Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shobha De to Hindutva Chaddis: Bring it On

+2
Seva Lamberdar
MaxEntropy_Man
6 posters

Go down

Shobha De to Hindutva Chaddis: Bring it On Empty Shobha De to Hindutva Chaddis: Bring it On

Post by Guest Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:37 am

https://twitter.com/DeShobhaa/status/649472976488808448

Back to top Go down

Shobha De to Hindutva Chaddis: Bring it On Empty Re: Shobha De to Hindutva Chaddis: Bring it On

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:27 pm

this seems like the equivalent of someone voluntarily contracting a venereal disease as a reaction against anti-prostitution laws!
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Shobha De to Hindutva Chaddis: Bring it On Empty Re: Shobha De to Hindutva Chaddis: Bring it On

Post by Seva Lamberdar Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:36 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:this seems like the equivalent of someone voluntarily contracting a venereal disease as a reaction against anti-prostitution laws!
seems like a publicity stunt on her part. she probably can't wait for someone in RSS etc. to react and criticize her.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:22 pm

https://twitter.com/tunkuv/status/650515382328016896

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:23 pm

https://twitter.com/tunkuv/status/650517531707449345

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:59 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:this seems like the equivalent of someone voluntarily contracting a venereal disease as a reaction against anti-prostitution laws!

She's trolling for sure, but your analogy is absurd and quite surprising coming from you.

There's no law against eating beef. So the reference to "anti-prostitution laws" is misplaced. And what one eats is one's business. Just because you don't like somebody else's food choice doesn't mean you kill them (or in more genteel environs, liken their choice to contracting a venereal disease). Period.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:01 am

i never said killing someone was ok under any circumstances. my point-- if she wants to eat beef, let her, but why do it to defy someone and make a spectacle of herself? but since i wrote that i googled her. spectacle making is what she does for a living.  must be one of those society women with a lot of time on their hands.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:17 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i never said killing someone was ok under any circumstances. my point-- if she wants to eat beef, let her, but why do it to defy someone and make a spectacle of herself? but since i wrote that i googled her. spectacle making is what she does for a living.  must be one of those society women with a lot of time on their hands.

She is all that, but that is irrelevant. Regardless of the theatrics, the point she makes is very valid - that in the toxic climate that the BJP govt has engendered after coming to power, it has somehow become ok to kill someone for what they eat.

The BJP Govt at the center calls the lynching "an accident" and that the lynch mob had no intention of killing the man!!
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:58 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i never said killing someone was ok under any circumstances. my point-- if she wants to eat beef, let her, but why do it to defy someone and make a spectacle of herself? but since i wrote that i googled her. spectacle making is what she does for a living.  must be one of those society women with a lot of time on their hands.
Yeah Max, who has time for this fluff. Stick to the pertinent facts. Bullet-points next time. TIA.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:04 pm

http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/the-buck-stops-here/beef-on-the-boil-netas-cook-communal-curry/385697?hp

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:45 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:

She is all that, but that is irrelevant. Regardless of the theatrics, the point she makes is very valid - that in the toxic climate that the BJP govt has engendered after coming to power, it has somehow become ok to kill someone for what they eat.

The BJP Govt at the center calls the lynching "an accident" and that the lynch mob had no intention of killing the man!!
How can theatrics be irrelevant and the "point" she makes valid? Are you suggesting that theatrics don't involve mental work? How can you be so "communal" when it comes to ignoring theatrics and exaggerating the importance of "the point"! Stop your Sikular bias against theatrics.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:34 am

I think finally the Islamic practice is
beginning to backfire:

|
|
|
V

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down