Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there such a thing as ...

3 posters

Go down

Is there such a thing as ... Empty Is there such a thing as ...

Post by indophile Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:01 pm

a "Governor's Rule" (on the same lines as President's Rule) in India? Or do they just call President's Rule as Governor's Rule? I am hearing both terms being thrown around wrt AP, i.e., if the agitators resort to Rail Roko.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Is there such a thing as ... Empty Re: Is there such a thing as ...

Post by CroMagnon Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:04 pm

I think under president's rule, the governor is the enforcer. So governor gets all the executive power.
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:13 pm

indophile wrote:a "Governor's Rule" (on the same lines as President's Rule) in India? Or do they just call President's Rule as Governor's Rule? I am hearing both terms being thrown around wrt AP, i.e., if the agitators resort to Rail Roko.

president controls the governors of all the states so his rule becomes the governor's who is allowed to enforce the rule

unless he needs the president's help

hope i didnt confuse you further Cool
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:25 pm

indophile wrote:a "Governor's Rule" (on the same lines as President's Rule) in India? Or do they just call President's Rule as Governor's Rule? I am hearing both terms being thrown around wrt AP, i.e., if the agitators resort to Rail Roko.

They both probably mean the same. Is AP headed for a President's rule? That was recently strongly denied by the CM and Azad. Don't know if the congress has the guts to do it.

I think that is what AP needs. It has become quite chaotic and the general public is put to immense hardships by the forced/imposed 'democratic' agitations. This has to stop. Governor Narasimhan needs to step in. He's a pretty capable guy.

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:36 pm

kinnera wrote:[ Is AP headed for a President's rule?

What I hear is that if the agitators proceed with the threatened "rail roko" (stopping train traffic), they are inviting President's Rule.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:44 pm

indophile wrote:
kinnera wrote:[ Is AP headed for a President's rule?

What I hear is that if the agitators proceed with the threatened "rail roko" (stopping train traffic), they are inviting President's Rule.

They postponed it to Oct 15th. Let's see what happens. President's rule is the need of the hour, if the present situation continues.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down