Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

haha i am 68

+3
seven
garam_kuta
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
7 posters

Go down

haha i am 68 Empty haha i am 68

Post by Guest Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:13 pm

http://www.answers.com/article/1330249/can-we-guess-your-age-by-your-vocabulary

You’ve studied many languages, providing you with plenty of ways to express yourself. You are storyteller and people love to listen to you. Your voice is full of wisdom and your vocabulary is old-fashioned and immaculate.

Back to top Go down

haha i am 68 Empty Re: haha i am 68

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:01 pm

...I am 24...

(why am i not surprised?)

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:05 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:...I am 24...

வாய் ௯சாம​ தளஂறீங்க​...மெய்யாலுங்காட்ட்டியும் 2 க்கு கீழதான ஸஂகோரு?

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:36 am

Can they guess our age based on our vocabulary? No.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:42 am

garam_kuta wrote:

you guys actually have circles as well as dots in your alphabets? In iphone safari, it showed up as Huge squares (pic below), hence got curious.

I usually make circles for dotting the i's. Guess that would fail in tamil.

haha i am 68 6ZlU9ae

Back to top Go down

Post by Appalamma Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:56 am

I am also 68.

Appalamma

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:13 pm

seven wrote:Can they guess our age based on our vocabulary? No.
perhaps, but I can guess your iq and your educational attainment from your writing.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:42 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:

you guys actually have circles as well as dots in your alphabets? In iphone safari, it showed up as Huge squares (pic below), hence got curious.

I usually make circles for dotting the i's. Guess that would fail in tamil.

haha i am 68 6ZlU9ae

Hey that's an observation clap  seriously, I am not sure how many marathamizhars notice(d) it...No, it doesn't make any difference at all, hence innocuous and therefore nobody mentioned it, i guess.

it's more like stylistic prejudice/ostentatious/decorative etc., and here just the keyboard that I'd used.  Anyway thanks for pointing it out Smile

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:15 pm

swapna wrote:
seven wrote:Can they guess our age based on our vocabulary? No.
perhaps, but I can guess your iq and your educational attainment from your writing.
Let's see how well.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:02 am

You are a college-educated individual with a pretty good vocabulary. You are quite articulate when it matters, such as writing cover letters or nailing an interview. However, you are still focused on having fun and living life to the fullest. Speaking with sophistication doesn’t always roll of your tongue. Also, you are aware of all the new slang, but you feel too old to use words like “on fleek.” Instead, you’ll stick to your roots, and use 90s lingo like “dude” and “duh.

**Trix, how come you got 68?what did you pick? i got 24. So strange.
Anyhow, the qs were weird:

I don't say "it's a pleasure to meet you" when i'm being introduced to someone but when someone thanks me, for example, a client, I almost always say, "no, thank you, the pleasure's mine."
More later, mom's a round and being nosy.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:53 am

pravalika nanda wrote:You are a college-educated individual with a pretty good vocabulary. You are quite articulate when it matters, such as writing cover letters or nailing an interview. However, you are still focused on having fun and living life to the fullest. Speaking with sophistication doesn’t always roll of your tongue. Also, you are aware of all the new slang, but you feel too old to use words like “on fleek.” Instead, you’ll stick to your roots, and use 90s lingo like “dude” and “duh.

I don't say "it's a pleasure to meet you" when i'm being introduced to someone but when someone thanks me, for example, a client, I almost always say, "no, thank you, the pleasure's mine."

sounds right for you...mine, hmm. It wasn't that accurate. It said I know many languages. I am bad in the languages I do know, forget about knowing a lot of them (programming languages don't count lol). But I translated it to mean cultures. Guess I am a bit prudish when it comes to talking, and I do hesitate while saying certain words unless I am very comfortable with my company. Once a guy had to force me to say penis, coz I kept calling it in stupid euphemisms. I still cringe when people around me say certain words or phrases. Guess I am much more free when writing on an anonymous (haha) forum, and I guess with close family/friends. Peeps very close to me have heard my full French. Guess I should retake the test and a be a bit more open, but on second thoughts, nbd.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:55 am

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:http://www.answers.com/article/1330249/can-we-guess-your-age-by-your-vocabulary

You’ve studied many languages, providing you with plenty of ways to express yourself. You are storyteller and people love to listen to you. Your voice is full of wisdom and your vocabulary is old-fashioned and immaculate.
I got the same.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:01 pm

well..the challenge now is, you both be " a bit more open.." and let's know the scored details Wink

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:31 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:You are a college-educated individual with a pretty good vocabulary. You are quite articulate when it matters, such as writing cover letters or nailing an interview. However, you are still focused on having fun and living life to the fullest. Speaking with sophistication doesn’t always roll of your tongue. Also, you are aware of all the new slang, but you feel too old to use words like “on fleek.” Instead, you’ll stick to your roots, and use 90s lingo like “dude” and “duh.

sounds right for you...mine, hmm. It wasn't that accurate. It said I know many languages. I am bad in the languages I do know, forget about knowing a lot of them (programming languages don't count lol). But I translated it to mean cultures. Guess I am a bit prudish when it comes to talking, and I do hesitate while saying certain words unless I am very comfortable with my company. Once a guy had to force me to say penis, coz I kept calling it in stupid euphemisms. I still cringe when people around me say certain words or phrases. Guess I am much more free when writing on an anonymous (haha) forum, and I guess with close family/friends. Peeps very close to me have heard my full French. Guess I should retake the test and a be a bit more open, but on second thoughts, nbd.
>>It was pretty accurate for me, but for the 'many languages' part, unless they mean exposure to many languages. I am very careful in the words I choose to make sure I convey the right meaning and also partly because I don't feel comfortable with words that I think are crass. I do use the 'f' word when I am really frustrated, but am mindful of the people around, especially women*. 
I am pretty much the same in online forums or in person. 

*Years ago when I was getting vexed over something I was working on I blurted out an audible  'j.c' and the dept. admin, a devout Christian, who used to sit a few feet away shot me a dirty look. My comeback: 'just talking to the Lord, Jeannie, just talking to the Lord'. She burst out laughing.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down