Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does it get harder to hide emotions

+3
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
FluteHolder
seven
7 posters

Go down

Does it get harder to hide emotions Empty Does it get harder to hide emotions

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:32 pm

as one gets older?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Does it get harder to hide emotions Empty Re: Does it get harder to hide emotions

Post by seven Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:03 pm

I would think we get better at it as we grow older. 

Or maybe in some cases, we lose our ability to give a damn and don't hide emotions. 

More context will help.

seven

Back to top Go down

Does it get harder to hide emotions Empty Re: Does it get harder to hide emotions

Post by TruthSeeker Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:00 pm

Women develop this skill, in most masculine societies like US or India. To a point that their emotions burst in other areas.

Not with age, but with maturity and understanding, comes the need to hide emotions, for positive reasons. 

Otherwise, you turn into an Indrani Mukherjea.

Its high time adults who think of themselves as wise, started learning from kids.

Lot of points I made here, when it comes to hiding truth,
TS.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:08 pm

seven wrote:I would think we get better at it as we grow older. 

Or maybe in some cases, we lose our ability to give a damn and don't hide emotions. 

More context will help.
>>>It could be more a case of not caring about offending others' sensibilities and speaking your mind.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:28 pm

Kris wrote:

More context will help.
>>>It could be more a case of not caring about offending others' sensibilities and speaking your mind.
Yes. One shouldn't have to hide their emotions. Expressing them in ways that doesn't hurt other people's feelings is what I was talking about.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:00 pm

I think one becomes ruthless (I know this is a stronger word) or you can say unattached, but objective should be to seek best outcome for a given situation. If you give in to emotions, which might cloud clear thinking and you may lose the ability to analyse what is best/worst case scenarios. In the end 'Que SeraSera'. 

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:35 pm

Kris wrote:

More context will help.

This is just too much effort and puts the offender in more stress.

That is why married men become quieter with and limit their conversation to Hm..hm... hmmmmmm..

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:00 pm

FluteHolder wrote:I think one becomes ruthless (I know this is a stronger word) or you can say unattached, but objective should be to seek best outcome for a given situation. If you give in to emotions, which might cloud clear thinking and you may lose the ability to analyse what is best/worst case scenarios. In the end 'Que SeraSera'. 
>>I agree if it is in the context of an ongoing relationship like marriage or work. The net is the other extreme where are usually  interacting with people who play no role in your real life. The dynamic in that situation, at least for me, is that some of these conversations go on forever and drain you. It is not worth it when there is so little at stake. I guess you get wiser as you get older as to what to expend effort on.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:06 pm

People who lie, almost always do out of emotions.

I don't get them.

Never did, never will.

Anyone who justifies their lies with "emotions" - is an idiot. An insult to my intelligence.

The way I read this post on "hiding emotions" is - How do I learn to lie?

Bigger Q is - Why do U need to?

Why does ANY human have the need to lie, emotions or not?

Get to that root first.

TS.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:30 am

seven wrote:One shouldn't have to hide their one's
emotions. 

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:06 am

Kris wrote:
FluteHolder wrote:I think one becomes ruthless (I know this is a stronger word) or you can say unattached, but objective should be to seek best outcome for a given situation. If you give in to emotions, which might cloud clear thinking and you may lose the ability to analyse what is best/worst case scenarios. In the end 'Que SeraSera'. 
>>I agree if it is in the context of an ongoing relationship like marriage or work. The net is the other extreme where are usually  interacting with people who play no role in your real life. The dynamic in that situation, at least for me, is that some of these conversations go on forever and drain you. It is not worth it when there is so little at stake. I guess you get wiser as you get older as to what to expend effort on.
I agreed but the key is not to let that get to you, but.. but.. it is lot easier said than done. One of the reasons for the inability to hide your emotions as you get older could be the seriousness, you're lot more serious about these issues now than you're, say, in your twenties.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down