Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is Rediff's target audience?

Go down

Who is Rediff's target audience? Empty Who is Rediff's target audience?

Post by Kris Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:12 pm

I am curious about this. I just saw an article in Rediff on Tom Brady and Giselle Bundchen's marriage being on the rocks. I have seen quite a few references to American TV shows like Friends as well. With the shows, I can see the public being exposed to them in India. I am assuming a story on Brady wouldn't elicit much interest. Or do these stories appear only when we access the site from here?

Kris

Back to top Go down

Who is Rediff's target audience? Empty Re: Who is Rediff's target audience?

Post by Guest Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:49 am

Kris wrote:I am curious about this. I just saw an article in Rediff on Tom Brady and Giselle Bundchen's marriage being on the rocks. I have seen quite a few references to American TV shows like Friends as well. With the shows, I can see the public being exposed to them in India. I am assuming a story on Brady wouldn't elicit much interest. Or do these stories appear only when we access the site from here?
yes you are right. the content is tailored to your IP address. i see only indian stories in rediff right now.

take facebook and whatsapp.  i use the same IP through wi-fi to access whatsapp on my phone and facebook through my laptop. facebook picks up my whatsapp contacts and sees if they have a facebook page. if they do, it suggests, on my facebook page, if i would like to "friend" them!

take youtube. i see mostly kannada ads when i watch content on youtube. that is because my service provider uses a bangalore gateway!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:04 am

brie wrote:
Kris wrote:I am curious about this. I just saw an article in Rediff on Tom Brady and Giselle Bundchen's marriage being on the rocks. I have seen quite a few references to American TV shows like Friends as well. With the shows, I can see the public being exposed to them in India. I am assuming a story on Brady wouldn't elicit much interest. Or do these stories appear only when we access the site from here?
yes you are right. the content is tailored to your IP address. i see only indian stories in rediff right now.

take facebook and whatsapp.  i use the same IP through wi-fi to access whatsapp on my phone and facebook through my laptop. facebook picks up my whatsapp contacts and sees if they have a facebook page. if they do, it suggests, on my facebook page, if i would like to "friend" them!

take youtube. i see mostly kannada ads when i watch content on youtube. that is because my service provider uses a bangalore gateway!
>>>Ok, thanks. It makes more sense then.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down