Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tasleema Nasreen---most secular people are pro muslim and anti hindu

4 posters

Go down

Tasleema Nasreen---most secular people are pro muslim and anti hindu Empty Tasleema Nasreen---most secular people are pro muslim and anti hindu

Post by ashdoc Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:12 am

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Indian-writers-guilty-of-double-standards-when-it-comes-to-dissent-Taslima-Nasrin/articleshow/49425201.cms

Last edited by ashdoc on Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:15 am; edited 3 times in total

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Tasleema Nasreen---most secular people are pro muslim and anti hindu Empty Re: Tasleema Nasreen---most secular people are pro muslim and anti hindu

Post by ashdoc Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:14 am

Yes. Most secular people are pro-Muslims and anti-Hindu. They protest against the acts of Hindu fundamentalists and defend the heinous acts of Muslim fundamentalists.
this is one courageous lady !! inspite of being a muslim by birth ( though she is atheist now ) , she has the guts to say the truth .

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Tasleema Nasreen---most secular people are pro muslim and anti hindu Empty Re: Tasleema Nasreen---most secular people are pro muslim and anti hindu

Post by Kris Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:42 am

ashdoc wrote:

Yes. Most secular people are pro-Muslims and anti-Hindu. They protest against the acts of Hindu fundamentalists and defend the heinous acts of Muslim fundamentalists.
this is one courageous lady !! inspite of being a muslim by birth ( though she is atheist now ) , she has the guts to say the truth .
Do you feel the writers were silent when you were targeted?

Most writers were silent when my book was banned in West Bengal, when 5 fatwas were issued against me in India, when I was thrown out of West Bengal, when I was kept under house arrest in Delhi for months and was forced to leave India, when my mega serial for TV was banned. I have been struggling alone for the right to live here and for my freedom of expression. Not only they were silent, famous writers like Sunil Ganguly and Shankha Ghosh appealed to Buddhadeb Bhattacharya, the then CM of West Bengal, to ban my book.

Are writers guilty of double standards when it comes to dissent?

Yes, I agree. Many writers are guilty of double standards when it comes to dissent.

>>>The above says it all as to why these protests ring hollow.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:48 pm

Hmm..... Looks like she misspelt the word Sikular!

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:32 pm

Difference betwee Booker proze and Sahitya award.

Booker makes one popular when they get it. Sahitya award makes popular when they return it.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down