tacit understanding with the BJP. It is said he meets BJP chief Amit Shah whenever the former is in Delhi though there is no official confirmation about it.
http://www.firstpost.com/politics/how-owaisis-bihar-entry-is-a-bad-omen-for-lalu-nitish-alliance-2401870.html

-> Hmmm..

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:00 pm

Yes, Tovarisch. Owaisi is a chaddi stooge. He must be persona non grata to you now.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:03 pm

Hellsangel wrote:Yes, Tovarisch. Owaisi is a chaddi stooge. He must be persona non grata to you now.

i think so too....why else would he split the "secular" vote?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:36 pm

Hellsangel wrote:Yes, Tovarisch. Owaisi is a chaddi stooge. He must be persona non grata to you now.
https://such.forumotion.com/t27638-end-of-regionalism-in-indian-politics#180385

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down