Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

kalbelias - cobra gypsys

2 posters

Go down

kalbelias - cobra gypsys Empty kalbelias - cobra gypsys

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:58 pm

Back to top Go down

kalbelias - cobra gypsys Empty Re: kalbelias - cobra gypsys

Post by Kris Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:11 am

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
>>Thanks for posting.Very nice to watch. Such joie de vivre and good looks despite the hard-scrabble existence. I have seen street folk artists as a kid who must be related to them. You also see them in Europe and can make out there is an Indian connection genetically when you see them.  The other surprising thing is the biodiversity in Rajasthan despite it being a desert.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:07 pm

Interesting documentary. I'm watching it. They remind me of the Lambadis/Banjaras, the nomads you find in Hyderabad and Telangana. The Lambadis were pretty good looking. The women wore beautiful and colorful attire, with mirrors stitched all over and fancy jewelry.

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:16 pm

Kinnera wrote:Interesting documentary. I'm watching it. They remind me of the Lambadis/Banjaras, the nomads you find in Hyderabad and Telangana. The Lambadis were pretty good looking. The women wore beautiful and colorful attire, with mirrors stitched all over and fancy jewelry.
the telugus are better-looking. i watched 15 mins of it. half those guys look like dhanush of kolaveri fame.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:57 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:
Kinnera wrote:Interesting documentary. I'm watching it. They remind me of the Lambadis/Banjaras, the nomads you find in Hyderabad and Telangana. The Lambadis were pretty good looking. The women wore beautiful and colorful attire, with mirrors stitched all over and fancy jewelry.
the telugus are better-looking. i watched 15 mins of it. half those guys look like dhanush of kolaveri fame.
I ended up watching a bunch of Dhanush's movies lately. The things that are common in all the movies that i watched: 1. there's this young high school/young teenage phase in all and looks like he wants ppl to be amazed at how young he looks, though he's in his 30s. 2. Most of his movies are depressing, sad, possibly psychotic and are tragedies. Seems like he wants to show off his acting prowess in those meloncholic roles. His movies got so monotonic coz of this. 3. his movies are so illogical and stupid. The one with the kolaveri song is one prime example. 

I am done with his movies. No more!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:48 pm

>>>I remember street troupes coming out and the girls doing high wire walk acts. They would do a few other things and collect money after that. This was when I was in middle school. The girls were good looking. They spoke something like Hindi. I think these may all be related groups.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:22 am

Kris wrote:
>>>I remember street troupes coming out and the girls doing high wire walk acts. They would do a few other things and collect money after that. This was when I was in middle school. The girls were good looking. They spoke something like Hindi. I think these may all be related groups.
Ya, I remember them too. They were called 'dommari vaallu' in telugu. Ya, i think they are nomads too. I checked the origins of the Lambadis. They are originally from Afghanistan. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banjara

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down